U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2009, 02:00 PM

8,989 posts, read 13,092,807 times

Advertisements

<aroooooo!> I had someone approach me and told me God told me to tell you that I was going to follow in my father's footsteps and be a preacher

My question is why did God send you? why didn't He just cut out the middle man and tell me? and if I wasn't going to believe when He told me then why in the world will I believe it coming from you?

Can people explain this to me?
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2009, 02:11 PM

2,529 posts, read 3,987,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
<aroooooo!> I had someone approach me and told me God told me to tell you that I was going to follow in my father's footsteps and be a preacher

My question is why did God send you? why didn't He just cut out the middle man and tell me? and if I wasn't going to believe when He told me then why in the world will I believe it coming from you?

Sure can't!!

Old 04-28-2009, 02:15 PM

13,625 posts, read 22,414,127 times
Quote:

It happened to me once, Fundy..When my daughter had cancer someone came to my house and told me that God told her about my daughter and sent her to prayer and lay hands on her for a healing and she had come clear from South Carolina to heal her.
Just so happens a neighbor was visiting and came from the kitchen to tell the stranger.."God didn't tell you about Diana..I did, last night at supper..
Turns out the visitor wanting to heal my daughter was a visiting cousin of the friend in the kitchen

I can explain my incident..but not yours..

Old 04-28-2009, 02:17 PM

7,591 posts, read 12,384,918 times
It's a dicey situation; if someone genuinely felt it was God that told them to do it, and they were sincere in their obedience...

...I would politely thank them, and ask the Lord to fulfill it if it was truly Him. I've been given a number of prophecies over the years - more didn't come to pass than did.

Old 04-28-2009, 05:02 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,204,781 times
Well I have had people approach me and say "God told me you were going to hell" and proceeded to share the gospel with me. This person didnt know me from Adam. I looked at them and said " Well you need to go back and tell your god that I am studying t be a minister and have been saved for a few years". They assumed because I am a big ugly redneck, I was lost.

Old 05-17-2009, 11:07 PM

3,646 posts, read 10,021,021 times
During a recent Bible Study, I started praying for visions... I thought it would be cool. I was raised Lutheran and this type of thing seemed foreign and strange to me.

Then I got one. During this vision, I felt that I was being told to tell my MIL about it. I did not want to. I told my dh, but told him that unless she called and said "Blankety, blank, blank" verbatim, I would not. She called the next day and said "Blankety, blank, blank" verbatim. I was a little scared and was upfront with her. I told her that I thought God wanted me to share something with her and that I'd have a vision. I told her I didn't want to tell her, but she reminded me that I needed to be obedient to God FIRST.

I shared the good parts with her first. She was really excited, praiseful and supportive. Then I told her the rest... including things I could not possibly have known about (I didn't even know at the time how "MUCH" I knew). She got upset and told me that I was allowing evil spirits to dictate to me.

A couple days later, after she had prayed about it, she calmed down and called me back, explained what I didn't know I knew (if that makes sense without giving details) and shared with me why she thought God wanted me to tell her those things... not just why her, but also why God wanted it to come from me. Little of it was pleasant and only some of it was taken seriously. It's all coming true now though, just as I saw 3 months ago. I really hope that before the "really bad" stuff happens that I saw, God gives them another, more direct message.

I don't ask for visions anymore BTW. Once was rough enough... I can't imagine what Daniel went through... having to interpret those visions for King Neb... and despite my previous experiences, my MIL is NOWHERE NEAR AS SCARY as King Neb.

Old 05-17-2009, 11:08 PM

4,669 posts, read 4,351,736 times
Quote:

Just so you know....not all of us are like that.

Old 05-18-2009, 06:18 AM

1,550 posts, read 3,232,892 times
Quote:

Now I have experienced those who "claim" to be prophetic and those who really are. You can tell by the way they approach you because truly prophetic people seem to approach you with caution by asking questions and also they who are veterans at it seem to have people who flock toward them because their prophecy came true and for some reason the pastors don't like them because people love prophecy and will want personal prophecy done during service. But IMHO the spritiual gifts are not limited to a few but God will use anybody to prophecy.

I had a situation that coworker was unable to get pregnant for years, even after in utero feritilization. I told everyone with confidence that she will get pregnant someday. Months later I was talking with her and before I knew it I said to her "and when you have your girls". I was so shocked at what came out of my mouth that I changed the subject and quickly walked away wondering why in the world did I say that. But a year later she had a girl and three after I moved from the area, someone called and said she had another girl! I have to admit I'm not a prophet by no means and don't want to be one either but I know God has the ability to use whomever he wants to get a message to someone but the phrase I hear people use "God told me to tell you" has never produced anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or