Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 12:06 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,538,007 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
Read the previous post about literal interpretation of certain scripture.
I did, what verse gives you the authority to say he has a carnal minded interpretation of scripture and you don't?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2009, 12:10 PM

14,747 posts, read 17,072,229 times
Quote:
we don't have to convince ourselves that God will save all mankind. It is just that God specifically tells us to "charge and teach that God is the Saviour of all mankind" and that "God will save all mankind" in 1 Timothy 2:4-6 and 4:10,11). We just want to be obedient to God.
Amen and Amen. Ride on King Jesus. God bless.

Old 05-10-2009, 12:25 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,389,237 times
Quote:
and everything you have posted shows an interpretation with the carnal mind and not of the spirit.
And everything you and your friends posts seems to be a point by point defense of your church rather than God's Word.

Quote:
Once again, you can`t refute scripture and of course you don`t try to. But let me try again. Jesus said he is the savior of ALL men,ESPECIALLY of those that believe. Do you believe that? You chose to ignore that previously. Wll you choose to ignore it again? Perhaps you will give us the church`s spin on it.
Who's ignored it. You try and broaden His Word into things it does not say. He makes it abundantly clear that He is the Sacrifice for all men's sins (excepting one) but that for Him to represent us before God the Father requires our acceptance of His Sacrifice.

It's been answered, it's been addressed, yet all you have is church talking points.

Quote:
My friend, scripture after scripture has been posted that shows, God will do what he set out to do.
All you've managed to do is to take a bit of the greater point and whittle it down to something that fits your earthly church's view.

Quote:
You just don`t believe it.
Of course I don't. It's anything but Scriptural. It's a subset of His Word that is removed from context and pimped as other than what God presents us so as to appeal to itching ears.

Quote:
You think you are in control and not God.
Now you're a mind reader? You get taught those skills as well?

The only control any being has is that bit of control that God has delegated. The only power I have comes in the gifts the Spirit bestows. Fortunate for you all, you don't need the Spirit. You just grab a few church talking points, a specific version of the Bible, and a concordance or other book and you're good to go. Talk about carnal. Your approach is anything but spiritual. It relies on propaganda handed down from one person to the next. It completely excludes the Spirit.

Quote:
As far as church talking points, now that is ironic, seeing how you just regurgitate church taught doctrine and shy away from scripture that you can`t understand. But of course darkness flees from the light.
Perhaps you can tell me what church I attend. What denomination I'm beholden to. Where I have gone to gain my knowledge of His Word. Afterall, you've made it obvious that you can read minds and have me all figured out.

Old 05-10-2009, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
I did, what verse gives you the authority to say he has a carnal minded interpretation of scripture and you don't?
There is no carnal interpretation thus the continued non-answers.

Old 05-10-2009, 12:26 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,490,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
how about literal lake of fire..literal beast....literal baptizing with fire etc. Hello, do you actually read post?

Old 05-10-2009, 12:41 PM

Quote:
how about literal lake of fire..literal beast....literal baptizing with fire etc. Hello, do you actually read post?
How about addressing John 3:16-18 and all the other Scripture?

Old 05-10-2009, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Who's ignored it. You try and broaden His Word into things it does not say. He makes it abundantly clear that He is the Sacrifice for all men's sins (excepting one) but that for Him to represent us before God the Father requires our acceptance of His Sacrifice.
Hi, it was God's good pleasure to reconcile all to Himself having made peace through the blood of His cross. All will believe and accept this due to the work of God. He works all things according to the counsel of His own will. God bless.

Old 05-10-2009, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Hi, it was God's good pleasure to reconcile all to Himself having made peace through the blood of His cross. All will believe and accept this due to the work of God. He works all things according to the counsel of His own will. God bless.
That's a nice philosophy but it's simply not scriptural.

Old 05-10-2009, 12:51 PM

Quote:

Quote:
That's a nice philosophy but it's simply not scriptural.
It's scriptural, Omahabound, please see Colossians 1:15-20 and Ephesians 1, Romans 8:18-21. Love never fails. God never fails. He is able to and will subdue all things to Himself, even all hearts. Take care and God bless.

Psalms 22:
27. All the ends of the earth will remember and turn to the LORD,
And all the families of the nations will worship before You.
28. For the kingdom is the LORD'S
And He rules over the nations.
29. All the prosperous of the earth will eat and worship,
All those who go down to the dust will bow before Him,
Even he who cannot keep his soul alive

Psalms 66
4. "All the earth will worship You,
And will sing praises to You;
They will sing praises to Your name." Selah

Psalms 68:18
You have ascended on high, You have led captive Your captives;
You have received gifts among men,
Even among the rebellious also, that the LORD God may dwell there

Isaiah 25:6-8
The LORD of hosts will prepare a lavish banquet for all peoples on this mountain;
A banquet of aged wine, choice pieces with marrow,
And refined, aged wine.
7. And on this mountain He will swallow up the covering which is over all peoples,
Even the veil which is stretched over all nations.
8. He will swallow up death for all time,
And the Lord GOD will wipe tears away from all faces,
And He will remove the reproach of His people from all the earth;
For the LORD has spoken.

Isaiah 45:22-25
"Turn to Me and be saved, all the ends of the earth;
For I am God, and there is no other.
23. "I have sworn by Myself,
The word has gone forth from My mouth in righteousness
And will not turn back,
That to Me every knee will bow, every tongue will swear allegiance.
24. "They will say of Me, `Only in the LORD are righteousness and strength.'
Men will come to Him,
And all who were angry at Him will be put to shame.
25. "In the LORD all the offspring of Israel
Will be justified and will glory."

Zephaniah 3
8 "Therefore wait for Me," declares the LORD,
"For the day when I rise up as a witness.
Indeed, My decision is to gather nations,
To assemble kingdoms,
To pour out on them My indignation,
All My burning anger;
For all the earth will be devoured
By the fire of My zeal.
9. "For then I will give to the peoples purified lips,
That all of them may call on the name of the LORD,
To serve Him shoulder to shoulder

John 1:1-9
1. In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.2. He was in the beginning with God.3. All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being.4. In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men.5. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.6. There came a man sent from God, whose name was John.7. He came as a witness, to testify about the Light, so that all might believe through him.8. He was not the Light, but he came to testify about the Light.9. There was the true Light which, coming into the world, enlightens every man.

John 12:27-32
27. "Now My soul has become troubled; and what shall I say, `Father, save Me from this hour'? But for this purpose I came to this hour.28. "Father, glorify Your name." Then a voice came out of heaven: "I have both glorified it, and will glorify it again."29. So the crowd of people who stood by and heard it were saying that it had thundered; others were saying, "An angel has spoken to Him."30. Jesus answered and said, "This voice has not come for My sake, but for your sakes.31. "Now judgment is upon this world; now the ruler of this world will be cast out.32. "And I, if I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all men to Myself."

Romans 8:18-22
18. For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us.19. For the anxious longing of the creation waits eagerly for the revealing of the sons of God.20. For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it, in hope21. that the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God.22. For we know that the whole creation groans and suffers the pains of childbirth together until now.

1 Corinthians 15:16-28
16. For if the dead are not raised, not even Christ has been raised;17. and if Christ has not been raised, your faith is worthless; you are still in your sins.18. Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ have perished.19. If we have hoped in Christ in this life only, we are of all men most to be pitied.20. But now Christ has been raised from the dead, the first fruits of those who are asleep.21. For since by a man came death, by a man also came the resurrection of the dead.22. For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ all will be made alive.23. But each in his own order: Christ the first fruits, after that those who are Christ's at His coming,24. then comes the end, when He hands over the kingdom to the God and Father, when He has abolished all rule and all authority and power.25. For He must reign until He has put all His enemies under His feet.26. The last enemy that will be abolished is death.27. For He has put all things in subjection under His feet. But when He says, "All things are put in subjection," it is evident that He is excepted who put all things in subjection to Him.28. When all things are subjected to Him, then the Son Himself also will be subjected to the One who subjected all things to Him, so that God may be all in all.

Colossians 1:15-20
15. He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation.16. For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities--all things have been created through Him and for Him.17. He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.18. He is also head of the body, the church; and He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, so that He Himself will come to have first place in everything.19. For it was the Father's good pleasure for all the fullness to dwell in Him,20. and through Him to reconcile all things to Himself, having made peace through the blood of His cross; through Him, I say, whether things on earth or things in heaven.

Ephesians 1: 5-10
"He predestined us to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the kind intention of His will, to the praise of the glory of His grace which He freely bestowed on us in the Beloved. In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of His grace, which He lavished upon us. In all wisdom and insight He made known to us the mystery of His will, according to His kind intention which He purposed in Him with a view to an administration suitable to the fulness of the times, that is the *summing up of all things in Christ, things in the heavens, and things upon the earth."

* Anakephalaioomai=in mid voice, to gather together again in one, to reunite under one head as in Eph.1 (Hebrew/Greek Key Word Study)

God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 05-10-2009 at 12:59 PM..

Old 05-10-2009, 12:56 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,538,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
How can I believe in a different Jesus if the Jesus I believe in is the Jesus that died for the sins of all mankind, was entombed and raised from the dead?

Now, it could be possible that is not your Jesus nor my brother's Jesus. Your Jesus is an utter failure who came to seek and to save to the uttermost but failed and gave up on billions and billions of human beings. Some Jesus you have. What a pathetic weakling He is and the death your Jesus died saves no one.
Ahhhhh....there you go Eusebius, this explains everything. You definitely are guilty of idolatry. You have created a God in your mind that you love and are comfortable with. You are walking on dangerous ground by making such statements because you may be wrong just like I wouldn't make such statements about your Jesus because I could be wrong. God doesn't do it for us and our glory. First and foremost He does it for His glory, if His glory determines that billions go to hell? then glory be to God. IT'S ABOUT HIS GLORY, He does things for His glory not rational thinking.

Even if you don't agree nor understand, who are you as the creation to second guess even judge the Creator. Where is the logic that somehow you the creation know better than the Creator on what He came to do or what He should be doing when it was the Creator who gave you the ability in the first place. That statement you made not us determines you are playing god.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity