Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 05:42 AM

2,339 posts, read 4,401,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
Then you're a heretic and have no right to call yourself a Christian.

No...YOU'RE a heretic passing judgment around like you are special or something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2009, 06:16 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,966,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
This forum has become somewhat overrun by universalists and their ilk.
Maybe God is trying to gently lead you into the more glorious understanding of His goal for all mankind?

Old 07-29-2009, 08:32 AM

240 posts, read 437,260 times
The gospel is simple but because man /woman wants to sin they take the wordof god and twist it in their minds rather the devil the deviever is walking to and fro entering into the heart of man to twist the word ofgod

Old 07-30-2009, 04:20 AM

229 posts, read 332,096 times
Quote:
This forum has become somewhat overrun by universalists and their ilk. Maybe a forum for them would be ok. They don't belong in the Christian forum, as they're not Christians.

I see you are not merely content with going to the atheist/agnostic and Religion and Philosphy section to antogonize them, and causing trouble like you did by starting a thread about their morality,which was rightfully and duly closed, and don't you worry, if you are meant to be a shining example of what a christian is and how a christian should conduct themself, then I'm only too happy not to wear the same label as you

To answer the question you so often ask the atheist/agnostics in order to aggravate them with almost each and every post you make : Where does an atheist get their morals from

Rom 2:14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:
Rom 2:15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another

Old 07-30-2009, 12:39 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,622,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Hi, differences in beliefs on some of these subjects have been in existence down through time. It is not a new thing. It is good to study God's word and discuss. These are discussion forums and I am thankful that we can share with one another. Hopefully all are seeking the truth. God bless.
This is not a discussion forum.......it's a univeralist free-for-all. There's nothing Christian about that or univeralism.

Old 07-30-2009, 06:22 PM

5,493 posts, read 7,338,677 times
As much as I'm tempted by every wind of doctrine, and confess I do appreciate a well formed debate, the foundation of my faith is very simple.

Jesus was controversial to say the least, when ask to provided a prayer, He began it with "Our Father", or Abba, or better yet Daddy.

A trusting child of a perfectly loving and just "Father", is where I start, and stop.

Old 07-30-2009, 06:42 PM

1,711 posts, read 1,902,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by queenlisa View Post
The gospel is simple but because man /woman wants to sin they take the wordof god and twist it in their minds rather the devil the deviever is walking to and fro entering into the heart of man to twist the word ofgod
  • Psalms 18:25 With the merciful you show yourself merciful; with the blameless man you show yourself blameless; 26 with the purified you show yourself pure; and with the crooked you make yourself seem tortuous.

Old 07-30-2009, 06:45 PM

14,880 posts, read 17,156,182 times
Quote:
This is not a discussion forum.......it's a univeralist free-for-all. There's nothing Christian about that or univeralism.
Please, Ilene, all of the threads are not on Universalism Those who believe in the eventual restoration of all to God are Christians/believers and the belief/teaching is very much Christian/scriptural. God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 07-30-2009 at 06:55 PM..

Old 07-31-2009, 07:18 AM

240 posts, read 437,260 times
We can discuss many religions,we can sit here online and pass judgement on one another,and we can go as far asto trying to make people believe as we do but the bottom line is that we have to work out our own soul salvation.Remember not everybody is going to be saved,not everyone is going to heaven,so unless Jesus do the drawing,there will be no change in mans desire to know a living God.There are many religions that are MAN MADE,and God has nothing to do with it.So there is no need in getting into name calling or any arguments,just sit back and watch whose GOD WILL ANSWER BY FIRE

Old 07-31-2009, 09:34 AM

7,784 posts, read 14,886,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
I am just totally amazed at the extremism, the wide disparity of opinion and doctrine expressed on this forum. What happened to the simplicity of the gospel?
Like, for example: who will, and will not, be saved. Most of my life I was taught by my pastors and teachers for decades that the gospel is fairly simple. That by faith, one can come to Jesus, ask forgiveness of their sin, ask for Him to save them, and ask Him to help us live a daily life of newness in faith, newness in the spirit...to become a new creature in Christ.

But now, in reading various threads, I see so many are saying that "no, it's not like that", that EVERYONE will eventually be saved, including the most vile, sinful, anti-God, satanic persons who have ever lived. (!) (I can just picture God dragging them screaming and protesting into Heaven...like it or not, faith or no faith, they're gonna go!...)

Then there is the other extreme: you can become a believer, get saved, then are "kinda-sorta ok", until you commit the slightest little sin (doesn't matter what it is) That you gotta walk on egg shells all your life, worrying that you might screw up. And that if you do, then you are hopelessly and totally lost again. But, not just "plain old lost" like before: now you are really lost, because now there is no more forgiveness from God for you! You are history! Like, might as well stop going to church...doesn't matter that you still believe, because now all hope is gone. (better carry a bottle of pills for those jittery nerves, knowing that you might screw up at any moment...) (oh wait...that might be a sin too...)

Just had to comment at all the recent bickering and arguing back and forth (however polite it may be) over who is, or isn't, going to "make it". We have made salvation so utterly complicated. I still believe it's a simple choice, just like the Bible says: "choose ye this day whom you will serve"... (who have you chosen to serve?) It's a daily choice. It is people (churches) who make it so highly complicated and difficult: "you gotta do this, you gotta do that, you can't do this, you can't do that, you can't wear this, you can't wear that, you can listen to this music but not that music, you have to believe how we believe, you gotta join our church, you have to agree with our doctrine", blah, blah, etc, etc...the "special rules" are endless...

Are you a Christian who's "screwed up"? (haven't we all) Got away from God? Got involved in some sin? Well, stop! Come on back! Ask the Lord to forgive you! Then serve Him! There is hope for all who will come to Him!

Bud
So wise.

Comforting that ever so often....once in a few blue moons.....a Christ centered post actually shows up. I miss what 'used to be'......now deception and half truths reign supreme here, Bud, but thank you for such a great OP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity