U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 03:19 PM

2,560 posts, read 5,534,139 times

Advertisements

If you want to know about Heresy in the Catholic Church, go to a Catholic site and read about them. You won't find your answers on any other site, just lies and Catholic bashing.

The Great Heresies

http//:www.catholic.com
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2009, 04:28 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,028,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okiegirlfriend View Post
If you want to know about Heresy in the Catholic Church, go to a Catholic site and read about them. You won't find your answers on any other site, just lies and Catholic bashing.

The Great Heresies

http//:www.catholic.com
Quote:
Protestantism (16th Century)

Protestant groups display a wide variety of different doctrines. However, virtually all claim to believe in the teachings of sola scriptura ("by Scripture alone"—the idea that we must use only the Bible when forming our theology) and sola fide ("by faith alone"— the idea that we are justified by faith only).

The great diversity of Protestant doctrines stems from the doctrine of private judgment, which denies the infallible authority of the Church and claims that each individual is to interpret Scripture for himself. This idea is rejected in 2 Peter 1:20, where we are told the first rule of Bible interpretation: "First of all you must understand this, that no prophecy of Scripture is a matter of one’s own interpretation." A significant feature of this heresy is the attempt to pit the Church "against" the Bible, denying that the magisterium has any infallible authority to teach and interpret Scripture.

The doctrine of private judgment has resulted in an enormous number of different denominations. According to The Christian Sourcebook, there are approximately 20-30,000 denominations, with 270 new ones being formed each year. Virtually all of these are Protestant.
Protestantism ... So all protestants according to the catholic church are heretics. At least this page is honest about how the catholic church believes concerning non-catholic Christians.

Old 07-24-2009, 04:31 PM

1,139 posts, read 1,646,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Protestantism ... So all protestants according to the catholic church are heretics. At least this page is honest about how the catholic church believes concerning non-catholic Christians.
Doesn't mean we still don't love you

Old 07-24-2009, 04:48 PM

19,011 posts, read 27,866,648 times
Quote:
The prodigal sons can always return

Daughters too (When this happens, I'll give full attendance )

Old 07-24-2009, 04:52 PM

Oh we have ample history to show how the catholic church likes to deal with "heretics" and "blasphemers" ... If only humans were not so "civilized" now days. Don't worry, i'm sure the Church will get its chance to whack off a few more heads before its all said and done. Just a little more of that martyrs blood! ... Yum!

Old 07-24-2009, 04:57 PM

The catholic church controls most of the fundamentalist protestant Churches anyway ...

Old 07-24-2009, 05:03 PM

2,560 posts, read 5,534,139 times
Quote:
The catholic church controls most of the fundamentalist protestant Churches anyway ...
How so?

Old 07-24-2009, 05:10 PM

Through politics and economy. Through the use of espionage and "other forms" of subversive activities. They are largely responsible for the fact that the protestant denominations are so divided in the first place. Through the Jesuits and other organizations ... Anyway, i digress ... The catholic church is also largely responsible for Islam as well. Anyone interested should check out "the Fatima connection" ....

Old 07-24-2009, 05:24 PM

19,011 posts, read 27,866,648 times
Quote:
Oh we have ample history to show how the catholic church likes to deal with "heretics" and "blasphemers" ... If only humans were not so "civilized" now days. Don't worry, i'm sure the Church will get its chance to whack off a few more heads before its all said and done. Just a little more of that martyrs blood! ... Yum!
Well, shut that maw up and think about the banquet Daddy will throw for you, brother

It sorta ticks me off but Daddy assures me it's all mine anyway, hehe.

Quote:
They are largely responsible for the fact that the protestant denominations are so divided in the first place.
We're having a pass the buck situation here.

For a fact, it's been a long standing phenomenon that the multi-million protestants on the face of the earth are a confused lot, like a pack of kids in a cry room. They all cry

Old 07-24-2009, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Well, shut that maw up and think about the banquet Daddy will throw for you, brother

It sorta ticks me off but Daddy assures me it's all mine anyway, hehe.

We're having a pass the buck situation here.

For a fact, it's been a long standing phenomenon that the multi-million protestants on the face of the earth are a confused lot, like a pack of kids in a cry room. They all cry

I'm not sure exactly what you said, but im sure it really means something to you ... so ...

I don't think the "Fun de' mentalist" denominations are much better. Whores and harlots the lot of em'. Chips off the old block you could say, "yessirrebob".

The ol' mustard tree is full of the fouls of the heaven ... And them foul are good at stealing that seed before it can ever take root!

It seems that the whole lump is leavened ... Methinks things are changing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity