Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 08:52 AM

14,867 posts, read 17,143,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
All that love is, God is, for God is love. As the negative side of love is unselfish - seeketh not her own - so her positive side is concern for others, a deep, ardent, all consuming concern: dauntless, self-sacrificing, invincible. “Love never faileth.” Such is the divine essence and this it is that is imparted to the creature.

There can be no self-complacency with God, neither could He provide a self-satisfied salvation. Divine joy is in the fullness of love, and love is all-embracing. To speak of a happy shepherd with an incomplete flock, or even of a happy flock with comrades missing, would be to malign both sheep and shepherd.

Heaven’s joys will be full only when sin’s sorrow cease. “Tis of mine” will be the yearning cry of the Good Shepherd spirit in the bosom of both saint and Saviour until the last of all the lost has been gathered home. Love cannot omit; His soul travail was for all. Neither can love abandon or forget. His purpose, as His promise, is “until He find it”. Thus it is that He is yet to “see of the travail of His soul and be satisfied.” And surely we too shall be satisfied when conformed to this likeness. Oh, the fullness of heaven’s joy when sin’s sorrows shall have ceased!
Beautiful, Rodger, and so very true Thank you for sharing and God bless.

Old 08-11-2009, 09:10 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,405,284 times
Default And thank you for expressing your appreciation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Beautiful, Rodger, and so very true Thank you for sharing and God bless.
And thank you for expressing your appreciation.
I appreciate that.

Old 08-11-2009, 09:27 AM

You're welcome, Rodger God bless.

Old 08-11-2009, 09:38 AM

229 posts, read 332,006 times
Default I experienced it myself

Thanks for bumping this thread up Rodger

The same nightmare that you went through started unexpectedly for me, at the beginning of last year, it's mainly over now, but I still get occasional moments when I go through it

It's a long boring story how it actually got started, however I can say that I'm not the same person I was before then, I never dreamed 2 years ago that I would be sitting here on this forum, admitting something like this to the world, my own husband doesn't even know how I've suffered as a result of this, I try keep it as quiet as I can until I am sure

I may be difficult to deal with sometimes, but this has taken a toll on me mentally and I'm on edge all the time, this by far has been the worst experience of my life, it's not over yet, I battle to sleep or concentrate properly

Old 08-11-2009, 09:53 AM

Default It took me tewelve years to recover

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisonminnie View Post

The same nightmare that you went through started unexpectedly for me, at the beginning of last year, it's mainly over now, but I still get occasional moments when I go through it

It's a long boring story how it actually got started, however I can say that I'm not the same person I was before then, I never dreamed 2 years ago that I would be sitting here on this forum, admitting something like this to the world, my own husband doesn't even know how I've suffered as a result of this, I try keep it as quiet as I can until I am sure

I may be difficult to deal with sometimes, but this has taken a toll on me mentally and I'm on edge all the time, this by far has been the worst experience of my life, it's not over yet, I battle to sleep or concentrate properly
Be patient with yourself Alison.
I am confident that you will fully recover.
It took me twelve years to recover.

I think recovery is accelerated by exposure to people like beloved 57 whose sole purpose for being on this forum seems to be to try to convince all of the other members here that thay are all going to suffer forever in hell.

On the WHAT ABOUT HELL? thread I asked him why he can't find something better to do with his time. He hasn't answered yet.

I have never before encountered head on such extreme hyper-Calvinism!
UNBELIEVABLE

Old 08-11-2009, 10:09 PM

320 posts, read 449,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgertutt View Post
MORE GOOD STUFF!

THE CHURCH FATHERS TESTIFY
To The Ultimate Triumph Of Jesus Christ
The Church Fathers Testify To The Ultimate Triumph Of Jesus Christ. (http://www.gtft.org/Library/miscellaneous/ChurchFathers.htm - broken link)
Thank You!

Keep it coming rodger! awesome

Old 08-11-2009, 10:43 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,615,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgertutt View Post
I have never before encountered head on such extreme hyper-Calvinism!
UNBELIEVABLE
You and me both Rodger. AND he says he and God will be "laughing out loud" at the fate of the damned.

Old 08-12-2009, 12:24 AM

Quote:

Thank you for sharing, Alison. May God bless you with His peace and healing. God bless.

Old 08-12-2009, 01:06 AM

193 posts, read 289,157 times
Hey Allison.

I suffered for the better part of 15 years. I was Baptized in Jesus name. Wondeful, wonderful experience I'd recommend strongly to anyone. But the denomination I belonged to didn't take long in burying me in my failures, and the weight of sin, and works.

About a year and a half ago I started studying UR and CU and haven't looked back. God's love has never been bigger. The first moment God's plan opens up it is jaw dropping to say the least. When you go from hearing 99.5 will be lost to seeing God had everyone in the plan from the start. That's when you really start understanding love. 1 Timothy 4:10 was the first one to shatter my perceptions.

As far as beloved is conscerened. God is Love and I've never seen an ounce of love in one of his posts. Even when he finds out someone has something in common with him(rare, and that's a good thing), he tries to find indifference imediatley. In my book that's an elitist.

God so loved the whole world.

Old 08-12-2009, 04:53 AM

Default I am a "Christian Biblical Universal Transformationist."

I am a "Christian Biblical Universal Transformationist."
The Restitution of All Things
See especially the very last paragraph on that link.

I’m convinced that after we have thought the very best thoughts about God, we can be sure that He is even better than that because He is able to do above what we can even think, Ephesians 3:20. And IMHO I cannot think any higher thoughts than universal transformation.

I believe that after our resurrection from the dead God will eventually somehow transform every second of everyone's suffering into something better that it happened.
That includes both the unexplained and unjustifiable suffering that we all experience in varying degrees, as well as what the Bible calls "kolasis aionion" which means age-during corrective chastisement that everyone who needs it will experience.

I believe that God will eventually fit every unique individual into His master plan in a positive way that necessitates their unique temporary involvement in evil and suffering that will enable God to manifest, and glorify, and magnify the many facets of His character in a way that uniquely involves that person, and everyone else involved in that person’s life too.

I believe that God has both the ability and the intention to save all fallen creatures from everything from which they need to be saved, and He will not fail to do so.

I believe that God's determination, within the wise counsel of His DECRETIVE will which is that which MUST occur, to eventually rid all of creation from suffering, will in every case, overcome the strongest will that is temporarily opposed to God's PRECEPTIVE will which is what His creatures OUGHT to do.

I believe the only mistake that I am probably making is in grossly underestimating just how gloriously God will achieve this universal transformation through what Christ accomplished for everyone by His death and resurrection, through the power in the blood of his cross.
That is the kind of God that I see in the Bible.

Realizing that he is including everyone without exception, the following quote by universalist Dr. Leslie Weatherhead nicely sums up what I believe.
“God’s purposes are so vast and glorious, beyond all guessing now, that when they are achieved and consummated, all our sufferings and sorrows of today, even the agonies that nearly break our faith, the disasters that well nigh overwhelm us, shall, seen from that fair country where God’s age long dreams come true, bulk as little as bulk now the pieces of a broken toy upon a nursery floor, over which, thinking that all our little world was in ruins, we cried ourselves to sleep.”

Regarding “the son of perdition” click on
Bible Threatenings Explained
then scroll down to
THE SON OF PERDITION

SATAN’S SALVATION ETCETERA - Grace super-exceeding!!!

THE OUTCOME OF INFINITE GRACE – Dr. Loyal Hurley
an online scriptural exposition - recommended reading
The Outcome of Infinite Grace

It would have been easy for God to impress upon Satan that it would not temporarily be in his best interest to choose evil, but God didn’t do that because He had (has) an eonian plan to use the temporary existence of evil and suffering to teach lessons. Then at the consummation of God’s plan for the ages of time God will eradicate evil and suffering from existence.
The eons of the Bible With Concordance, God’s purpose of the eons.

Since all of creation is in the Son of God’s love, through Whom God delights to reconcile all, whether those on the earth or those in the heavens, there is no more reason to suppose that Satan (and Judas and Hitler and Stalin) are not included therein than that any other creature is not included therein.

Therefore, it must be that that notable creature who had rightly long been termed “the Adversary,” is very much included in the reconciliation of the universe, at which time this title (“Adversary” or “Satan”) necessarily will no longer apply, since he will be reconciled and be at peace.

A time is coming when Satan himself, the instigator of human opposition and dissension will be beneath our feet. Rom. 16:20.
Now he dominates the actions of many a saint. But later his place and power will be taken from him and we will be above him, able to subdue and control the one who, next to our flesh, was the cause of most of our miseries. Just as the enemies of Christ will figuratively find themselves a footstool for His feet, so will the greatest of all our enemies be placed beneath our power.

But best of all, we will not retaliate. We will not use our authority to further alienate and estrange Satan from God or from ourselves. We, to whom conciliation was first presented, will be conciliatory to all, and be able to bring back all our enemies into the circle of friendship and conciliation with God.

Doubtless due to Satan’s machinations, we cannot now even bring about peace among ourselves. But then all our own differences will have been dissolved, and we will be able to bring it to our erstwhile enemy in the spirit world, the Adversary himself.

Satan is an enemy of God, and must be included among the enemies reconciled to God by the blood of Christ's cross, one of those "in heaven." Since death is the last enemy, then Satan must be reconciled to God prior to the destruction of death, and the subsequent emptying of death, and the presentation of the whole reconciled universe to God, when God becomes All in all.
Reconciliation in the Heavens

C.S. Lewis wrote, “The greatest surprise for Satan will occur when he learns that he has been perfectly doing the will of God all along.”

Personally I think the greatest demonstration of God’s grace in action among the celestials will be when Satan bows in humble submission and love in front of His Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

Any hell that anyone will experience the Bible calls "kolasis aionian," which means age-during corrective chastisement.
Chapter Eleven

It is limited in duration, and corrective in purpose.
AIÓN -- AIÓNIOS
Matthew 25:46 - “Aionian” or “Eternal”

I think that everyone who needs it will experience just the right amount of what the Bible calls "kolasis aionian" which means "age-during corrective chastisement."
See The Lake of Fire

I BELIEVE THAT NO ONE IS BEYOND THE REACH OF GOD'S GRACE WHICH IS ABLE TO SUCCESSFULLY INFLUENCE THE MOST STUBBORN OF WILLS AND WILL NOT FAIL TO DO SO.

We universal reconciliationists believe that because of the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ and the power in the blood of His cross, God will eventually transform all evil and suffering into something better that it happened for everyone, and when evil and suffering has served God’s eonian purpose, God will eradicate them both from existence.

CHRIST TRIUMPHANT - Thomas Allin (an online scriptural exposition)
Christ Triumphant by Thomas Allin

THE SAVIOUR OF THE WORLD SERIES
Savior of the World Series
Kingdom Bible Studies: J. Preston Eby, Kingdom of God; Saviour of The World

ABSOLUTE ASSURANCE IN JESUS CHRIST
absolute assurance in jesus christ
Absolute Assurance
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity