Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2009, 03:18 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,101,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Hi Beloved. I'm a universalist and I don't believe that the devil CAN be saved. The Devil is a reference to the collective carnal nature of man in my opinion. It is the dross of the metal that shall be removed in the refiners fire. Is is the filth of the garment that will be removed by fuller's soap.

Paul
Agree on every point.

Repped.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2009, 03:26 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,903,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForHimByHim View Post
Universalist don't care anything about GOD. They simply enjoy playing games with those who are the Children of GOD. They are all liars.

Having made this point extremely clear, I shall be happy if the unis don't speak to me any more.

Your entitled to your opinion, but you may have to stop making yourself available in a public manner to keep us from speaking to you.

Old 07-27-2009, 04:37 PM

14,643 posts, read 16,986,551 times
Quote:
Amen Shana. God has a desire to the work of His hands. All is out of Him and by Him and for Him. He is LOVE. His mercy endureth forever. He has a desire to the work of His hands and He will do all that He desires for none can stay His hand. He is far wiser, patient, and loving than any of us can ever imagine. Tho he casts aside for a time he will restore His banished ones. When His judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants will learn righteousness.

Not care about God? He is our every breath, our life.
Amen. God bless.

Old 07-27-2009, 05:54 PM

428 posts, read 796,440 times
To answer the OP...yes, it is a Godly thought to desire all men be saved. It is what God, our Heavenly Father, desires, is it not?

We are also instructed by Jesus to pray for God's will to be done on earth. The Bible clearly states that God desires (wills) that all come into the Knowledge of the Truth.

Amen.

Old 07-27-2009, 07:17 PM

6,370 posts, read 6,985,269 times
The ETs will argue that God ONLY desires that all men be saved. Is there scriptures to show that God gets what He desires? (there is but I will leave to others to find them).

Paul

Old 07-27-2009, 07:17 PM

14,643 posts, read 16,986,551 times
Amen, daddythreepointoh. God bless.

Old 07-27-2009, 09:03 PM

14 posts, read 18,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Or should we just be content with just thinking that with what the church teaches, that only a few shall be saved ?
you ask a weirds questions for someone apparently claiming christian title.

God wants none to perish...so godly thought.

and the church is teaching what jesus taught....only a few saved....look it up....he was asked about it.

read your bible and believe it.

you seem content on believing what feels good to you.

i cannot blame you, but God can.

Old 07-27-2009, 09:08 PM

37,336 posts, read 28,038,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .c.h.i.c.k.e.n.w.i.n.g. View Post
you ask a weirds questions for someone apparently claiming christian title.

God wants none to perish...so godly thought.

and the church is teaching what jesus taught....only a few saved....look it up....he was asked about it.

read your bible and believe it.

you seem content on believing what feels good to you.

i cannot blame you, but God can.
I am not a christian , and i read my bible and see all will be saved , feels good ???? you are having a giraffe , if God desires all to be saved then i would prefer to be in agreement with Him than what the church tries to force feed you into believing .

Old 07-27-2009, 09:13 PM

14 posts, read 18,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I am not a christian

that clears much up.

i didn't know this.

makes sense now....but why share your unchristian beliefs in pplace called 'christianity'.....that seems very deceitful...but maybe i'm drinking again!

Old 07-27-2009, 09:16 PM

37,336 posts, read 28,038,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .c.h.i.c.k.e.n.w.i.n.g. View Post
that clears much up.

i didn't know this.

makes sense now....but why share your unchristian beliefs in pplace called 'christianity'.....that seems very deceitful...but maybe i'm drinking again!
When i say i am not a christian i mean i do not accept the traditions and doctrines of the church i believe the bible instead.No you have probably not been drinking , i on the other hand have enjoyed a bottle of Shiraz this evening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity