Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2009, 06:01 PM

1,544 posts, read 3,602,703 times

Advertisements

In the margin of my bible I have had this question mark for several years and still no answer. You see it is very important to God throughout both the OT and NT but in 1 John 5:7...
For there are three that testify: the Spirit, the water and the blood and the three are in agreement.

I can understand the importance of the Spirit but why is blood and water so important? And what is meant by the three are in agreement with each other?

I know this one will be difficult but I guess we better go into pray about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2009, 09:30 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,578,447 times
They testify the deity of Jesus Christ through baptism (water) and His death (blood)

The three that are in agreement is the Trinity; At Jesus baptism the Father and the Spirit testified to the Son, Jesus death prophesied who He was and the Holy Spirit testified the identity of who Jesus Christ was while here on earth

Keyword; testimony- They are in agreement because they all know the truth.

Old 07-18-2009, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
They testify the deity of Jesus Christ through baptism (water) and His death (blood)

The three that are in agreement is the Trinity; At Jesus baptism the Father and the Spirit testified to the Son, Jesus death prophesied who He was and the Holy Spirit testified the identity of who Jesus Christ was while here on earth

Keyword; testimony- They are in agreement because they all know the truth.
Hmmm, the Trinity came to mind but that was all I had. But there seems to be more... something...hmmm.

Old 07-18-2009, 10:03 PM

3,553 posts, read 5,158,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyewrist View Post
In the margin of my bible I have had this question mark for several years and still no answer. You see it is very important to God throughout both the OT and NT but in 1 John 5:7...
For there are three that testify: the Spirit, the water and the blood and the three are in agreement.

I can understand the importance of the Spirit but why is blood and water so important? And what is meant by the three are in agreement with each other?

I know this one will be difficult but I guess we better go into pray about it.

Remember that testify is the same as bearing witness.

Remember what blood is used for,,,it speaks on behalf of the innocent, for the forgiven who were guilty before God due to transgression.
Remember what water is used for,,,Living Water unto eternal life. Christ the Word made flesh.
Remember what the Spirit did when Jesus, the man, was baptized. Speaking the Truth straight from the Father.

When Jesus was pierced and died, He was emptied of the Water, the Blood, and the Spirit, for this realm, shining Light and giving Life in this darkness and conquering death, opening the Way from where we all have fallen. Zion restored. Eden opened. Inviting all who would believe to come Home, with open arms awaiting. Knock, and He will answer. Seek, and we will find. Believe, and have faith.

These three testified bearing witness to ALL of creation both in the heavens and the earth of the Perfect Lamb slain on behalf of the world. Revelations 5 and others show this. He was ressurected from a slain man, bearing the sins of the world, to the Highest of all Honor in the Kingdom.

Ladies and Gentlemen of the world! Welcome the Light! Welcome our King! Welcome Jesus, or in Hebew, Yeshua, our risen Messiah. Welcome Him into your heart tonite. Feel the love. Let Him take away the pain. We will never be complete without Him. He is our Mediator to our Heavenly Father, and no man or woman will make it without Him.

Perfect Living Water
Perfect Sinless Blood
Perfect Spirit

I know you will love this once you get into it. It is beautiful.

Old 07-19-2009, 03:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Remember that testify is the same as bearing witness.

Remember what blood is used for,,,it speaks on behalf of the innocent, for the forgiven who were guilty before God due to transgression.
Remember what water is used for,,,Living Water unto eternal life. Christ the Word made flesh.
Remember what the Spirit did when Jesus, the man, was baptized. Speaking the Truth straight from the Father.

When Jesus was pierced and died, He was emptied of the Water, the Blood, and the Spirit, for this realm, shining Light and giving Life in this darkness and conquering death, opening the Way from where we all have fallen. Zion restored. Eden opened. Inviting all who would believe to come Home, with open arms awaiting. Knock, and He will answer. Seek, and we will find. Believe, and have faith.

These three testified bearing witness to ALL of creation both in the heavens and the earth of the Perfect Lamb slain on behalf of the world. Revelations 5 and others show this. He was ressurected from a slain man, bearing the sins of the world, to the Highest of all Honor in the Kingdom.

Ladies and Gentlemen of the world! Welcome the Light! Welcome our King! Welcome Jesus, or in Hebew, Yeshua, our risen Messiah. Welcome Him into your heart tonite. Feel the love. Let Him take away the pain. We will never be complete without Him. He is our Mediator to our Heavenly Father, and no man or woman will make it without Him.

Perfect Living Water
Perfect Sinless Blood
Perfect Spirit

I know you will love this once you get into it. It is beautiful.
WHOA HotinAZ!!!!!!!
I was expecting more but I had no idea that the Holy Spirit had touch your lips to speak so boldy!!!!

I had to read your post several times just to get a 'peek' of the understanding of what has been revealed to you concerning this! Pray that I come to a deeper understanding of this because I feel like I am mentally blocked regarding these things... and I know the block is not from God because he always wants us to come to a fuller understanding of Him and his purpose.

Speak more HotinAZ so we (or at least I) may come to understand this better. Are there any suggested "good" readings on this?

Old 07-19-2009, 05:33 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,705,766 times
1John 5:6-8
6. This is He who came by water and blood—Jesus Christ; not only by water, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit who bears witness, because the Spirit is truth.
7. For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one.
8. And there are three that bear witness on earth: the Spirit, the water, and the blood; and these three agree as one.

John 1:1
1. In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 10:30
I and My Father are one.

John 15:26
26. “But when the Helper comes, whom I shall send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, He will testify of Me.

v.6 By the water Jesus' baptism showed He was God's Son and yet truly one of us. The blood was His death. He died for us. The Holy Spirit bears witness of Jesus' divine sonship, true humanity, and atoning death.

vv.7-8 The water and the blood have the same meaning as in v.6. Jesus' baptism and death are witnesses to His becoming truly human and dying for us. The Holy Spirit has inspired the Scriptures that tell of Jesus' baptism and death. He also illuminates our minds for understanding Scripture.
If we are convinced by the testimony of men, how much more should we accept what God tells us through His word confirmed by His Spirit.

John 1:31-34
31. I did not know Him; but that He should be revealed to Israel, therefore I came baptizing with water.”
32. And John bore witness, saying, “I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and He remained upon Him.
33. I did not know Him, but He who sent me to baptize with water said to me, ‘Upon whom you see the Spirit descending, and remaining on Him, this is He who baptizes with the Holy Spirit.’
34. And I have seen and testified that this is the Son of God.”

Ephesians 5:26-27
26. That He might sanctify and cleanse her with the washing of water by the word,
27. That He might present her to Himself a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing, but that she should be holy and without blemish.

John 14:17
The Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you.

Old 07-19-2009, 09:40 AM

Thank you Lord for these saints of God and for your revelation.!!!

I see, God has given us an example of this in the physical world. Water and blood is neccessary in order to sustain life but also the light (sun). Without these three things, life could not exist.

That is why in Genesis "let there be light, water and the blood was needed to cleanse Adam & Eve after their sin. And in the Levitical Law, no one is to eat the blood because "life" was in the blood.
And in the Gospels, Yeshua is the Lamb of God, the Living Water, the Light of the World... Three in One

This also holds true in the spiritual. The water baptises us through and to the Holiness of God, the blood cleanses us of our Sin and the Holy Spirit opens our mind to the understanding of the Word that we may be children of God; expressing the same character of God within us and the through our lives to others.

Through Yeshua all of this (the water, the blood, the Spirit) has been opened to us through the simple act of LOVE by dying on the cross for all that God created. And as HotinAZ said this opened up Zion and Eden and a whole lot more which we do not understand yet; making it available to us and restoring us to God and putting an end to Sin and Death.

Another Revelation!!!!This is the very reason Satan tries to prevent mankind from becoming one with each other and God...his kingdom would be utterly destroyed. He prevents unity because there is more to this sacrifice of Yeshua that has opened up to us as the Body of Christ. Through Jesus, power and authority over Darkness is available to us but because he keeps us divided, we are unable to use it as we should!! That is why Jesus said in Mark16:17,18:..

And these are the signs that will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues, they will pick up snakes with their hands and when they drink deadly poison it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people and they will get well.

I am not saying that it doesn't happen but it should be happening at a larger scale with the Body united as One Body...it should not be an occasional occurence.

This is my superfical understanding but I desire to understand even more deeply these truths about this because Yeshua's has opened up more than we can imagine!!!!

Old 07-19-2009, 09:58 AM

3,553 posts, read 5,158,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyewrist View Post
Thank you Lord for these saints of God and for your revelation.!!!

I see, God has given us an example of this in the physical world. Water and blood is neccessary in order to sustain life but also the light (sun). Without these three things, life could not exist.

That is why in Genesis "let there be light, water and the blood was needed to cleanse Adam & Eve after their sin. And in the Levitical Law, no one is to eat the blood because "life" was in the blood.
And in the Gospels, Yeshua is the Lamb of God, the Living Water, the Light of the World... Three in One

This also holds true in the spiritual. The water baptises us through and to the Holiness of God, the blood cleanses us of our Sin and the Holy Spirit opens our mind to the understanding of the Word that we may be children of God; expressing the same character of God within us and the through our lives to others.

Through Yeshua all of this (the water, the blood, the Spirit) has been opened to us through the simple act of LOVE by dying on the cross for all that God created. And as HotinAZ said this opened up Zion and Eden and a whole lot more which we do not understand yet; making it available to us and restoring us to God and putting an end to Sin and Death.

Another Revelation!!!!This is the very reason Satan tries to prevent mankind from becoming one with each other and God...his kingdom would be utterly destroyed. He prevents unity because there is more to this sacrifice of Yeshua that has opened up to us as the Body of Christ. Through Jesus, power and authority over Darkness is available to us but because he keeps us divided, we are unable to use it as we should!! That is why Jesus said in Mark16:17,18:..

And these are the signs that will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues, they will pick up snakes with their hands and when they drink deadly poison it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people and they will get well.

I am not saying that it doesn't happen but it should be happening at a larger scale with the Body united as One Body...it should not be an occasional occurence.

This is my superfical understanding but I desire to understand even more deeply these truths about this because Yeshua's has opened up more than we can imagine!!!!
Now that IS Truth my friend!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity