Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 08:44 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,818,961 times

Advertisements

The term...fornication is very interesting- most do not understand what it means- They think it's some old biblical term without substance. People confuse love with physical pleasure. During sex chemicals are produced in the brain- they are a drug. A drug that can over power good and righteous judgement and addict the individual to fornication.

All have experienced that rush prior to orgasm - and will utter the words "I love you" - right after the orgasmic release- indifference takes place.

No matter what the "orientation" is all can be fornicators. All people can say they are in a committed "Loving" relationship- but if you take the sex away - take the drug away- There is no "love" - There may be habitual need because of familiarity and a comfort that wards off loneliness but it is not love.

If you are formally married too someone and you have never loved them- but endure a marriage of convenience in order to facilitate fornication is is not a real marriage- If a person who is in one of these relationships wanders off and does fine a true lover...and abandons the one they are formally married too...I don't consider this adultery or fornication...The line that comes to mind is "They will not be given or taken in marriage- for they will be like the angels" To have an angelic love - with sex as the bond and comfort...is probably superior to social or so-called religious unions.

When some people referred to America as being a nation of fornicators- seeing that most marriages fail...They are probably correct .....most will say " I have fallen in love with someone else" When what they mean is - I have found pleasure in fornication....and believe that the pleasure will sustain me...

The reason I am mentioning this is because- prior to spending 27 years with one woman- I was a master fornicator...I jumped from woman too woman too woman..not loving but pleasure seeking...Now after being away from my spouse for a few years and NOT having sex with anyone but her....I thought I would go back to my old ways and resume seeking pleasure..back to fornication- Being older and wiser...I saw the disgrace and the degrading of myself through fornicating...I would rather die alone then return back to this sub-standard way of living... I learned my lesson....sex with out love make you feel less than an animal- I do not want to end my days as an animal,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2012, 10:54 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Yes I am. LOL. No offense taken it has happened all my life but I am the father.
OOPS!!

Sorry, I've never known a man named Robin - my mistake!

Well, good, I'm glad your son has you in his corner, to pray for him and try to mentor him.

He's still very young. With a little more maturity there is hope he'll choose to walk the path you've set the example for.

Old 08-08-2012, 10:57 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
The term...fornication is very interesting- most do not understand what it means- They think it's some old biblical term without substance. People confuse love with physical pleasure. During sex chemicals are produced in the brain- they are a drug. A drug that can over power good and righteous judgement and addict the individual to fornication.

All have experienced that rush prior to orgasm - and will utter the words "I love you" - right after the orgasmic release- indifference takes place.

No matter what the "orientation" is all can be fornicators. All people can say they are in a committed "Loving" relationship- but if you take the sex away - take the drug away- There is no "love" - There may be habitual need because of familiarity and a comfort that wards off loneliness but it is not love.

If you are formally married too someone and you have never loved them- but endure a marriage of convenience in order to facilitate fornication is is not a real marriage- If a person who is in one of these relationships wanders off and does fine a true lover...and abandons the one they are formally married too...I don't consider this adultery or fornication...The line that comes to mind is "They will not be given or taken in marriage- for they will be like the angels" To have an angelic love - with sex as the bond and comfort...is probably superior to social or so-called religious unions.

When some people referred to America as being a nation of fornicators- seeing that most marriages fail...They are probably correct .
....most will say " I have fallen in love with someone else" When what they mean is - I have found pleasure in fornication....and believe that the pleasure will sustain me...

The reason I am mentioning this is because- prior to spending 27 years with one woman- I was a master fornicator...I jumped from woman too woman too woman..not loving but pleasure seeking...Now after being away from my spouse for a few years and NOT having sex with anyone but her....I thought I would go back to my old ways and resume seeking pleasure..back to fornication- Being older and wiser...I saw the disgrace and the degrading of myself through fornicating...I would rather die alone then return back to this sub-standard way of living... I learned my lesson....sex with out love make you feel less than an animal- I do not want to end my days as an animal,
Most American marriages do not fail Many in fact do succeed.

The divorce rates have been falling for decades now. Currently it stands at around 38%.

Old 08-09-2012, 12:18 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,029,149 times
Quote:
He did say husband and wife not husbands and wives. And the account in Genesis is Adam and Eve not Jenny, and Sue, and Mary, and Martha.
But the fact is He did not say one man and one woman...

Quote:
It is good that he saw the error of his ways before the end.
I hope you aren't speaking of the 'error of being a Mason'...

Quote:
At least you are doing research unlike many others who just spout talking points as facts.
Been at it for over 20 years with an open mind...It is the ones with blinders on that fail to grow in spirit and knowledge...
Quote:
I think I addressed that earlier, but keep doing your research and you will see it even without the exact words.
Can't you just answer the question?...Or do you not have the answer?...

Quote:
And let's not forget all the problems that come with those Concubines and extra wives. Jacob had 2 wives and 2 Concubines who produced his twelve sons, read that story and see all his problems.
The fact is it is not a sin in HaShem's eyes, in fact it is condoned...People who are ignorant of the attributes of HaShem will hear others before they hear HaShem...Whether there were problems or not does not matter...The problems were created by the weakness of the flesh, not because it was a sin to have more than one wife...The problem David had at one point did not come from havong more than one wife, it was the wekness of his own flesh over Bathsheba...And HaShem said He would have given him more wives if that is what would have pleased him, so why did he have to take another man's wife...So, if it is a sin then why would HaShem give him more wives?...I do not want more than one wife, I love having the one on one, however I will not condemn someone for practicing polygamy when Hashem does not condemn it, nor will I stand by silently while some ignorant person states as fact that polygamy is a sin, when it is not...

Old 08-13-2012, 10:45 AM

7,507 posts, read 4,399,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
I think sexual immorality goes beyond sexual acts. I was recently disturbed by an act of what I consider to be sexual immorality. The pastor's wife at a local Baptist church posted a picture of herself over the internet in a string bikini w/ the caption "fit and over 40". While I think it is admirable to stay fit no matter what your age. I also think it is wrong for the first lady of a church to pose in and expose herself over the internet without care of what her children will think and what ridicule they may suffer for her indiscretion...
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Sorry honey, but what's really wrong with that story is YOUR judgement of your pastor's wife.
I think her judgment is debatable. While I disagree with what the pastor's wife did, I think there are ways to speak wisdom and encouragment to this woman rather condemnation (which I don't think she did).

Old 08-13-2012, 08:54 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,835,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
But the fact is He did not say one man and one woman..Can't you just answer the question?...Or do you not have the answer?...
The exact wording is not found within the Bible but anyone who has studied the Bible can see it as implied thruout the Bible. God never condoned the multiple marriages of many of His righteous but He did allow them for learning experiences. A man cannot in Gods eye have multiple wives because once he consumates one wife he has divorced the other and the same is for the women. Yes it is considered adultry or fornication but still by the logic of God you are married to your latest sexual partner. What man calls marriage and what God calls marriage is very different.

Old 08-14-2012, 07:49 AM

Quote:
The exact wording is not found within the Bible but anyone who has studied the Bible can see it as implied thruout the Bible. God never condoned the multiple marriages of many of His righteous but He did allow them for learning experiences. A man cannot in Gods eye have multiple wives because once he consumates one wife he has divorced the other and the same is for the women. Yes it is considered adultry or fornication but still by the logic of God you are married to your latest sexual partner. What man calls marriage and what God calls marriage is very different.
Robin, you really should od more research into this subject instead of allowing some one else to guide you to their 'conclusion'...

2Sa 12:7 And Nathan said to David, You are the man! So says Jehovah, the God of Israel, I anointed you as king over Israel, and I delivered you out of the hand of Saul.

Here HaSham has commited sin according to you:

2Sa 12:8 And I gave you the house of your master, and your master's wives into your bosom. And I gave you the house of Israel and of Judah. And if that were too little, then I would have added to you these and those things.

Now, why would HaShem have given him Saul's wives and EVEN given him more if that was not enough, if having multiple wives was a sin in His eyes?...Where do you get the idea that if you take on a second wife you have to divorce the first one?...And why would HaShem have given Laws through Moses to Israel on how a man with multiple wives are to conduct theirselves and how they are to treat their wives?...

2Sa 12:9 Why have you despised the Word of Jehovah, to do the evil in His eyes? You have stricken Uriah the Hittite by the sword, and you have taken his wife to yourself for a wife. And you have killed him by the sword of the sons of Ammon.
2Sa 12:10 And now the sword shall not turn aside from your house continually, because you have despised Me, and have taken the wife of Uriah the Hittite to be a wife to you.
2Sa 12:11 So says Jehovah, Behold, I shall raise up evil against you out of your house, and shall take your wives before your eyes and give them to your neighbor. And he shall lie with your wives in the sight of the sun.

Last edited by Richard1965; 08-14-2012 at 08:03 AM..

Old 08-14-2012, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Robin, you really should od more research into this subject instead of allowing some one else to guide you to their 'conclusion'...

2Sa 12:7 And Nathan said to David, You are the man! So says Jehovah, the God of Israel, I anointed you as king over Israel, and I delivered you out of the hand of Saul.

Here HaSham has commited sin according to you:

2Sa 12:8 And I gave you the house of your master, and your master's wives into your bosom. And I gave you the house of Israel and of Judah. And if that were too little, then I would have added to you these and those things.

Now, why would HaShem have given him Saul's wives and EVEN given him more if that was not enough, if having multiple wives was a sin in His eyes?...Where do you get the idea that if you take on a second wife you have to divorce the first one?...And why would HaShem have given Laws through Moses to Israel on how a man with multiple wives are to conduct theirselves and how they are to treat their wives?...

2Sa 12:9 Why have you despised the Word of Jehovah, to do the evil in His eyes? You have stricken Uriah the Hittite by the sword, and you have taken his wife to yourself for a wife. And you have killed him by the sword of the sons of Ammon.
2Sa 12:10 And now the sword shall not turn aside from your house continually, because you have despised Me, and have taken the wife of Uriah the Hittite to be a wife to you.
2Sa 12:11 So says Jehovah, Behold, I shall raise up evil against you out of your house, and shall take your wives before your eyes and give them to your neighbor. And he shall lie with your wives in the sight of the sun.
What are you talking about someone else guiding me to my conclusions?

Old 08-19-2012, 06:03 PM

What we need to remember is that we live in a fallen world and that we need God.

Old 08-19-2012, 08:58 PM

Quote:
What are you talking about someone else guiding me to my conclusions?
I am talking about how people demonize polygamy...Until I read what Hashem had to say about it, I demonized it also...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity