Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 08:20 AM

1,242 posts, read 2,466,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
King Saul didn't venerate Mary and pray to dead people but that is neither here nor there. You didn't answer me about what their Pope said, let them (mainly us) be anathema. How are we the same when their Pope says that?

That was in 1500.

Church's views change since then. Father Corapi on his radio broadcast even talks of how because protestants are baptized in the name of Jesus that they are Christians. Again, stop playing dumb.

Old 05-21-2009, 08:23 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,610,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronK View Post
That was in 1500.

Church's views change since then. Father Corapi on his radio broadcast even talks of how because protestants are baptized in the name of Jesus that they are Christians. Again, stop playing dumb.
Changed? I have Catholic friends, it is still the same? but that is not the argument. and they were praying to Mary in Catholic school I went to. Did I travel in a time machine?

Your Pope said, let him be anathema. Please answer the question

Old 05-21-2009, 08:27 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,731,162 times
Quote:
King Saul didn't venerate Mary and pray to dead people but that is neither here nor there. You didn't answer me about their Pope said, let them (mainly us) be anathema?
No....King Saul didn't venerate Mary and pray to dead people, but he seeked the dead for answers!
That wasn't my point! It was that Pastors, Pope, the leadership are not God...!!
Don't you believe God knew Saul was going to turn away? And yet He still told David not to touch him!!!

I don't know what the Pope said, and truly I don't want to know!! Because he is not God!!! Hey, there are many individuals in this very forum that are saying that....Fundy! But their not my God!!
And yes, I did answer your question, it is just not the answer you wanted to hear!!!

God knows the heart of the people.....those who are truly His!!! Catholic, protestant....whom ever!

Blessings

Old 05-21-2009, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Changed? I have Catholic friends, it is still the same? but that is not the argument. and they were praying to Mary in Catholic school I went to. Did I travel in a time machine?

Your Pope said, let him be anathema. Please answer the question

We do not pray to Mary. You are just being ignorant, as usual. Regurgitating the same stupid old lines that can easily be disproved, again by using fourth grade reading comprehension. "Our" Pope, you mean the Pope in 1500? He is not my Pope, Pope Benedict is and I dare you to show me where he has stated this.

I dare you to use your brain and use the minimal force in the cerebrum neccesary to figure out that Catholics have never, nor will ever pray TO Mary. We do NOT worship Mary. Come on, accept my challenge.

Old 05-21-2009, 08:39 AM

Quote:
We do not pray to Mary. You are just being ignorant, as usual. Regurgitating the same stupid old lines that can easily be disproved, again by using fourth grade reading comprehension. "Our" Pope, you mean the Pope in 1500? He is not my Pope, Pope Benedict is and I dare you to show me where he has stated this.

I dare you to use your brain and use the minimal force in the cerebrum neccesary to figure out that Catholics have never, nor will ever pray TO Mary. We do NOT worship Mary. Come on, accept my challenge.

Show me where I said, you pray to Mary
. I didn't say you pray to Mary. I said you venerate Mary. You PRAY to Saints.

It doesn't matter if you have a new Pope. No Pope has ever refuted that statement made in the council of Trent just the same way I am a protestant because of the Protestant reformation, I follow it even though the men who created it are long dead and buried.

Old 05-21-2009, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post
No....King Saul didn't venerate Mary and pray to dead people, but he seeked the dead for answers!
That wasn't my point! It was that Pastors, Pope, the leadership are not God...!!
Don't you believe God knew Saul was going to turn away? And yet He still told David not to touch him!!!

I don't know what the Pope said, and truly I don't want to know!! Because he is not God!!! Hey, there are many individuals in this very forum that are saying that....Fundy! But their not my God!!
And yes, I did answer your question, it is just not the answer you wanted to hear!!!

God knows the heart of the people.....those who are truly His!!! Catholic, protestant....whom ever!

Blessings
Asking the dead questions and praying to it are two ENTIRELY different things

I understand that but (Jeremiah 17:9)
9"The heart is more deceitful than all else
And is desperately sick;
Who can understand it?

I will accept an answer if it is scriptural. Catholics and protestants are not the same, so how can both be called Christian?

Old 05-21-2009, 08:48 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,731,162 times
Quote:
Asking the dead questions and praying to it are two ENTIRELY different things

I understand that but (Jeremiah 17:9)
9"The heart is more deceitful than all else
And is desperately sick;
Who can understand it?

I will accept an answer if it is scriptural. Catholics and protestants are not the same, so how can both be called Christian?
Yes, they are!! And I do believe you are walking on dangerous grounds!! You don't know the heart of people!!
I'm gone, done with this conversation with you!!!

Blessings and hope you have a nice day....fundy!!!

PS ....your scripture you wanted is: John 3:16

Old 05-21-2009, 08:49 AM

Quote:

Show me where I said, you pray to Mary
. I didn't say you pray to Mary. I said you venerate Mary. You PRAY to Saints.

It doesn't matter if you have a new Pope. No Pope has ever refuted that statement made in the council of Trent just the same way I am a protestant because of the Protestant reformation, I follow it even though the men who created it are long dead and buried.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundy
I have Catholic friends, it is still the same? but that is not the argument. and they were praying to Mary in Catholic school I went to.

Again, we do not pray to Mary. We do not pray to Saints. We pray for them, we pray with them, we ask for their intercessions, but there is no praying to them or worshipping of the Saints. Mary, by the way, is a Saint. Anyone who goes to heaven is a Saint.

And again, but I'm sick of the redundancy, the official Catholic position on protestants is that they are Christians and can go to heaven. So stop playing the stupid card.

Old 05-21-2009, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post
Yes, they are!! And I do believe you are walking on dangerous grounds!! You don't know the heart of people!!
I'm gone, done with this conversation with you!!!

Blessings and hope you have a nice day....fundy!!!
It kills me how people leave when things get tough. I may be walking on dangerous ground but based on what verse?
I don't do this to toot my horn. I love and care for my Catholic brothers and sisters but I am sorry I don't believe they are truly saved. What must I do? keep my mouth shut for the sake of peace, understanding and cohesiveness?

Old 05-21-2009, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Again, we do not pray to Mary. We do not pray to Saints. We pray for them, we pray with them, we ask for their intercessions, but there is no praying to them or worshipping of the Saints. Mary, by the way, is a Saint. Anyone who goes to heaven is a Saint.

And again, but I'm sick of the redundancy, the official Catholic position on protestants is that they are Christians and can go to heaven. So stop playing the stupid card.
VENERATE, VENERATE, VENERATE.....You VENERATE Mary. You pray to Saints.

Your Pope said. let Him BE ANATHEMA. What does that mean?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.