Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2009, 09:02 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,944,262 times

Advertisements

14:12How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

14:13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

14:14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

14:15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

14:16 They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms. (Isaiah)

Why did Isaiah call Lucifer a man? There is one other similar account involving Nimrod building the tower of Babel.

1 And the whole earth was of one language, and of one speech. 2 And it came to pass, as they journeyed from the east, that they found a plain in the land of Shinar; and they dwelt there. 3 And they said one to another, Go to, let us make brick, and burn them thoroughly. And they had brick for stone, and slime had they for mortar. 4 And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth. 5 And the Lord came down to see the city and the tower, which the children built. 6 And the Lord said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do; and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do. (Exodus Chap 11)

If Lucifer was human and not angelic, then more contemporary theology is turned on its head. Will the surprises, the errors, the disinformation, the deceptions to be found in man's meddling with scripture never cease?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2009, 01:05 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,136,399 times
Hi Thrillobyte,

Read this and you will see "Lucifer" is nothing more than a bad translation turned into a proper name:

The Lucifer Hoax

The entire passage of Isaiah 14 is addressed to the King of Babylon (see verse 4), not some mythical "Lucifer".

Satan was never "Lucifer".

Old 07-17-2009, 02:27 PM

Thank you, Lego. Fascinating reading. So Lucifer is actually translated "howl" Who would have thunk! I'd like to see a whole new thread on whether or not the most powerful men on earth, like the Bilderberg Group, the Freemasons, etc. actually fall down before a statue of satan and worship it, or if they're just greedy, corrupt individuals who have only money and power on their minds and are atheists.

Old 07-17-2009, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Thank you, Lego. Fascinating reading. So Lucifer is actually translated "howl" Who would have thunk! I'd like to see a whole new thread on whether or not the most powerful men on earth, like the Bilderberg Group, the Freemasons, etc. actually fall down before a statue of satan and worship it, or if they're just greedy, corrupt individuals who have only money and power on their minds and are atheists.
I have no doubt many NWO types think they are worshipping Lucifer the "Light bringer" (sounds like a great guy right? ) or think they are worshipping a giant owl named Molech (You have probably heard of the Bohemian Club), or whatever, or think it is all great fun and a way to make some corporate connections.

Suffice it to say they are all quite deceived.

Anyway if you found that article interesting, I recommend reading the rest of the series. Its part of the lake of fire series at bible-truths.com

Here is another article from it that talks about Tophet/Molech pagan Gods - part of the article talks about how they are still being worshipped today (at the Bohemian Club).

TOPHET AND MOLECH IN HINNOM

Also see:
THE ORIGIN OF ENDLESS PUNISHMENT
The Christian Hell is a Christian HOAX

and the other twenty-something articles. Lots of good info there.

Old 07-17-2009, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Anyway if you found that article interesting, I recommend reading the rest of the series. Its part of the lake of fire series at bible-truths.com
Yeah, I tried on your other recommendation. The detail is overwhelming. These articles put together would form a good-size book. I'm taking them bit by bit but but it seems each sentence reveals something so new that it needs to be analyzed and digested one paragraph at a time.

Old 07-17-2009, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I tried on your other recommendation. The detail is overwhelming. These articles put together would form a good-size book. I'm taking them bit by bit but but it seems each sentence reveals something so new that it needs to be analyzed and digested one paragraph at a time.
Yes, there is alot of meat there... takes a while to digest! It probably took me about 6 months to actually read through it all and grasp a basic understanding, comparing with scripture in the bible. Then I went back though it all a second (& third) time.

Old 07-17-2009, 08:50 PM

11,902 posts, read 3,715,839 times
Quote:
Yes - it does take a long time - as legoman has said, always, always, check everything against what scripture actually says, not what we have been taught scripture should say

one exampl is-> "God is the saviour of all men, especially those that believe" is changed to "God is the potential saviour of all, only those that believe"

To be someones saviour you have to actually save them.

Old 07-18-2009, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
Yes - it does take a long time - as legoman has said, always, always, check everything against what scripture actually says, not what we have been taught scripture should say

one exampl is-> "God is the saviour of all men, especially those that believe" is changed to "God is the potential saviour of all, only those that believe"

To be someones saviour you have to actually save them.
Yes, this is how the verse, at times "reads" to me: [paraphrase] Jesus' sacrifice has the sufficiency to redeem all men.

Old 07-18-2009, 09:05 AM

1,821 posts, read 2,336,969 times
lucifer means something leike morning star and is no fallen angel or devil, in the Latin bible it occurs in several instance, in one even reffering to Jesus

2 Peter 1:19

et habemus firmiorem propheticum sermonem cui bene facitis adtendentes quasi lucernae lucenti in caliginoso loco donec dies inlucescat et lucifer oriatur in cordibus vestris

We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star [Latin: lucifer] arise in your hearts:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity