U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 10:42 AM

1,876 posts, read 2,240,567 times

Advertisements

Christ died for our sins according to scripture
1 cor 15:

1Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
2By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

3For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 4And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Who did paul mean when he penned these words, that christ died for our sins, according to the scriptures ? Well the best way to find out is to look at the scriptures, the OT scriptures.

Lets look at isa 53 as this scripture references whom sins christ would die for vs 8

8He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.

Not everyone in the world, for not all were Gods people..so the prophet couldnt have meant all the world..in fact some people were considered not even a people:

hosea 1:

Then said God, Call his name Loammi: for ye are not my people, and I will not be your God.

people were in the world without God and hope eph 2:

12That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

This primarly consisted of gentiles who were not in a covenant relationship with God..which is necessary to be Gods people..

Now, if you recall, phillip was used of God to preach christ from that scripture, isa 53..we have this referenced right here acts 8:

30And Philip ran thither to him, and heard him read the prophet Esaias, and said, Understandest thou what thou readest?

31And he said, How can I, except some man should guide me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him.

32The place of the scripture which he read was this, He was led as a sheep to the slaughter; and like a lamb dumb before his shearer, so opened he not his mouth:

33In his humiliation his judgment was taken away: and who shall declare his generation? for his life is taken from the earth.

34And the eunuch answered Philip, and said, I pray thee, of whom speaketh the prophet this? of himself, or of some other man? 35Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus.

So its a fact that isa 53 was OT scripture was utilized and referenced christ dying for sins..Now i am sure philip illuminated vs 8 of Isa 53, for it appears he began at vs 7 now, i cannot imagine philip in expounding vs 8, would have applied it to all mankind.

However by what is said in isa 52 15 [which is the previous context of isa 53 7-8] philip had a little understanding of the death of christ to include gentiles too, The Mystery, because it reads, that the servant of God

[Jesus christ] shall sprinkle [the blood of sprinkling applied by the Holy Ghost [1 pet 1:2] that he should sprinkle many nations, that is, not for this nation only, but the scattered children of God all over [jn 11 :51-52]

For this would be quite appropiate in light of the fact that the one philip was witnessing to was non jew..for he was ethiopian..but yet philip using the scripture here, preached unto him christ..

This verse isa 53 8 stating for the transgressions of my people was he stricken, is also remarkable, and would have been appropiate for pauls usage to the corinths..because it was to them paul was evangelizing when God encouraged him in the preaching of the gospel, with these words acts 18:

8And Crispus, the chief ruler of the synagogue, believed on the Lord with all his house; and many of the Corinthians hearing believed, and were baptized.

9Then spake the Lord to Paul in the night by a vision, Be not afraid, but speak, and hold not thy peace:
10For I am with thee, and no man shall set on thee to hurt thee: for I have much people in this city.

Surely therefore, paul knew of the scripture isa 53 8..how that christ was stricken for the transgressions of MY People, its no doubt in my mind, that when paul preached in 1 cor 15 3 that christ died for our sins, according to the scripture, it was limited to Gods people by election..his bride or church..This is the Truth that paul recieved 1 cor 15:

3For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

How did paul recieve it ? By revelation as is stated here gal 1:

11But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.

12For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

You think this revealation was that Jesus christ died for all the sins of mankind ? No it was not, it was the revealation of the mystery that christ died for His body, His church., his bride..eph 5:

32This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

That christ loved the church and gave himself for it

25Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

So, truth be told, when paul spake, christ died for our sins according to scripture, it was limited to to Gods people, The church..

So those preaching that Jesus christ died for all of humanity, other than the church..they are preaching a false gospel, and may be accursed..gal 1:

8But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

9As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

Old 06-21-2009, 10:59 AM

5,439 posts, read 5,497,155 times
There is enough love and forgiveness in Jesus' shed blood for the whole world, but most will not receive it.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2009, 11:09 AM

36,875 posts, read 25,271,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
There is enough love and forgiveness in Jesus' shed blood for the whole world, but most will not receive it.
If that is true there is more power in mans unbelief then there is in the shed blood of Jesus.

Old 06-21-2009, 12:02 PM

1,876 posts, read 2,240,567 times
Quote:
Gods love is only for His church, the elect, not for the devil and his children..

And the elect recieve it, for they have no choice..for its bestowed upon them..

1 jn 3:

Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed [Not offered]upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.

Old 06-21-2009, 12:11 PM

So He came to His own and His own received Him not . Yes Jesus said they were of their Father the devil but so was you and so was i before we believed , even though like the prodigal we were always sons.

John 8

37[Yes] I know that you are Abraham's offspring; yet you plan to kill Me, because My word has no entrance (makes no progress, does not find any place) in you

Acts 17

24"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. 25And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else. 26From one man he made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live. 27God did this so that men would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from each one of us. 28'For in him we live and move and have our being.' As some of your own poets have said, 'We are his offspring.'

Last edited by pcamps; 06-21-2009 at 12:25 PM..

Old 06-21-2009, 12:21 PM

5,439 posts, read 5,497,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
Gods love is only for His church, the elect, not for the devil and his children..

And the elect recieve it, for they have no choice..for its bestowed upon them..

1 jn 3:

Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed [Not offered]upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.
Anyone is welcomed who will receive it.

(Revelation 22:17) And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

Old 06-21-2009, 12:32 PM

1,711 posts, read 1,772,330 times
Quote:
Anyone is welcomed who will receive it.

(Revelation 22:17) And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

Old 06-21-2009, 02:33 PM

58,584 posts, read 34,538,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
Only Satan or his spawn would ever suggest that God's love is limited . . . or that God is limited in ANY way. Exclusivists and self-proclaimed "elect" . . . BEWARE. Know not what manner of spirit ye are?

Old 06-21-2009, 02:51 PM

3,978 posts, read 8,178,300 times
I am so tired of reading all this about Christ shedding His blood for all...therefore all will be saved. All will be saved only if they accept what Christ has done for them. It is similar to being given a million dollar check, but refusing to cash and spend it..... It will do you no earthly good. Even if you cashed the check, but stuck it in a hole and never used it, it would be usless to you. The same is true of Christ's gift. You have to accept it, on His terms, and put it to good use.

Old 06-21-2009, 02:56 PM

Well which as more power the blood of Jesus or the unbelief of man ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity