Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2009, 10:10 PM

1,876 posts, read 2,390,478 times

Advertisements

rom 9:

21Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

Matt 20:

Is it not lawful for me to do what I will with mine own? Is thine eye evil, because I am good?

What the God Hating world rejects most, is that God has a right to do whatever He wants with His creatures..

If God wants to make some creatures for the purpose of daming them for their sins, then He has that right..that power..

If God wants to make some creatures for the purpose of showing them mercy for their sins, then thats His perogative..to question this is High mutiny against thy Creator..

Is thine eye evil because I am good ?

Lets say for instance, there are 10 prisoners on death roll, and they will be excuted for their crimes next week..

two days before the scheduled execution, the word is, the Judge, one with the regal and legal authority to do so, orders that 5 of the prisoners be pardoned and released from the prison and set free..

The reason for the pardon of the 5 was merely an act of grace on behalf of the the Judge..

Now, because He didnt pardon all ten of the criminals, is He evil ? Has he done the others that will be excuted for their crimes wrong ? Is He not good towards the 5 He freely pardoned and set free ?

God has the power, the liberty to do as He pleases and is not answerable to no one...

man has no right to question God as to why God made him the way He did..listen:

20Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?

Thats rebellion against God..Its ansewring Him back..its contradicting Him, its striving against Him..

isa 45:

Woe unto him that striveth with his Maker! Let the potsherd strive with the potsherds of the earth. Shall the clay say to him that fashioneth it, What makest thou? or thy work, He hath no hands?

All I can say to you that reject God in this here revelation of Himself, Woe unto you..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2009, 10:14 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,710,427 times
Wait till they come and crucify you

I for one fully believe in the omniscience and total authority of the Almighty to do as He pleases.

Job comes to mind here

Old 07-03-2009, 10:50 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,047,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
All I can say to you that reject God in this here revelation of Himself, Woe unto you..
All I can say to you who accept this despotic, capricious, hateful God is . . . check that you have not been deceived by the Deceiver of all deceivers . . . for that is who you describe . . . NOT my God as revealed by Jesus.

Old 07-04-2009, 02:33 AM

1,821 posts, read 2,333,145 times
Quote:
God has the power, the liberty to do as He pleases and is not answerable to no one...
thats true, and God's pleasure is that all man will be saved (1Tim. 2:4, Romans 11:32) for God has no pleasure in the death of the wicked (Ezekiel 18:32) and does not want that anybody perishes (2Pet. 3:9).

Old 07-04-2009, 02:44 AM

4,511 posts, read 7,518,427 times
^

yes.

and now have this translated in today's legalistic, economic, scientific jargons, please!

thanks for your kind consideration.

Old 07-04-2009, 05:22 AM

12 posts, read 18,285 times
Do not strive against your maker, b57.

Old 07-04-2009, 05:37 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,277,299 times
Quote:
rom 9:

21Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

Matt 20:

Is it not lawful for me to do what I will with mine own? Is thine eye evil, because I am good?

What the God Hating world rejects most, is that God has a right to do whatever He wants with His creatures..

If God wants to make some creatures for the purpose of daming them for their sins, then He has that right..that power..

If God wants to make some creatures for the purpose of showing them mercy for their sins, then thats His perogative..to question this is High mutiny against thy Creator..

Is thine eye evil because I am good ?

Lets say for instance, there are 10 prisoners on death roll, and they will be excuted for their crimes next week..

two days before the scheduled execution, the word is, the Judge, one with the regal and legal authority to do so, orders that 5 of the prisoners be pardoned and released from the prison and set free..

The reason for the pardon of the 5 was merely an act of grace on behalf of the the Judge..

Now, because He didnt pardon all ten of the criminals, is He evil ? Has he done the others that will be excuted for their crimes wrong ? Is He not good towards the 5 He freely pardoned and set free ?

man has no right to question God as to why God made him the way He did..listen:

20Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?

Thats rebellion against God..Its ansewring Him back..its contradicting Him, its striving against Him..

isa 45:

Woe unto him that striveth with his Maker! Let the potsherd strive with the potsherds of the earth. Shall the clay say to him that fashioneth it, What makest thou? or thy work, He hath no hands?

Beloved 57 open your heart to God's love for you.

You see God is not a God of small measure , he would not pardon 5 and condemn 5 , that is not His nature.

He is the God of ALL and abundance

Matthew chapter 18

When evening came, many who were demon-possessed were brought to him, and he drove out the spirits with a word and healed all the sick.

Infact there is a time when God appears to be short im measure and that is towards the religious mind

Luke Chapter 4

23Jesus said to them, "Surely you will quote this proverb to me: 'Physician, heal yourself! Do here in your hometown what we have heard that you did in Capernaum.' "

24"I tell you the truth," he continued, "no prophet is accepted in his hometown. 25I assure you that there were many widows in Israel in Elijah's time, when the sky was shut for three and a half years and there was a severe famine throughout the land. 26Yet Elijah was not sent to any of them, but to a widow in Zarephath in the region of Sidon. 27And there were many in Israel with leprosy[f] in the time of Elisha the prophet, yet not one of them was cleansed—only Naaman the Syrian." 28All the people in the synagogue were furious when they heard this. 29They got up, drove him out of the town, and took him to the brow of the hill on which the town was built, in order to throw him down the cliff. 30But he walked right through the crowd and went on his way.

Last edited by pcamps; 07-04-2009 at 06:16 AM..

Old 07-04-2009, 06:53 AM

6,657 posts, read 8,126,281 times
Quote:
rom 9:

See b57 is setting up a false analogy here. Many Calvinists do this to justify God tormenting people for eternity.

The analogy first fails because no judge can torment a person for eternity. The toughest punishment a judge can hand out is the death penalty, which is far more humane.

But this is the real problem with the analogy: the analogy would be more accurate if the judge had created the 10 prisoners, nurtured them from birth, and set them on the path that would lead them to becoming criminals. And then only pardoned 5 of them.

Sure God has the power to do that if He wants to. No one argues that. The question is: is that the nature of the God described by the bible?

Lets set the false analogy aside. Here is the real issue:

God creates mankind decreeing (foreknowing) them to be sinners, and then punishes some of them eternally for being exactly as He made them. And thats "justice" and "loving"? Hmpf. Not by any standard of justice and love that we know.

Quote:
Agreed, God answers to no one and has the power to do as he pleases. And what does He please?

1 Tim 2:3 This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all men to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth.

It is you who are striving against your maker, b57.

Old 07-04-2009, 07:30 AM

2,339 posts, read 4,400,480 times
Oh boy. Here we go again. Another insightful thread by the all knowing, special, wonderful, loved best by god, beloved57! Yay! Your version of god is scary. Not loving. Sick. Demented. Disgusting. Revolting. Repulsive. Inhumane at that.

Old 07-04-2009, 07:34 AM

1,876 posts, read 2,390,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1 View Post
Oh boy. Here we go again. Another insightful thread by the all knowing, special, wonderful, loved best by god, beloved57! Yay! Your version of god is scary. Not loving. Sick. Demented. Disgusting. Revolting. Repulsive. Inhumane at that.
Go ahead, spit it out..it will make you feel better, but the Truth remains..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity