U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 04:11 PM

224 posts, read 370,977 times

Advertisements

How many of you are going through a long wilderness experience right now? The past few years have been the biggest test of my entire life and the worst years in the natural in many ways.

Has God lead you here and there to and fro as he has me for the past 3 years?

God has been teaching me how to live day to day in a lot of cases, learning how to walk by faith for my needs. I have not worked in almost 3 years, I depend on God to supply my needs, and where he tells me to live at the time, etc.

I do not expect everybody to be able to relate to this.
I have met only a few people so far that God has in a way pulled out of the systems, and 'normalcy' as we use to know it.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2009, 04:29 PM

2,984 posts, read 2,865,304 times
Is it not strange the long seasons that can elapse on the back-side of the desert? Year by year falls into the great abyss, and at the juncture where we can no longer speak, and the great struggle to do the will of God vanishes into weakness and death, the Bush appears pulsating with Deity. It is there at the asamuth of death and weakness the Living One speaks.

"Take off your shoes from off your feet!"

Holy ground! The place where dust and Divinity meet! It is there in absolute weakness and inability, the Lord manifests Himself as the God that raises the dead. The road into the Tree of Life is by way of the flaming words swirling in every direction. Those who reach for the Tree will suffer the loss of the hand, the fingers, the grasp of all they are! And as the process of the swirling swords of Fire rage upon these ones, great loss is inflicted, for nothing, no one, comes to the other side the same as it enters...Nothing! nothing! nothing!

The great stages of the Living One's glory must be by degrees of glory. We are changed from one degree of glory to another and another and another! It requires a thought process in the mind of the caterpillar that ultimately leads to the building of a cocoon from which caterpillars become flying objects of grandeur. Yes, caterpillars become butterflies, and dust moves from one road of life into the Divine One, described as "the Living", the "I AM", not the I was, the "I AM."

It is this Heavenly Road that has grasped us, the Heavenly One, the Source leading to the Road, the sustaining Guide of the Road, and the Goal of the Road. All things lead to Him, through Him and for Him! And by Him all things consist. It has taken me over 60 years to go a journey that could have been accomplished in 11 days, but dust and Divinity must meet, the goal is not all the story, the path is of equal value in the I AM! Each of us are on different stages of our Father's drawing hand, some so wrapped up in themselves they cannot see the bush that is aflame and is not devoured. It is just a common bush for many, but

"Earth's crammed with heaven, and every common bush afire with God; and only he who sees takes off his shoes."

Old 05-14-2009, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdy_56 View Post
Is it not strange the long seasons that can elapse on the back-side of the desert? Year by year falls into the great abyss, and at the juncture where we can no longer speak, and the great struggle to do the will of God vanishes into weakness and death, the Bush appears pulsating with Deity. It is there at the asamuth of death and weakness the Living One speaks.

"Take off your shoes from off your feet!"

Holy ground! The place where dust and Divinity meet! It is there in absolute weakness and inability, the Lord manifests Himself as the God that raises the dead. The road into the Tree of Life is by way of the flaming words swirling in every direction. Those who reach for the Tree will suffer the loss of the hand, the fingers, the grasp of all they are! And as the process of the swirling swords of Fire rage upon these ones, great loss is inflicted, for nothing, no one, comes to the other side the same as it enters...Nothing! nothing! nothing!

The great stages of the Living One's glory must be by degrees of glory. We are changed from one degree of glory to another and another and another! It requires a thought process in the mind of the caterpillar that ultimately leads to the building of a cocoon from which caterpillars become flying objects of grandeur. Yes, caterpillars become butterflies, and dust moves from one road of life into the Divine One, described as "the Living", the "I AM", not the I was, the "I AM."

It is this Heavenly Road that has grasped us, the Heavenly One, the Source leading to the Road, the sustaining Guide of the Road, and the Goal of the Road. All things lead to Him, through Him and for Him! And by Him all things consist. It has taken me over 60 years to go a journey that could have been accomplished in 11 days, but dust and Divinity must meet, the goal is not all the story, the path is of equal value in the I AM! Each of us are on different stages of our Father's drawing hand, some so wrapped up in themselves they cannot see the bush that is aflame and is not devoured. It is just a common bush for many, but

"Earth's crammed with heaven, and every common bush afire with God; and only he who sees takes off his shoes."
Thank you...That really fed my inner man today.......Just what I needed......

Old 05-14-2009, 05:15 PM

4,309 posts, read 5,814,814 times
We He leads me I will follow, I'll go with Him, with Him, all the way........
YouTube - Freddie Hart-Where He Leads Me

Be patient, endure, won't be long now! Do you not see the finish line ahead! Bless you.

Love, Betsey

Old 05-14-2009, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
We He leads me I will follow, I'll go with Him, with Him, all the way........
YouTube - Freddie Hart-Where He Leads Me

Be patient, endure, won't be long now! Do you not see the finish line ahead! Bless you.

Love, Betsey
..and thank you sis...Some days I see it, some days I don't..But, I truly can't complain..I have found him to be ALL....He has never forsaken me I must say,..never..

Old 05-14-2009, 05:35 PM

1,289 posts, read 1,971,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPOKENFOR View Post
How many of you are going through a long wilderness experience right now? The past few years have been the biggest test of my entire life and the worst years in the natural in many ways.

Has God lead you here and there to and fro as he has me for the past 3 years?

God has been teaching me how to live day to day in a lot of cases, learning how to walk by faith for my needs. I have not worked in almost 3 years, I depend on God to supply my needs, and where he tells me to live at the time, etc.

I do not expect everybody to be able to relate to this.
I have met only a few people so far that God has in a way pulled out of the systems, and 'normalcy' as we use to know it.
I have been there for quite awhile...it has been more intense the last almost a year. It's quite a walk. I find myself desperately seeking the end, yet in many ways, I don't want it to.

Old 05-14-2009, 05:42 PM

7,615 posts, read 12,554,695 times
I just want to chime in - the desert experience is the most precious - and painful - experience in the Christian life.

I spent my longest (to date) desert experience in my 20s (15 some years ago) where I learned so much of His character. It went on for 7-8 years. His faithfulness was and is the most awesome thing in the universe to me. I know He fed me intravenously - that's the only way I can describe it. You learn that God doesn't have to like you to love you; what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, yes - but what kills you makes Him stronger within you.

Desert (n) [dez-ert] Where friends of God are made.

Old 05-14-2009, 05:46 PM

1,289 posts, read 1,971,792 times
There are things about me that I want Him to kill...maim...destroy... I question why He doesn't. In the meantime, I feel the fire in other ways. It really isn't about what we perceive.

7 to 8 years. Oh, my.

Old 05-14-2009, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StirringWaters View Post
There are things about me that I want Him to kill...maim...destroy... I question why He doesn't. In the meantime, I feel the fire in other ways. It really isn't about what we perceive.

7 to 8 years. Oh, my.
I totally feel you..It really seemed to kick off back in 2004..and the last two years have been the most trying really.

He has been killing me softly. I see things that are dead.....I see things I wish were dead too..I ask, 'when Lord, when'...He does things in his own time and forces us to deal with what he has not destroyed yet...Sometimes I think certain things are dead, and are not. Sometimes he surprises me with something I have asked for, when I least expect..Sometimes I am struggling so hard for air...I have come to learn when he is ALL you got, he is ALL you need..........

One thing he had to do was to deliver me from 'people' and the concerns about what man thinks of me and from a lot of "SELF"......whew.....oh my is right....

Old 05-14-2009, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StirringWaters View Post
I have been there for quite awhile...it has been more intense the last almost a year. It's quite a walk. I find myself desperately seeking the end, yet in many ways, I don't want it to.
Yeah, on one hand I wonder 'when' on another hand I don't know if I can go back to the 'normalcy' I once knew.....or what was normal way to live anyway in my mind..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity