Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 07:14 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,574,644 times

Advertisements

http://www.time.com/time/nation/arti...0.html?cnn=yes

"For the past five months, White House aides and friends of the Obamas have been quietly visiting local churches and vetting the sermons of prospective first ministers in a search for a new — and uncontroversial — church home. Obama has even sampled a few himself, attending services at 19th Street Baptist on the weekend before his inauguration and celebrating Easter at St. John's Episcopal Church."

Yes that's right church is for us. We don't need to know if it is a sound doctrine church just make sure it isn't "controversial doctrine"
Hmmmmm...what verse is that?....WOW!!! All of the verses the world does not like!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2009, 07:17 AM

3,553 posts, read 5,157,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
The Obamas Find a Church Home — Away from Home - TIME

"For the past five months, White House aides and friends of the Obamas have been quietly visiting local churches and vetting the sermons of prospective first ministers in a search for a new — and uncontroversial — church home. Obama has even sampled a few himself, attending services at 19th Street Baptist on the weekend before his inauguration and celebrating Easter at St. John's Episcopal Church."

Yes that's right church is for us. We don't need to know if it is a sound doctrine church just make sure it isn't "controversial doctrine"
Hmmmmm...what verse is that?....WOW!!! All of the verses the world does not like!
Well, he can always go find a UR church, so that when the war of all wars happens, he can just say he is sending them home, as they are saved already.

Old 06-29-2009, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Well, he can always go find a UR church, so that when the war of all wars happens, he can just say he is sending them home, as they are saved already.
Actually great minds think alike

"Now, in an unexpected move, Obama has told White House aides that instead of joining a congregation in Washington, D.C., he will follow in George W. Bush's footsteps and make his primary place of worship Evergreen Chapel, the nondenominational church at Camp David."

Old 06-29-2009, 07:23 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,739,584 times
They can all become Buddhist. It's got such uncontroversial doctrine even a hippocampus won't complain as it shags a jelly fish.

Old 06-29-2009, 08:55 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,523,795 times
Personally I believe it is the Presidents business where he worships..Not ours to make fun of any choice he makes..Where he spends his time in fellowship with Him on Sunday mornings has very little to do with how he works for us as our president..

The name of the congregation one chooses to attend on Sunday mornings means very little to God..IMO He has members of His church everywhere, in all worship buildings, in all of man's religions..His church is not confined to buildings man has built..

Old 06-29-2009, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
Personally I believe it is the Presidents business where he worships..Not ours to make fun of any choice he makes..Where he spends his time in fellowship with Him on Sunday mornings has very little to do with how he works for us as our president..

The name of the congregation one chooses to attend on Sunday mornings means very little to God..IMO He has members of His church everywhere, in all worship buildings, in all of man's religions..His church is not confined to buildings man has built..
I would agree with you if that's what we were talking about.

Old 06-29-2009, 09:06 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,523,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
I would agree with you if that's what we were talking about.
And once again I apologize for being off topic, for "butting in" or for whatever other reason, and should not have opened this forum door Blessings to all...

Old 06-29-2009, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
And once again I apologize for being off topic, for "butting in" or for whatever other reason, and should not have opened this forum door Blessings to all...
In the tavern of the Scribes and the Pharisees, Miss Blue is a noble Sadducee

Old 06-29-2009, 10:39 AM

356 posts, read 1,129,683 times
Miss Blue, were there more like you .........

Old 06-29-2009, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTbound View Post
Miss Blue, were there more like you .........
You do realize that everything the Early Fathers of Christianity stood for has become "CONTROVERSIAL" in the world of today, right?

I vote for the Bible as an outdated book be torn into pieces and the controversial pages flung into the fire. While you folks are at it, please spare my only copy

I'll have to dig a burrow and bury it lest it offends anyone. I hope the sands and the bacteria don't find it offensive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity