Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 08:48 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,025,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_guy View Post
Of course God is love, but He is many more things than that:

He is the Creator. So are you

He is Love. So are you

He is the Word. I AM is the word

He is Grace. So are you

He is the Father. So are you (if you have children) Would you treat your own children the way that you say God treats His children with some of His attributes?

He is the Holy Spirit. Nope. The Holy Spirit is His instrument He uses to convey the Divine Love

He is the Son. Nope. He is Father. Alone. Only one.

He is Omnipresent. So can you become

He is Omnipotent. So can you become

He is Omniscient. So can you become

He is Righteous. So can you become

He is Just. So can you become

He is Jealous. Nope. Man made sin

He is Wrathful. Nope. Man made sin

He is Sovereign. So are you

He is the Light. So are you if you so desire

He is the Vine. Whatever that means.

He is Judge. Nope. God doesn't judge. You are your own judge and jury.

He is Ruler. Ruler with Love

He is Alpha. Yes

He is Omega. Yes

He is Comforter. Yes

He is Counselor. Yes

He is the Bridegroom. Yes

He is the Body. Only Soul as you are.

He is the Shepherd. Yes

He is the Lamb. That is all of His creation.

He is King. Material title. God could care less for titles

He is Abba. Yes

He is Living Water. His Divine Love is the living water to be baptised with

He is Life. Yes

He is the Way. Jesus is the way

He is Truth. Jesus is the truth

He is Divine. So can you become

He is Lord. Only Father.

He is Holy. So are you

He is Perfect. So you can become

He is Alive. So are you

He is the Redeemer. Yes

He is Coming Soon. He doesn't leave His place in Paradise so he won't be coming.

He is the Savior. Through Divine Love.

He is mine!
God doesn't belong to anyone.

You forgot Soul, Personality, Merciful and Being. God is back of force and principle and law, which are only expressions of His being, and which without Him could not exist; and they are only existences, changeable, dependent and subject to the will of God, who only, is Being.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2009, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
"Reverend", you're on a Christian forum bashing our beliefs.

Please switch to //www.city-data.com/forum/religion-philosophy/

Thanks.
And how did I bash your beliefs? I gave my truths regarding the OP's question. Not once did I say anything bad about your beliefs. I disagree with them and I would never make fun of anyones beliefs.
I am good enough to get to heaven without believing the same things that you believe. And I am a Christian. A Divine Love christian. You can't change that and I do follow Jesus by believing in what He taught to His deciples. It's not my fault that others have twisted those truths for thousands of years.
Anyone can get to heaven by believing in His teachings and not with His sacrifice and death. It even states that in your bible if you would only see with your soul.

Old 04-28-2009, 11:01 AM

3,662 posts, read 9,669,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
And how did I bash your beliefs? I gave my truths regarding the OP's question. Not once did I say anything bad about your beliefs. I disagree with them and I would never make fun of anyones beliefs.
I am good enough to get to heaven without believing the same things that you believe. And I am a Christian. A Divine Love christian. You can't change that and I do follow Jesus by believing in what He taught to His deciples. It's not my fault that others have twisted those truths for thousands of years.
Anyone can get to heaven by believing in His teachings and not with His sacrifice and death. It even states that in your bible if you would only see with your soul.
And where do you learn about Jesus' teachings?

Old 04-28-2009, 11:16 AM

Quote:
And where do you learn about Jesus' teachings?
Is that a sincere question or do you want to tell me that what and where my beliefs come from are not of God because they aren't in the bible?

It took me a long time to reconcile even to a belief in a God who is my father. I am very protective of my Big Brother even though I don't need to be. If you want to bash what He teaches me through the received messages that I learn from, then you will need to go to another source. If you sincerely want to know about my beliefs and would be willing to read them and not bash but have an open mind, I will tell you.

Old 04-28-2009, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Is that a sincere question or do you want to tell me that what and where my beliefs come from are not of God because they aren't in the bible?

It took me a long time to reconcile even to a belief in a God who is my father. I am very protective of my Big Brother even though I don't need to be. If you want to bash what He teaches me through the received messages that I learn from, then you will need to go to another source. If you sincerely want to know about my beliefs and would be willing to read them and not bash but have an open mind, I will tell you.
Yes it was sincere, and it was to show that your beliefs are made up in your own imagination. You listen to evil spirits. Why do I know this? Because you contradict the very words of Jesus himself!

But seriously, where do you get the teachings of Jesus? Do you get them from the Bible?

Old 04-28-2009, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Yes it was sincere, and it was to show that your beliefs are made up in your own imagination. You listen to evil spirits. Why do I know this? Because you contradict the very words of Jesus himself!

But seriously, where do you get the teachings of Jesus? Do you get them from the Bible?
I won't tell you where my teachings come from because you have the bible as the word of God and are not open to other possibilities.
I do not read the bible as I have stated many times to you. Just because I believe in something different, does not mean I am listening to evil spirits. They would never tell me to love God and my brothers on earth and in the spirit world. They would never tell me that God is not of Love. They would never tell me that I have been created out of Love for Love. They would never tell me that I have to believe in only the bible. They would tell me to love all my brothers and sisters and to love God with all of my mind, heart and soul. The devil never ever contradicts himself. Of course he doesn't exist so he can't tell me anything. Evil spirits won't also go towards someone who is well protected from them because my guardians won't allow them as I have asked them to protect me from anyone who wishes to harm me.

Old 04-28-2009, 11:55 AM

Quote:
I won't tell you where my teachings come from because you have the bible as the word of God and are not open to other possibilities.
I do not read the bible as I have stated many times to you. Just because I believe in something different, does not mean I am listening to evil spirits. They would never tell me to love God and my brothers on earth and in the spirit world. They would never tell me that God is not of Love. They would never tell me that I have been created out of Love for Love. They would never tell me that I have to believe in only the bible. They would tell me to love all my brothers and sisters and to love God with all of my mind, heart and soul. The devil never ever contradicts himself. Of course he doesn't exist so he can't tell me anything. Evil spirits won't also go towards someone who is well protected from them because my guardians won't allow them as I have asked them to protect me from anyone who wishes to harm me.
You have been deceived by the devil himself. He has convinced he doesn't exist. He has seduced you away from the blood of Jesus Christ, and he has fooled you with his lies nicely packaged in love. You follow a false jesus, the very kind Jesus warned us about. And the devil is using you to lead others astray. You will have much to answer for on the great day of Judgment. I fear for your soul.

Old 04-28-2009, 11:57 AM

Quote:
You have been deceived by the devil himself. He has convinced he doesn't exist. He has seduced you away from the blood of Jesus Christ, and he has fooled you with his lies nicely packaged in love. You follow a false jesus, the very kind Jesus warned us about. And the devil is using you to lead others astray. You will have much to answer for on the great day of Judgment. I fear for your soul.

So be it then.

Old 04-28-2009, 12:06 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,836,603 times
Quote:
Are You a Good Person? Take the Test! The Good Test (http://www.rapturealert.com/good/index.htm - broken link)

God does not want you to perish. He is rich in mercy and compassion, and has provided a way for you to be forgiven. He has invited you to come to Him for a full pardon and receive the free gift of Eternal Life. You cannot earn it, and you do not deserve it, but God is offering it to you as proof of His love for you.

Today, with all your heart—turn away from sin, and surrender your life to Jesus Christ. Please don’t put it off till later. You may die today and then it will be too late. You may not yet have all the answers to your questions, but better to put on the parachute first and then ask questions, then to pass through the door unprepared, grasping for the parachute when it’s too late. You can pray something like this—"Dear God, today I turn from all my sins (name them), and I put my trust in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. Please forgive me, and grant me your gift of everlasting life. Amen." There is nothing magic about these words—it is the attitude of your heart that God cares about.
None of us are good enough on our own to get into heaven, not even the most righteous amongst us. I have the blood of Christ covering me and I still am not good enough on my own and must take my struggles to Him daily. Think about this, in all your activity, every second of every day, would you be willing to take Christ into every situation or are you embarassed by certain parts? Are you willing to take a young child into every situation? Personally I would take Christ into every situation and I know He will convict me in certain areas and that is what I want so I will know the truth and return to the path. But I do not want to take my 6 year old or even my 13 year old into certain situatuions because there are certain situations a child should not know about until they reach the right age and the marriage bed of mom and dad is entirely none of their business, ever, while Christ is all in all.

Old 04-28-2009, 01:28 PM

988 posts, read 1,903,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
Harold, you unwittingly made my point - is Jesus saying fear hell, or fear Him? He should be our focus, not heaven or hell.

But that's all we've made it out to be. We love His hand , not His face.

Yes fear (dread) Him - and why are we to fear Him?

Luk 12:5 But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him.

HK
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity