Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 09:24 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,279,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Not entirely correct
If God desires all to be saved , which of those that He desires to be saved doesn't He love ? .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2009, 09:38 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,562,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
If God desires all to be saved , which of those that He desires to be saved doesn't He love ? .
again once again listen to what I am saying.

Old 07-08-2009, 09:39 AM

4,655 posts, read 5,067,121 times
Quote:
Watched a message by him over the weekend . Tremendously blessed by it .
The message found me out and exposed all manner of unbelief in me that i needed to repent of.
It would be nice if he'd actually preach the Gospel.

Old 07-08-2009, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
Have you ever thought He is teaching to the believer?.

In otherwords teaching is His gift

Old 07-08-2009, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
again once again listen to what I am saying.
Well what are you saying Fundy when you are saying it's not entirely correct ?

If you are suggesting He did not die for ALL sinners , then what would be the point in Him desiring ALL to be saved.

Oh i get it He died for only elected sinners

Old 07-08-2009, 09:46 AM

Quote:
well what are you saying fundy when you are saying it's not entirely correct ?
exactly! :d

Old 07-08-2009, 09:48 AM

Quote:

It is clear teaching is NOT his gift. People want to have their ears tickled which is why "prosperity", "word of faith", "name it and claim it" is packing churches unfortunately they lack spiritual discernment and wouldn't know the true gospel if it hit them in the head.

Old 07-08-2009, 09:49 AM

4,655 posts, read 5,067,121 times
Quote:

No...I haven't. I've heard interviews with him...he has very little knowledge of theology. He refuses to say who is and isn't a believer. He went on Larry King's show and said "I don't know" when asked if a person that doesn't believe in Jesus will go to hell.

Honestly...I don't think that's a "good teacher" of believers OR non-believers. His "ministry" is about making people feel good...nothing more.

The guy preaches to 40,000 people every single Sunday. You think every one of them needs to be told that they are good and can have their "best life now"? Just imagine what he could do with that pulpit. Instead he wastes it with fluff.

Old 07-08-2009, 09:51 AM

602 posts, read 1,872,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
Just my opinion, but he's preaching the gospel by living it. If you read about his background, he was not interested in being a preacher, but that's where God led him after his father died, and he followed. I think as a Christian following is the hardest thing to do, especially if it doesn't line up with what you thought you should be doing

Old 07-08-2009, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by osugirl2 View Post
Just my opinion, but he's preaching the gospel by living it. If you read about his background, he was not interested in being a preacher, but that's where God led him after his father died, and he followed. I think as a Christian following is the hardest thing to do, especially if it doesn't line up with what you thought you should be doing
What is the gospel?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity