Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 07:36 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,769,319 times

Advertisements

I think the question should better be stated "Is catholicism TRUE Christianity?" ... To which i would reply with a vehement NO! I know many catholics whom i believe to be true Christians in their hearts, most of which unfortunately practice pagan ritual as Catholicism is a pagan Christian hybrid religion.

I believe with all my heart the Roman Catholic Church is the mystery Babylon, the great harlot ...

Here we go ... In the immortal words of the human torch ... "FLAME ON" !

Old 05-20-2009, 07:37 PM

1,242 posts, read 2,461,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omahabound View Post
It's funny that when you show Catholics something in the Bible they quickly tell you they're not Sola Scriptura. It seems picking and choosing is the way to go.

There is no scriptural evidence supporting sola scriptura.

Old 05-20-2009, 07:38 PM

1,242 posts, read 2,461,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
I think the question should better be stated "Is catholicism TRUE Christianity?" ... To which i would reply with a vehement NO! I know many catholics whom i believe to be true Christians in their hearts, most of which unfortunately practice pagan ritual as Catholicism is a pagan Christian hybrid religion.

I believe with all my heart the Roman Catholic Church is the mystery Babylon, the great harlot ...

Here we go ... In the immortal words of the human torch ... "FLAME ON" !
You know very little of Church history then. I suggest you educate yourself.

Old 05-20-2009, 07:38 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,924,900 times
Yes they are IMO and I am not catholic.

Old 05-20-2009, 08:10 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,392,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
here we go again.... another way to create an anti Catholic/Catholic bashing thread.... waiting for the other shoe to drop...... ugh.....
Really? Looks like it's a perfect opportunity for Catholics to tell everyone how much greater than everyone else...

"Catholics are truer Christians then all. The rest are of course Christian and we believe you guys can be saved and go to heaven, but you just do not receive the fullness in Christ because you do not receive the Eucharist or have the fullness of the Laws of the Church Christ created.

Then you have Mormons and LSD who we don't even consider Christian at all because of their beliefs concerning Jesus."

Old 05-20-2009, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronK View Post
There is no scriptural evidence supporting sola scriptura.
Correct, we should also follow the words and actions of early church fathers like Origen. So which Catholic is going to castrate themselves first? Perhaps we can use our foreskins as holy relics (Holy Prepuce), my bad that's only Jesus' Foreskin.

Sola Scriptura? Perhaps, perhaps not.

2 Timothy 3 (New International Version)

2 Timothy 3

16All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

Old 05-20-2009, 08:17 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,876,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omahabound View Post
Really? Looks like it's a perfect opportunity for Catholics to tell everyone how much greater than everyone else...

"Catholics are truer Christians then all. The rest are of course Christian and we believe you guys can be saved and go to heaven, but you just do not receive the fullness in Christ because you do not receive the Eucharist or have the fullness of the Laws of the Church Christ created.

Then you have Mormons and LSD who we don't even consider Christian at all because of their beliefs concerning Jesus."
I don't support any of that at all..... Mormons are Christians.... they believe in Jesus Christ.... sorry, but Arron can go ahead and find some concrete evidence there to back that one up for me as a Catholic where that one is stated..... Please don't drag me down with those kinds of statements..... I live near Palmyra NY and have grown up with many Mormon friends.... that comment hits close to home- figuratively and literally...... That comment did not come from ME....

Old 05-20-2009, 08:23 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,769,319 times
Quote:
You know very little of Church history then. I suggest you educate yourself.
I know enough of the history Roman Catholic Church to know all the atrocities it has commited in the name of Christ, and that it is the single most responsible religious institution in history for the murdering of martyrs ... i am also a student of world religion and i know well the worship of marry as the Catholic version of Isis worship (moon worship/queen of heaven) and the worship Jesus as the Catholic version of Serapis(osiris/horus/sun) worship. And that of all the religious institutions which bare resemblance to the symbolism used in regard to the Mystery Babylon, the catholic church bares by far the most resemblance ... These facts among many others is enough for me to have the understanding i do.

Old 05-20-2009, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
I don't support any of that at all..... Mormons are Christians.... they believe in Jesus Christ.... sorry, but Arron can go ahead and find some concrete evidence there to back that one up for me as a Catholic where that one is stated..... Please don't drag me down with those kinds of statements..... I live near Palmyra NY and have grown up with many Mormon friends.... that comment hits close to home- figuratively and literally...... That comment did not come from ME....
It did not come from you indeed but you were sure as hell quick to attack the OP then completely ignore the words of someone from your own faith. That was the point of my post, not to infer that it was your opinion.

Old 05-20-2009, 08:28 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,876,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
I know enough of the history Roman Catholic Church to know all the atrocities it has commited in the name of Christ, and that it is the single most responsible religious institution in history for the murdering of martyrs ... i am also a student of world religion and i know well the worship of marry as the Catholic version of Isis wroship (moon worship) and the worship of Serapis(osiris/horus/sun) worship. And of all the religious institutions which bare resemblance to the symbolism used in regard to the Mystery Babylon, the catholic church bares by far the most resemblance ... These facts among many others is enough for me to have the understanding i have.
Here we go.... the shoe is falling.... praying TO MARY.... we don't PRAY TO MARY... this is how it always starts on here... every thread about Catholics.... it starts the same way. Every non Catholic who has a beef with a Catholic or the Catholic faith comes on and says we PRAY TO MARY.... we don't... and then this is the routine... every CATHOLIC CDer comes on and fights and fights to prove we DON'T pray TO Mary.... we ask Mary to pray FOR us.... BIG difference.... but nobody wants to listen... jeepers.... is it a BOOT that fell? Did I hear something about worshiping the moon? howling to the moon? I am sorry I am confused as in the 31 years of being a CATHOLIC I have never once stood outside at night and PRAYED/WORSHIPED THE MOON!!!!!!! jeepers people!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.