Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2009, 09:27 AM

1,876 posts, read 2,391,195 times

Advertisements

acts 2:

36Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made the same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

This is important, peter did not say the nation of Israel, but the house of Israel..he didnt say let the jews know assuredly, but the House of Israel..

House means Family..remember noah what God said to him..gen 7:

1And the LORD said unto Noah, Come thou and all thy house [family] into the ark; for thee have I seen righteous before me in this generation

or what paul told the phillipian Jailor acts 16:

31And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

abraham gen 18:

19For I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him, and they shall keep the way of the LORD, to do justice and judgment; that the LORD may bring upon Abraham that which he hath spoken of him.

Israel is the name God gave to Jacob in gen 32 :

28And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed.

This name became the representing name of Gods chosen people or elect Family of God..

John 11:

52And not for that nation only, but that also he should gather together in one the children of God that were scattered abroad.

This is Gods chosen people in christ eph 1:

4According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

look at some verses here 1 chron 16:

13 O ye seed of Israel his servant, ye children of Jacob, his chosen ones.

ps 135:

For the LORD hath chosen Jacob unto himself, and Israel for his peculiar treasure.

This is the same Ideal as well in the new covenant heb 8:

8For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:

9Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord. 10For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

These titles denote Gods chosen people..

Now we know peter didnt have all the nation in mind when he made the statement, let the house of Israel assuredly know..because he makes this distinguishing statement in vs 39

39For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the LORD our God shall call.

peter knew that God hadnt called all national Israel to salvation..but only His sheep..

matt 15:

23But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she crieth after us. 24But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

The disciples knew the mission of the Lord whom they followed, and it wasnt to save all of Israel the nation..but as paul stated:

1 cor 9:

To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some.

For it was an remnant rom 11:

5Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

14 If by any means I may provoke to emulation them which are my flesh, and might save some of them.

also , Jesus told peter to feed His sheep, not the whole nation of Israel..Jn 21:

16He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep.

17He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep.[not the goats]

And, this is what peter was obediently doing on this day of pentecost, He was feeding Gods sheep with the Gospel of their salvation..

So the very first sermon in church history was addressed to the elect of God , the chosen ones of God, Gods sheep, the called..and it was specifically stated in the sermon..

The false Gospel preachers of today refuse to make that stand, as peter and the true Gospel preachers did..

But I by the grace of God, preach the True Gospel of God, a Gospel that addresses the elect of God..

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity