Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 06:08 PM

852 posts, read 1,364,904 times

Advertisements

Good post...it took awhile to complete this "test"....and I have to admit that midway through it, I began thinking ...."what, this test is going to tell me I'm going to Hell?"....but it's all there...
repent and ask forgiveness...
We all sin...
Jesus is our Savior...we enter the kingdom through Him.
This is all in the bible... A good shortened version of what the bible says in my opinion...but there is still much more. Believe in your heart! I find this is so important...God knows your heart. He will know if you are just "putting on a good front"...or if you know Him in your heart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2009, 06:30 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,437,571 times
Took the test, failed miserably...............thank God for Jesus huh?

Old 04-27-2009, 07:24 PM

3,662 posts, read 9,662,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
What I feel.

Isn't that what your belief is based on too?
No, I believe in the God of the Bible, and His son Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit who guides me. I have a foundation of absolute truth through God's Holy Word.

If all you have is your feeling, all you have is a made-up god.

Old 04-27-2009, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherryturner View Post
Good post...it took awhile to complete this "test"....and I have to admit that midway through it, I began thinking ...."what, this test is going to tell me I'm going to Hell?"....but it's all there...
repent and ask forgiveness...
We all sin...
Jesus is our Savior...we enter the kingdom through Him.
This is all in the bible... A good shortened version of what the bible says in my opinion...but there is still much more. Believe in your heart! I find this is so important...God knows your heart. He will know if you are just "putting on a good front"...or if you know Him in your heart.
Sorry to put you through that, sherry! Your quote actually made me chuckle, and I'm glad you got through it to see the message in it. God certainly knows our heart!

Old 04-27-2009, 07:28 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,568,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_guy View Post
No, I believe in the God of the Bible, and His son Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit who guides me. I have a foundation of absolute truth through God's Holy Word.

If all you have is your feeling, all you have is a made-up god.
Who said I believe in God anyways? Absolute truth? You mean absolute BELIEF.

And also, you mention absolute truth?

So tell me, how is your Bible any more true to lets say the Quran or Vedas?

Old 04-27-2009, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
You and me both!

Old 04-28-2009, 05:14 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,172,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
While I appreciate the test's "ability to prove our guilt", I see throwing hell as the reason to trust Him as nothing more than bullying.

He's worthy to be loved, trusted and worshiped because of who He is - when a person gets a real revelation of who they are in the face of who He is, that's more than enough to repent and fall on our face before Him.

This other stuff isn't real repentance, imo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold Kupp View Post
On the other hand Jesus said:

Luk 12:5 But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him.

Does that qualify as bullying?

HK
Harold, you unwittingly made my point - is Jesus saying fear hell, or fear Him? He should be our focus, not heaven or hell.

But that's all we've made it out to be. We love His hand , not His face.

Old 04-28-2009, 05:56 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,692,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
AMEN!!!

Old 04-28-2009, 06:13 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,021,754 times
You cannot get to Heaven believing that Jesus saves you from sin. You can only get there by believing and doing what He taught. And you can do that without Him because we each have a fragment of God that can lead us. No believing in Jesus as the son of God can do that. We are all son's of God. Jesus hates being worshipped as God and you would see that if you pulled the blinders off. Just because it's been believed for thousands of years, does not make it true.
Jesus is a Creator Son and not God. He can do nothing for your salvation because that is between you and God alone. His teachings of Divine Love is the only thing that saves. I know it's true because I put it to use and have overcome and have been redeemed of my own sins. All this without believing that Jesus is God and that He died for me. You too, can have this saving grace if you would only ask in prayer. I am a light for all who wish to see. There are plenty of others on the same path as I and they, too, have this very same light. God did not create sin. We created it and what you think, so shall it be.

Old 04-28-2009, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
You cannot get to Heaven believing that Jesus saves you from sin. You can only get there by believing and doing what He taught. And you can do that without Him because we each have a fragment of God that can lead us. No believing in Jesus as the son of God can do that. We are all son's of God. Jesus hates being worshipped as God and you would see that if you pulled the blinders off. Just because it's been believed for thousands of years, does not make it true.
Jesus is a Creator Son and not God. He can do nothing for your salvation because that is between you and God alone. His teachings of Divine Love is the only thing that saves. I know it's true because I put it to use and have overcome and have been redeemed of my own sins. All this without believing that Jesus is God and that He died for me. You too, can have this saving grace if you would only ask in prayer. I am a light for all who wish to see. There are plenty of others on the same path as I and they, too, have this very same light. God did not create sin. We created it and what you think, so shall it be.
Apostasy, heresy, and this will condemn one to hell! I fear for the soul who teaches this deception.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity