Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 08:28 PM

1,091 posts, read 3,600,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Are Catholics Christians?
Of course they are.

Old 05-20-2009, 08:31 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,898,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omahabound View Post
It did not come from you indeed but you were sure as hell quick to attack the OP then completely ignore the words of someone from your own faith. That was the point of my post, not to infer that it was your opinion.
I did not attack anyone....thank you.....

adding this

In the lalst year I have only ever read CATHOLIC BASHING threads.... that is all.... I have had enough..... I was basically rolling my eyes and throwing my hands up....

Old 05-20-2009, 08:34 PM

19,008 posts, read 29,838,116 times
Bashing catholicism is ignorance.

I have no intention to delve into history now. I have done it over and over and am frankly suffering from serious redundancy.

I know where the harlot, babylon gibber comes from. Frankly, Ellen White and her band of brainwashed followers can get a "holy" chill pill and appreciate the tranquility of life

No catholicism, no christianity, no missionaries, no jesuits, no education, no science, no exploration, no trade route, no new world, no Asian ventures, no Africa, no Europe, no Christendom, also, no crusades, no sale of indulence, no inquisition (all ye anti-christians getting worked up, you can probably get un-worked up ), no Septuagint, no Vulgate, no translations, no Bible...

Anyone disagrees? Please don't try, even Google and wiki will let you down. Encyclopedia Britannica needs a subscription, but it's not gonna help either.

The great Indian poet Kalidasa, once ventured into the forests across the Gupta Empire. He found a man in the woods, perched on a tree's branch and cutting it down. Kalidasa laughed at him and pointed out his folly. I'm compelled to draw a parallel.

All the rest of you are christians today, because of Catholicism. If you can't get over it, time to go booze and have the bartender turn on Bill Maher

Old 05-20-2009, 08:39 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,370,825 times
I think you guys are going to be really surprised if you make it to heaven and learn that the only guys who got it remotely correct were the Mennonites or some other small, unheralded denomination.

Old 05-20-2009, 08:40 PM

1,242 posts, read 2,466,867 times
They choose not to understand our theology. It isn't that hard to understand, anyone with a low reading comprehension should be able to understand it. Anyone with a small desire or curiosity should be able to wrap their minds around our theology.

Anyone with a desire to read Church history will come to the conclusion that the entire kingdom of Christianity comes from one source, our religion, Catholicism. Jesus did not say in the beginning that he wanted 33,000+ different Church's to worship God. He would have wanted one united kingdom, one Church, the Universal Church that is Catholicism.

Old 05-20-2009, 08:43 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,370,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronK View Post
They choose not to understand our theology. It isn't that hard to understand, anyone with a low reading comprehension should be able to understand it. Anyone with a small desire or curiosity should be able to wrap their minds around our theology.

Anyone with a desire to read Church history will come to the conclusion that the entire kingdom of Christianity comes from one source, our religion, Catholicism. Jesus did not say in the beginning that he wanted 33,000+ different Church's to worship God. He would have wanted one united kingdom, one Church, the Universal Church that is Catholicism.
Actually, not. Catholicism really didn't reach its present form until at least the fourth century. While there was a Bishop of Rome, he was not considered the supreme head of the church for a very long time.

Old 05-20-2009, 08:46 PM

19,008 posts, read 29,838,116 times
Dante's 843rd circle of fire in the Inferno is reserved for:
Those who moot (imply) that others will go to hell.

"Teacher, is there a circle reserved for kid-threateners?"

"Is that a new term?"

"Yeah, blah, blah, blah"

"Ugh, things have changed a lot since me and Beatrice went to church"

<nod>

"I'm inserting a concentric circle, right now, do you have a compass?"

"No, I have a divider "

"What is that for?"

"Place it in the bench before the kids "

"A circle for bum-pokers?"

"No, thanks, you may go Beatrice now "

Old 05-20-2009, 08:48 PM

1,242 posts, read 2,466,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Actually, not. Catholicism really didn't reach its present form until at least the fourth century. While there was a Bishop of Rome, he was not considered the supreme head of the church for a very long time.

Jesus did establish a hierarchy our church is based upon a puyuramid syustem s for example. U got head leadersrs in the fornt who i dspope then u got bishoips and priests who make up second and thierd tiers hrten lay peopkle who is us normal people who malk eup bottom.

it been this way since 400 and before.

Old 05-20-2009, 08:59 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,793,723 times
I'm not going to harp on this topic, there is no point. I will say that the protestant denominations are not much better. Even as i believe that the RCC is the mystery Babylon, the mother of all harlots, i believe that the many various protestant denominations(as well as Islam) are the "harlots" who's mother is the catholic church. Jesus didn't bring a new religion, he came to free us from slavery to religion(traditions of men). The gospel is not a religion, it is the spiritual truth. Sorry if i step on your toes, but this is my understanding.

Shalom

Old 05-20-2009, 09:05 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,898,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
I'm not going to harp on this topic, there is no point. I will say that the protestant denominations are not much better. Even as i believe that the RCC is the mystery Babylon, the mother of all harlots, i believe that the many various protestant denominations(as well as Islam) are the "harlots" who's mother is the catholic church. Jesus didn't bring a new religion, he came to free us from slavery to religion(traditions of men). The gospel is not a religion, it is the spiritual truth. Sorry if i step on your toes, but this is my understanding.

Shalom
I find this disgusting....

I don't believe you understand a darn thing.....

I grow so tired of this....tired of fighting this fight.... it is the same fight everytime.... how many times do we have to do this? I can cut and paste so many threads that have been closed for you.... this gets do disgusting..... people post such obnoxious things
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.