Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 11:15 AM

26 posts, read 314,918 times

Advertisements

You hear the term "born again Christian"...which means/implies that you are born twice in that instance...

my question is how many times can you be born? if you are a born again christian, and you decide to NOT be a christian after a while, then decide to BE a newly born again christian again sometime after that, etc etc.....how many times can you be a born again and again and again Christian?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2009, 11:34 AM

4,655 posts, read 5,066,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bermudagrass View Post
You hear the term "born again Christian"...which means/implies that you are born twice in that instance...

my question is how many times can you be born? if you are a born again christian, and you decide to NOT be a christian after a while, then decide to BE a newly born again christian again sometime after that, etc etc.....how many times can you be a born again and again and again Christian?

Just once is enough. If you're a real Christian you'll remain in the faith.

Old 07-02-2009, 11:53 AM

3,260 posts, read 6,756,429 times
1st you are "born of the water" of a woman (the bag of waters) and then you are "born from above" of the Ruach HaKodesh (Holy Spirit). That's IT.

Old 07-02-2009, 12:23 PM

3,553 posts, read 5,152,722 times
Quote:

Most people(myself included) have really not a clue what it means to be 'born again'. Shoot, it is still a mystery to me as well, but after seeing what happened at the Pentecostal Baptism of Fire, and what happened to Paul, and the miracles that followed when the Glory of the Father and Son was indwelling in these people, it would then be not too presumptuous to assume that not too many people really knows what it means.

But hey, we are just carnal Christians feeling our way in the dark, trying to seek a Light that would blind us in our tracks. And we will ALL be saved in the end according to the doctrines coming forth from some on here.

Old 07-02-2009, 02:34 PM

26 posts, read 314,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
Just once is enough. If you're a real Christian you'll remain in the faith.
So, if someone becomes a christian and is born again, and then is mislead into believing the God of Islam and converts to be a muslim, and then realizes that jesus is truely is the way to go and decides to become a newly born again christian, and then after a while is convinced that budha is the 'real' God and converts but then realizes that the only God he should be worshiping is jesus and becomes a born again christian, he will not go to heaven? (long sentence intentional)

i thought that the only way to go to heaven is by believing in him? (even moments before dying!)

is that what you're saying?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Most people(myself included) have really not a clue what it means to be 'born again'. Shoot, it is still a mystery to me as well, but after seeing what happened at the Pentecostal Baptism of Fire, and what happened to Paul, and the miracles that followed when the Glory of the Father and Son was indwelling in these people, it would then be not too presumptuous to assume that not too many people really knows what it means.

But hey, we are just carnal Christians feeling our way in the dark, trying to seek a Light that would blind us in our tracks. And we will ALL be saved in the end according to the doctrines coming forth from some on here.
WHAT are you talking about? Do you realize how difficult you are to understand???

Old 07-02-2009, 02:53 PM

304 posts, read 904,382 times
I believe there are many paths to God. I'm not so smug and full of myself to say I'm certain and my path is the only one...because right now I am really struggling with my faith.

Old 07-02-2009, 03:17 PM

1,897 posts, read 3,491,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrow View Post
I believe there are many paths to God. I'm not so smug and full of myself to say I'm certain and my path is the only one...because right now I am really struggling with my faith.
Yeah, I totally agree, Darrow. Many people believe that two and two equals four. But I'm not so smug and full of myself to say I'm certain that two and two equals four!

Jesus said "I am THE way THE truth and the life; NO man comes unto the Father except through Me" (John 14:6). If one believes that, he is not being smug and full of himself! If someone wants to believe that Allah is the way, that's his right. But there cannot be different truths for the same reality! One is right; the others are wrong.

I can believe that two and two equals five, but I will continue to be wrong, because the truth is that two and two equals four! That is not smugness or being into one's self! That is truth. There is no other truth to that equation! And there is no other truth to eternal life but faith in Christ. Not believing such a truth does not negate it!

Believe on the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved!

Preterist

Old 07-02-2009, 09:39 PM

2,529 posts, read 4,350,291 times
Quote:

We are born again only once. If one falls away, believes something else, or whatever, and then returns to Jesus, all they have to do is repent.

Old 07-02-2009, 09:46 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,487,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjamiedawn View Post
We are born again only once. If one falls away, believes something else, or whatever, and then returns to Jesus, all they have to do is repent.
Agreed

Old 07-02-2009, 09:52 PM

852 posts, read 1,365,105 times
I think it depends on the person's heart...for only they and God know their heart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity