Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 06:52 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,372,646 times

Advertisements

So how did He hand pick the elect ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2009, 06:55 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,588,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
So how did He hand pick the elect ?
I will answer that if you can answer me this:

Why did God pick Noah?
Why did God pick Abraham?
Why did God pick Moses?
Why did God pick Esther?
Why did God pick Mary?
Why did God pick Sampson?
Why did God pick David?
Why did God pick Job?
Why did God pick the apostles?
Why did God pick Paul?
Why did God pick the Jews?

Old 07-07-2009, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
I will answer that if you can answer me this:

Why did God pick Noah?
Why did God pick Abraham?
Why did God pick Moses?
Why did God pick Esther?
Why did God pick Mary?
Why did God pick Sampson?
Why did God pick David?
Why did God pick Job?
Why did God pick the apostles?
Why did God pick Paul?
Why did he pick the gentiles ?

Old 07-07-2009, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Why did he pick the gentiles ?
The list goes on Pcamp....All through the bible God has His chosen and not for anything they did because none of us are good but for the mere fact that they are the chosen for one reason, God chose them <PERIOD> and ultimately these individuals,groups, system or whatnot gives God the glory. God does everything for His glory.

Old 07-07-2009, 07:04 AM

So He's a repecter of persons then? . He either is or He isn't .

Old 07-07-2009, 07:05 AM

1,711 posts, read 1,906,226 times
Admittedly reading between the lines a little...

Quote:
Why did God pick Paul?
One could make the argument that it was because he was the "chief sinner" to show the depth of God's longsuffering & mercy.
  • 1 Timothy 1:15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief. 16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.
Quote:
One could make the argument that it was because they were the "fewest of all people".
  • Deuteronomy 7:7 The LORD did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people.

Old 07-07-2009, 07:07 AM

Quote:
So He's a repecter of persons then? . He either is or He isn't .
Pcamp have you been reading? this is not for us, it is for Him and Him only. He chose, it's all about Him and His glory. If choosing didn't give Him the glory then He wouldn't choose anyone.

Old 07-07-2009, 07:09 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,774,041 times
Another casual peek into the pcamps Bible

The Book of Fudges (Judges are not too sweet )

And thus it came to pass, the Phillistines arranged for a great carnival for their God Dagon to mark their victory over Samson and Israel.

And they exulted, "Our God has delivered into our power our enemy Samson".

One of them said, "Call Samson that he may see this and amuse us"

So, they fetched Samson from the prison, in chains and red fudge all over his body, owing to some love treatment in the prison camps.

When the people saw Samson in chains, they raised a collective cry of joy and sang praises to their God.

They stationed Samson in between the columns and began their rituals to Dagon.

"This is cool", said Samson, "I have seen the light in the prison, I don't judge you anymore, I'll make this up for you guys"

And thus he used all his strength and pulled the columns so the roofs might collapse. And collapse they did, and brought down a heavy dump of fudge, cookies, chocos and phillistine candy hidden all over which rained on the masses. And they ate and made merry.

The high impact of the columns also killed Samson and he died saying, "Serves you right, my self-righteous bum"

The Fudge of the Lord.
Sweets be to God

Old 07-07-2009, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Pcamp have you been reading? this is not for us, it is for Him and Him only. He chose, it's all about Him and His glory. If choosing didn't give Him the glory then He wouldn't choose anyone.
How can it give Him glory if He is a respecter of persons ?

Old 07-07-2009, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thy Kingdom Come View Post
Admittedly reading between the lines a little...

One could make the argument that it was because he was the "chief sinner" to show the depth of God's longsuffering & mercy.
  • 1 Timothy 1:15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief. 16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.

One could make the argument that it was because they were the "fewest of all people".
  • Deuteronomy 7:7 The LORD did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people.

I totally agree Thy Kingdom Come!
When Jesus first came He told the Pharisees He came to save the sick, the broken, the downtrodden. What gives God the glory in salvation? is it not to save the worst of the worst like Paul therefore showing the glory of God?
So in actuality Christians/ elect are the worst of the worst because we give God the greatest glory.

Christians are THE WORST mankind has to offer!? WOW!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity