Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 03:27 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,334,160 times

Advertisements

YouTube - PT #1-Be Free From Carnal Thinking

If you enjoyed this there are another 4 parts
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2009, 06:51 AM

3,553 posts, read 5,158,579 times
This is a false teaching, because:

The 'world' is not religion, but religion is included in it'
He keeps calling it religion, but yet,,what is he and they?

It looks like a church format, with a leader speaking.
It looks like he is in the front, although sitting down.
It looks like he is the one teaching, special truths, given to him by God, when he sat still and quiet.
If it quacks, has a bill, and webbed feet,,,it must be a duck.

He says going to church and hearing about the wrath of God, and the fear of God. 3:46 But yet earlier he said you are right where you need to be at this very moment. Does he not think it is possible that when learning of the milk of the gospel, you must be told certain Truths concernig the milk, before heading into the meat? Where does anyone get off telling people that the mainstream is wrong, because God led him to where he is "right at this moment"?

Think anyone would understand his 'truths' now, having never tasted of the milk of the word? This anyone, including him, has been brought into glory, so that the Truth has been manifested in their lives? Then they arre not done learning, and although he sits in that chair today, a certain revealing, or Spirit led Truth could be given to him, that causes him to exit that chair and realize what he was teaching, actually goes agains the Word, as it was Spiritually given and not carnally read.

So, although it is good that he is at where he is supposed to be, I definately disagree with him on the carnality side of his teaching, of course as well as the UR aspect of it.

Last edited by HotinAZ; 07-02-2009 at 07:17 AM..

Old 07-02-2009, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
This is a false teaching, because:

The 'world' is not religion, but religion is included in it'
He keeps calling it religion, but yet,,what is he and they?

It looks like a church format, with a leader speaking.
It looks like he is in the front, although sitting down.
It looks like he is the one teaching, special truths, given to him by God, when he sat still and quiet.
If it quacks, has a bill, and webbed feet,,,it must be a duck.

He says going to church and hearing about the wrath of God, and the fear of God. 3:46 But yet earlier he said you are right where you need to be at this very moment. Does he not think it is possible that when learning of the milk of the gospel, you must be told certain Truths concernig the milk, before heading into the meat? Where does anyone get off telling people that the mainstream is wrong, because God led him to where he is "right at this moment"?

Think anyone would understand his 'truths' now, having never tasted of the milk of the word? This anyone, including him, has been brought into glory, so that the Truth has been manifested in their lives? Then they arre not done learning, and although he sits in that chair today, a certain revealing, or Spirit led Truth could be given to him, that causes him to exit that chair and realize what he was teaching, actually goes agains the Word, as it was Spiritually given and not carnally read.

So, although it is good that he is at where he is supposed to be, I definately disagree with him on the carnality side of his teaching, of course as well as the UR aspect of it.
lol

Old 07-02-2009, 12:55 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,193,950 times
I can understand what Gary is saying (I've met Gary, as well as Larry and Betty Hodges, among others), but it's like he said - this is a process of understanding that just letting go (and letting God) has to be worked in us - with a foundation of understanding God's holiness and sovereign plan for us.

The best way I can describe it is that fundamental Christianity limits God as to His plan, ability and overall rule over His creation, and our liberty to be totally removed from the bondage of the flesh...

...which we don't understand as being flesh. How we think, see, judge, etc, is all predicated in the wrong tree. We have to understand that Life and the knowledge of good and evil are a total paradigm shift (and a world) apart.

Old 07-02-2009, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
I can understand what Gary is saying (I've met Gary, as well as Larry and Betty Hodges, among others), but it's like he said - this is a process of understanding that just letting go (and letting God) has to be worked in us - with a foundation of understanding God's holiness and sovereign plan for us.

The best way I can describe it is that fundamental Christianity limits God as to His plan, ability and overall rule over His creation, and our liberty to be totally removed from the bondage of the flesh...

...which we don't understand as being flesh. How we think, see, judge, etc, is all predicated in the wrong tree. We have to understand that Life and the knowledge of good and evil are a total paradigm shift (and a world) apart.

See, now that I would agree with. It is such a shame that UR has to come into the teaching though, because a little leaven ruins ALL. If you drink a glass of water that is 99% water and 1% poison, then the entire glass is poison.

Old 07-02-2009, 01:31 PM

Quote:
See, now that I would agree with. It is such a shame that UR has to come into the teaching though, because a little leaven ruins ALL. If you drink a glass of water that is 99% water and 1% poison, then the entire glass is poison.
Hotinaz ,Little Elmer is saying exactly what Gary Sigler is saying.

Old 07-02-2009, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Hotinaz ,Little Elmer is saying exactly what Gary Sigler is saying.

Read Little Elmers post again. He does not mention UR, does he? Then he is not saying what Gary is saying, in that post. I understand the trees, and what they actually are. It is why I understood what he was saying, and I agreed with it. But Gary has to throw UR in the mix, and then, since he doesn't even know, as NO ONE does, it ruins it.

Why can't Christians just focus on the now, and let the Judge do the Judging, on that day.

ET doesn't sound like a loving God, to me, but who am I?
UR doesn't sound like a just God, to me, but who am I?
AN doesn't sound like a forgiving creative God, to me, but who am I?

I really don't proclaim to have any answers for the afterlife, outside of what is going to happen to the overcoming believers. Outside of this, it is up to Him. Shoot, if I was the judge of all of humanity, I would give them another chance, and let them know for certain at ALL times, and ALL generations, that I exist, am here, and am never leaving.

So, in this sense, UR sounds appealing. The problem comes from the religious folks, who proclaim to be speaking on behalf of the Spirit, which puts them at odd, directly, with the Father, if what they speak is a lie.

Then, UR falls apart, because that is what Jesus implied. There is no forgiveness for this. Why? Because they took the worng seat, that they were never meant to take, nor was it offered.

So, who knows. I sure don't, nor proclaim to. I just know that people who drink the kool-aids following another man's teachings, have the ability to fall into a trap. Are they trapped? How would they even know, until they "come out of her, my people".

Old 07-02-2009, 02:10 PM

Neither did i , but i can guarantee you LE believes it

Old 07-02-2009, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Neither did i , but i can guarantee you LE believes it
I know what LE believes, as I can read for myself. I can also ackowledge a truthful post, when I feel led to comment on it. Right?

Old 07-02-2009, 02:21 PM

Quote:
I know what LE believes, as I can read for myself. I can also ackowledge a truthful post, when I feel led to comment on it. Right?
So do you agree i never mentioned UR ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity