U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 06:25 PM

34,253 posts, read 22,563,977 times

Advertisements

Watched a message by him over the weekend . Tremendously blessed by it .
The message found me out and exposed all manner of unbelief in me that i needed to repent of.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2009, 06:42 PM

8,989 posts, read 13,038,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
The message found me out and exposed all manner of unbelief in me that i needed to repent of.
And what is this unbelief if I may ask?

Old 07-07-2009, 06:45 PM

58,764 posts, read 77,664,847 times
he gives very good sermons, my mom likes him alot.

Old 07-07-2009, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
And what is this unbelief?
Areas in my life i was not believing God for . Thought you would be the first to post

Old 07-07-2009, 06:52 PM

8,989 posts, read 13,038,941 times
Quote:
Areas in my life i was not believing God for . Thought you would be the first to post
I don't want to get too much in your business but is there anything you can share of this unbelief you had? I am quite serious, not trying to make fun of you or anything

Old 07-07-2009, 07:18 PM

6,398 posts, read 5,149,975 times
what was the message?
I've always thought he was more of the "prosperity" preaching type..
yeah, I know, don't throw away the baby with the bath water.
and God can use anyone..
I know.. I know....lol.
I admit, I have a bit of a hard time with the prosperity preachers.
(that's just MY issue, though. )

so what was the message, pcamps?

Old 07-07-2009, 07:22 PM

3,586 posts, read 5,659,926 times
Quote:
He seems more like a motivational speaker than a preacher. When he speaks he rarely uses scripture, just a good motivational speaker. He says he may throw it in from time to time. That is not the type of preacher that I want to listen too. You can watch the video on youtube.

Old 07-07-2009, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
what was the message?
I've always thought he was more of the "prosperity" preaching type..
yeah, I know, don't throw away the baby with the bath water.
and God can use anyone..
I know.. I know....lol.
I admit, I have a bit of a hard time with the prosperity preachers.
(that's just MY issue, though. )

so what was the message, pcamps?
Hi Sparrow

Joel is one of a few tv ministers who i do not see as preaching a prosperity message.

I actually believe in the prosperity of the Lord , but i also believe i do not have to follow it .

Goodness and mercy shallow me all the days of my life.

Is message was calling the things that are not as though they are .

The crux of the message was how we speak things into being , through the things we say.

People can say well this is just positive thinking , well i do not ,we are what we believe there is no getting around that "As a man thinks in his heart so is he"

That which i greatly feared came upon me .

Philippians 4

8Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. 9Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you

Our God and Father is a 24/7 God who is abundantly available and utterly dependable.

Old 07-07-2009, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
He seems more like a motivational speaker than a preacher. When he speaks he rarely uses scripture, just a good motivational speaker. He says he may throw it in from time to time. That is not the type of preacher that I want to listen too. You can watch the video on youtube.
Well i disagree i think he speaks life and not death .

Quoting a bunch of scriptures does not necessarily equate to being a good message.

Like the good old hymn says Break thou the bread of life dear Lord to me.

I believe it's possible to take only one verse from the word , preach on it and speak life into the hearer.

Old 07-07-2009, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
I don't want to get too much in your business but is there anything you can share of this unbelief you had? I am quite serious, not trying to make fun of you or anything
Fundy see my answer to sparrow.

Fundy i am not quite sure where you are going with this but i do hope you are believing and trusting God in every area of your life , before you are quick to judge me because i confessed there are areas in my life where the Lord had shown me i was not believing him for.
God demands truth in the inward parts .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity