Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 01:58 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,573,578 times

Advertisements

I have labored doing such a thread but who said the gospel was easy. First of all I love my Catholic brothers and sisters, I went to a Catholic private school in which I learned a lot and have corresponded with many in here but for the sake of the gospel and salvation the question must be posed.

In the Council of Trent, I believe it was Canon 11, it reads, "If any one saith, that men are justified, either by the sole imputation of the justice of Christ, or by the sole remission of sins, to the exclusion of the grace and the charity which is poured forth in their hearts by the Holy Ghost, and is inherent in them; or even that the grace, whereby we are justified, is only the favor of God; let him be anathema"

I believe in justification by grace alone through faith alone and not of any works. Am I cursed? and if I am then how can I be the same as Catholics?

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 05-20-2009 at 02:16 PM..

Old 05-20-2009, 02:59 PM

1,242 posts, read 2,461,406 times
Catholics are truer Christians then all. The rest are of course Christian and we believe you guys can be saved and go to heaven, but you just do not receive the fullness in Christ because you do not receive the Eucharist or have the fullness of the Laws of the Church Christ created.

Then you have Mormons and LSD who we don't even consider Christian at all because of their beliefs concerning Jesus.

Old 05-20-2009, 03:04 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,573,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronK View Post
Catholics are truer Christians then all. The rest are of course Christian and we believe you guys can be saved and go to heaven, but you just do not receive the fullness in Christ because you do not receive the Eucharist or have the fullness of the Laws of the Church Christ created.

Then you have Mormons and LSD who we don't even consider Christian at all because of their beliefs concerning Jesus.
What is a true"R" Christian and what will you receive, is it biblical? furthermore, how am I cursed?

Old 05-20-2009, 03:46 PM

1,242 posts, read 2,461,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
What is a true"R" Christian and what will you receive, is it biblical? furthermore, how am I cursed?

I never said you were cursed. The Eucharist is biblical, you just choose to ignore what we teach concerning it so I will not bother to explain again when you have read over and over and choose to play dumb.

Old 05-20-2009, 03:48 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,187,542 times
The "works" of God are to believe in Him whom God hath sent. (John 6:29)

Much is overlooked regarding the byproducts (we call them fruits) of abiding in Him. As He said, "If you love Me you'll keep my commandments". Going through the motions is one thing, having Him provide all the requirements is another.

Old 05-20-2009, 04:22 PM

865 posts, read 2,502,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
I have labored doing such a thread but who said the gospel was easy. First of all I love my Catholic brothers and sisters, I went to a Catholic private school in which I learned a lot and have corresponded with many in here but for the sake of the gospel and salvation the question must be posed.

In the Council of Trent, I believe it was Canon 11, it reads, "If any one saith, that men are justified, either by the sole imputation of the justice of Christ, or by the sole remission of sins, to the exclusion of the grace and the charity which is poured forth in their hearts by the Holy Ghost, and is inherent in them; or even that the grace, whereby we are justified, is only the favor of God; let him be anathema"
[/color]

[/color]I believe in justification by grace alone through faith alone and not of any works. Am I cursed? and if I am then how can I be the same as Catholics?
I'm not sure why you are struggling so much with this. The passage reinforces the fact that we are justified by Grace. It also, though, expects that Grace will yield noticable changes in our behavior. Haven't fundamentalists (including yourself) used the "by their fruits" line of reasoning? Haven't you stated that, while you don't judge the person, you can judge their actions based on scripture?

And yes, Catholics are very much Christian.

Old 05-20-2009, 05:29 PM

4,511 posts, read 7,523,742 times
yes, irksome ones. as irksome as constant denials of irrelevant facts.

Old 05-20-2009, 06:48 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,502,449 times
Quote:
I never said you were cursed. The Eucharist is biblical, you just choose to ignore what we teach concerning it so I will not bother to explain again when you have read over and over and choose to play dumb.
That`s fundy..

Old 05-20-2009, 07:03 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,392,047 times
Quote:
It's funny that when you show Catholics something in the Bible they quickly tell you they're not Sola Scriptura. It seems picking and choosing is the way to go.

Old 05-20-2009, 07:16 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,874,275 times
here we go again.... another way to create an anti Catholic/Catholic bashing thread.... waiting for the other shoe to drop...... ugh.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.