Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 11:31 AM

433 posts, read 962,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
No He chose us....we didn't choose Him. You really can't compare us to other religions, totally different ballgame.
why doesn't God "choose" the muslims or the members of other religions?
Isn't it true that you are usually brought up to believe the religion of your parents and/or the region of the world you're born into? (ie. india, north america, middle east, etc.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2009, 11:36 AM

396 posts, read 596,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evidence-is-key View Post
Isn't it true that you are usually brought up to believe the religion of your parents and/or the region of the world you're born into? (ie. india, north america, middle east, etc.)

God does choose people from all nations. There are Christians in India, Middle East, etc.!

Old 07-08-2009, 11:43 AM

4,213 posts, read 5,814,523 times
Quote:
Let's assume that there is a God.
Why do you think that the God of christianity is the real God and the God of muslims or other religions are not real?

simply stating that the bible says so is not a good reason in my opinion because the books of other religions say so about their Gods also.

I'm interested in finding out the logic or rational behind this. Have you ever considered the possibility?
Prophecy forfilled.

Old 07-08-2009, 11:50 AM

396 posts, read 596,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeapostle View Post
God does choose people from all nations. There are Christians in India, Middle East, etc.!
Blessed is the man whom thou choosest, and causest to approach unto thee, that he may dwell in thy courts: we shall be satisfied with the goodness of thy house, even of thy holy temple. (Psa.65:4)

Last edited by jeapostle; 07-08-2009 at 11:51 AM.. Reason: mispelling

Old 07-08-2009, 11:55 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,126,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeapostle View Post
Blessed is the man whom thou choosest, and causest to approach unto thee, that he may dwell in thy courts: we shall be satisfied with the goodness of thy house, even of thy holy temple. (Psa.65:4)
Sounds like He is God above all other gods to me .

Old 07-08-2009, 12:05 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,630,510 times

Does anyone even have the guts to say it?

Stop beating around the bush, folks. If you're a Christian, stand up and say why.

Here goes Tony, the torch-bearer

Commandment#1:
I'm the Lord, your only GOD, and thou shalt have no other God, but me.

I can only wish I were Moses, so I can give a direct eye-witness testimony.

I don't care about the rest of the world, and I'm not succumbing to political correctness

Old 07-08-2009, 12:08 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,335,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossus_Antonis View Post

Does anyone even have the guts to say it?

Stop beating around the bush, folks. If you're a Christian, stand up and say why.

Here goes Tony, the torch-bearer

Commandment#1:
I'm the Lord, your only GOD, and thou shalt have no other God, but me.

I can only wish I were Moses, so I can give a direct eye-witness testimony.

I don't care about the rest of the world, and I'm not succumbing to political correctness

Old 07-08-2009, 12:16 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,814,523 times
God has chosen the christians and if any one of other faiths is chosen they become a christian.

The Bible is the only book with 100% prophecy forfilled and there are only a few that havent had there time to be forefilled.

Old 07-08-2009, 12:16 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,093,219 times
Quote:
You will get different answers. And I would agree that most people are brought up to believe the religion of their parents. That's what happened to me, for much of my life I accepted it and didn't really question it. Then later in life I finally questioned it and God surprised me. Thats when He "chose" me.

As to your question: why doesn't God "choose" the muslims or others?

Some people might say, God doesn't like them, so He lets them burn for eternity for His glory.

Myself, I would not say that. I would just say they haven't been chosen yet. (chosen for what? chosen to understand the truth)

The trick is to establish if the bible is true or not, and then study study study to find out what it really says. God will show you if you ask.

Peace.

Old 07-08-2009, 12:29 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,285,136 times
Quote:
Let's assume that there is a God.
Why do you think that the God of christianity is the real God and the God of muslims or other religions are not real?

simply stating that the bible says so is not a good reason in my opinion because the books of other religions say so about their Gods also.

I'm interested in finding out the logic or rational behind this. Have you ever considered the possibility?
I don't think that I am right because of me being Christian, I think that I am right because I follow the person that says that He is the only way.

Someone can follow Christ and not be Christian, and they would be right also. But I do believe that there are others out there that are following an idol or false god, that can't save them.

Jesus said that He was the only way, the truth and the life. There isn't another God that has said that. So, I think that I am right by following the creator, and others who don't believe in Him, I feel are wrong.

But I don't condemn them, if they want to follow idols or false gods then that is there choice. We have free will to worship a tree if we like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity