Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 07:37 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,659,469 times

Advertisements

...I have truly "GOOD NEWS" for all of youl!!!

You're wrong!

Romans 2 :13 For NOT the HEARERS of the LAW are just before God, BUT THE DOERS OF THE LAW SHALL BE JUSTIFIED.

The belief that you don't have to obey His laws, and your reasoning being, because Jesus took care of it on the cross...is just plain WRONG according to the Word of God Himself!!! You who think that Jesus' death on the cross took care of any responsibility you may have in "DOING" something, like OBEY His commandments...are in error!

God said so...and I will believe Him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2009, 07:39 AM

1,876 posts, read 2,390,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post

You're wrong!

Romans 2 :13 For NOT the HEARERS of the LAW are just before God, BUT THE DOERS OF THE LAW SHALL BE JUSTIFIED.

The belief that you don't have to obey His laws, and your reasoning being, because Jesus took care of it on the cross...is just plain WRONG according to the Word of God Himself!!! You who think that Jesus' death on the cross took care of any responsibility you may have in "DOING" something, like OBEY His commandments...are in error!

Jesus kept Gods Law for all of Gods people, and God views them now in Him, as though they kept it themselves..

Old 07-23-2009, 07:48 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,945,573 times
I personally do not know anyone who is a believer that doesn't understand the nature of doing something, the ones who may have tended to imply that was expressing the issue in defending themselves from someone else trying impose expectations upon them that had no right to.

From my experience people often use this passage to start deciding for someone else what they should be doing because who they observe does not live up to their satisfaction. They are wrong too.

Old 07-23-2009, 08:02 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,659,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
Jesus kept Gods Law for all of Gods people, and God views them now in Him, as though they kept it themselves..
Proove what you say with Scripture beloved...I want to see it Written ~ what you claim...show me where God's Word says that "Jesus kept God's laws for all His people, and God views them now in Him, as though they kept it themselves."

My Bible tells me in Romans 2:12-16 For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;
For NOT THE HEARERS of the law are just before God, BUT THE **DOERS** OF THE LAW SHALL BE JUSTIFIED.
For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, DO by nature the things contained in the law, these, having NOT THE LAW, are a law unto themselves:
WHICH SHOW THE WORK OF THE LAW WRITTEN IN THEIR HEARTS, THEIR CONSCIENCE ALSO BEARING WITNESS, AND THEIR THOUGHTS THE MEAN WHILE ACCUSING OR ELSE EXCUSING ONE ANOTHER.

Old 07-23-2009, 08:06 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,526,395 times
Verna, you really need to learn to read Scripture in its proper context. Picking and choosing verses to validate pre-conceived opinion is the pathway to error which many of us have trodden before.

For instance, notice that Romans 2 begins with the word, "Therefore." That's a reference back to Chapter 1. Start there and read the whole thing.

Old 07-23-2009, 08:11 AM

3,260 posts, read 6,758,372 times
I just get sooooo tired of those deluded into thinking they have this nice greasy grace ride to salvation doing absolutely NOTHING as it was all done for them. That statement is NOWHERE to be found in scripture. At least not in the scripture I read from the Aramaic and Hebrew. Perhaps the urch distorted things so badly as to get folks to believe there's a free train ride to heaven sorry to tell them that is just as much fantasy as the rapture is. All contrived by men

Old 07-23-2009, 08:20 AM

6,657 posts, read 8,127,889 times
My view which I believe is what scripture says, and I think agrees with Verna's OP:

We are not righteous by doing nothing. We are righteous by doing good and doing right.

No "greasy grace ride" to righteousness...

However it is God's goodness that works in us to do that good, and leads us on to repent. God makes us righteous by teaching us how to do good. I don't think He's finished yet either...

Old 07-23-2009, 08:26 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,177,133 times
My dogs would probably eat it, so let's beat this horse until it's ground meat.

The life of Christ as it's applied to us through the application of the cross changes us into doers of the word. We are to be changed as we partake of His life. It's the seed within us that makes us holy, not the flesh that does this or that. (Eph 2:9)

The fruit of that Life is a faithful child of God - so let's make our focus Him, and as we gaze upon Him we are changed.

Old 07-23-2009, 08:31 AM

4,655 posts, read 5,068,266 times
Quote:

You're wrong!

So have you been holding to the Law?

Old 07-23-2009, 08:47 AM

7,996 posts, read 12,272,809 times
Quote:

Jesus took care of it on the cross...is just plain WRONG according to the Word of God Himself!!!

Trust me, everything in me hesitates and resists posting this, but from what I've been told, led to understand, and trust in having heard (despite who I am or what I may be) it all starts with the sacrifice on the cross, and why that took place.

How that could be dismissed, negated, or otherwise debated is a mystery even to this person.

That's all June can say for now...

Last edited by june 7th; 07-23-2009 at 10:00 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity