Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2009, 06:19 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,657,614 times

Advertisements

..or is He?

I've often proclaimed, "God's doing a new thing!" in response to a certain incident or circumstance that took place in my life...they were like beautiful breaks of sunshine!

...But is He really doing something new?

There are two things to think about...that seem to contradict one another...or do they?
1) All through the ages, God has continually done a new thing.
2) That which, from our (man's) standpoint, has always been God's new thing, but from His own standpoint has not been new at all.
"Known unto God are all his works from the beginning of the world" (Acts 15:18).
"The works were finished from the foundations of the world" (Hebrews 4:3).

An important truth...God is working backward to an original position and design. God never leaves His original premise.

A question I pose for you...What happens to His "representative" here on earth when they cease to be such?...even though He may have raised them up Himself and used and blessed them? What does God do to compensate for the loss of His "instrument?"

I'd love to hear your responses!..and if you can find Scripture to support your responses...all the better!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2009, 07:14 AM

14,875 posts, read 17,143,188 times
Quote:
An important truth...God is working backward to an original position and design. God never leaves His original premise.
Agree, Verna. I like the way that you put this.
Quote:
A question I pose for you...What happens to His "representative" here on earth when they cease to be such?...even though He may have raised them up Himself and used and blessed them? What does God do to compensate for the loss of His "instrument?"
I am not really sure what you mean here. Maybe not fully awake. Can you elaborate? Thanks and God bless.

Old 08-07-2009, 07:25 AM

6,657 posts, read 8,125,535 times
"God's doing a new thing" - perhaps its only us who think God is doing something new. Maybe God's being doing it all along but we only notice or understand it now?

Quote:
I didn't follow you here either... ?

Old 08-07-2009, 07:31 AM

Quote:
God's doing a new thing" - perhaps its only us who think God is doing something new. Maybe God's being doing it all along but we only notice or understand it now?
Good point, legoman. God bless.

Old 08-07-2009, 08:15 AM

3,770 posts, read 10,571,881 times
God is immutable,even though man may or may not think so.

Old 08-07-2009, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shana
I am not really sure what you mean here. Maybe not fully awake. Can you elaborate? Thanks and God bless.
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman
I didn't follow you here either... ?
Well, let me see......o.k......

If we agree that this "new thing" is actually an "old thing," that God is indeed working backward to His original premise...then it would suffice to say that we would agree that He knows exactly...to the finest detail, what He wants...and He will have that which He wants, and can never be denied it, nor will He give it up or take anything less...right?
So...whenever there is a deviation from or a falling short of it, by the "representative" or the "instrument" which He had Himself raised, used and blessed...then God will begin again...somewhere
somehow...there would be a "Divine reaction," to bring about that which He has set His heart on...that which He is determined to have...
...key words being "Divine reaction," What have we learned through Scripture concerning these Divine reactions...and can we find earlier instances in Scripture where God reacted to man's defections...

Love you!
Verna.

Old 08-07-2009, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noland123 View Post
God is immutable,even though man may or may not think so.
Exactly noland, I agree.
For every action...there is a reaction...and in God's case a "Divine reaction,"...so...fellowship with God is only possible through death and resurrection...the death of the "representative" that deviated from, or failed to complete His heart's desire...and His reaction being, the resurrection of another to take their place...but all too soon, deviation sets in again...another "Divine reaction"...It's intriguing!

Old 08-07-2009, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Well, let me see......o.k......

If we agree that this "new thing" is actually an "old thing," that God is indeed working backward to His original premise...then it would suffice to say that we would agree that He knows exactly...to the finest detail, what He wants...and He will have that which He wants, and can never be denied it, nor will He give it up or take anything less...right?
So...whenever there is a deviation from or a falling short of it, by the "representative" or the "instrument" which He had Himself raised, used and blessed...then God will begin again...somewhere
somehow...there would be a "Divine reaction," to bring about that which He has set His heart on...that which He is determined to have...
...key words being "Divine reaction," What have we learned through Scripture concerning these Divine reactions...and can we find earlier instances in Scripture where God reacted to man's defections...

Love you!
Verna.
Okay, Verna, then you are sharing that God will make sure that His original plan is accomplished and works all things toward that end? God bless.

Old 08-07-2009, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Okay, Verna, then you are sharing that God will make sure that His original plan is accomplished and works all things toward that end? God bless.
Yes Shana...and I want to go deeper in trying to understand the truths and principles that are here.

Old 08-07-2009, 01:47 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,125,535 times
Hi Verna,

Just throwing this scripture out to contemplate part of what God's plan is. I may be veering out in left field, but I believe it is relevant to understand why we are here. If its off-topic, feel free to disregard.

First in the NIV. IMHO its a poor translation of this verse:

Ecc 1:13 I devoted myself to study and to explore by wisdom all that is done under heaven. What a heavy burden God has laid on men!

But look at how the concordant literal renders:

Ecc 1:13 It is an experience of evil Elohim [God] has given to the sons of humanity to humble them by it

Is it possible our failures are actually part of God teaching us so we will be humbled? I believe so. We are here to learn righteousness, and that requires an understanding or an experience of evil, and it requires humility.

JMHO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity