Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2022, 01:53 PM

1,866 posts, read 933,037 times

Advertisements

Christians will inherit God's promises to Abraham, according to the new testament, e.g. to become fruitful, become numerous as the stars, to spread across the globe, to create great nations, become kings, etc.

We've already seen that happen. Promise fulfilled!

But I was curious to who Abraham's actual genetic descendants are -- are they modern day Jews?
I happened to stumble across an old sermon on youtube by a Pastor Peter J. Peters who suggests that Jews may not be the actual descendants of Abraham, e.g. Israelites, but he suggests that many Israelites ended up in Europe after the Northern kingdom of Israel was destroyed by the Assyrians.

His sermon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKjEzIa0dQo

I do apologize, his sermon is one hour long.

I was curious if any historians, archaeologists, theologians agree with this pastor's suggestions?
Did the Israelites just die out, or become mixed in with the Assyrian people, or did many of them escape into Europe?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2022, 05:04 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,011,211 times
It is clear that no one is justified before God by the law, because `The righteous will live by faith` .... The law, however, is not based on faith on the contrary ` the man does these things will live by them ....... Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, For it is written in the law of Moses ``Cursed is everyone who hung on a tree``....... God redeemed us in order that the blessing promised to Abraham would come to the Gentles in Christ Jesus, so that by faith we might receive the promise of the Spirit ``... Galatians 3:12-14 ..... See God through the law that rejects Jesus Christ through Moses, Then God rejects the laws of Moses in preference to faith where people who receive the spirit of Christ are the descendants of the Abraham blessing, As Abraham lived by faith and was promised He would be the father of many nations whose numbers were counted like the sand in the sea ................... The defendants of Abraham are people who walk in faith and receive the Spirit of God

Old 04-27-2022, 05:14 PM

3,573 posts, read 1,175,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingsToValhalla View Post
Christians will inherit God's promises to Abraham, according to the new testament, e.g. to become fruitful, become numerous as the stars, to spread across the globe, to create great nations, become kings, etc.

We've already seen that happen. Promise fulfilled!

But I was curious to who Abraham's actual genetic descendants are -- are they modern day Jews?
I happened to stumble across an old sermon on youtube by a Pastor Peter J. Peters who suggests that Jews may not be the actual descendants of Abraham, e.g. Israelites, but he suggests that many Israelites ended up in Europe after the Northern kingdom of Israel was destroyed by the Assyrians.

His sermon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKjEzIa0dQo

I do apologize, his sermon is one hour long.

I was curious if any historians, archaeologists, theologians agree with this pastor's suggestions?
Did the Israelites just die out, or become mixed in with the Assyrian people, or did many of them escape into Europe?
nobody says the truth.
this guy https://www.bing.com/search?q=anatol...ANNTA1&PC=DCTS says yes, modern Jews and Arabs are of the same stock, fwiw.

Old 04-27-2022, 05:15 PM

11,070 posts, read 7,139,669 times
Jesus' promises to all - gentiles - go beyond anything that God the father in the older days promised to the Jews, with their covenant.

We all equally have access to the benefits and glory now. No one is excluded or separated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity