U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 07:04 PM

34,618 posts, read 22,846,977 times

Advertisements

Or should we just be content with just thinking that with what the church teaches, that only a few shall be saved ?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2009, 07:09 PM

8,989 posts, read 13,107,347 times
Godly is understanding and accepting God's omnipotence and His sovereignty. We should just believe the truth.

Old 07-26-2009, 07:12 PM

22,044 posts, read 31,320,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Or should we just be content with just thinking that with what the church teaches, that only a few shall be saved ?
We should be telling people about Jesus and how they can be saved NOW. The Bible teaches not everyone will be saved.

Old 07-26-2009, 07:14 PM

60,041 posts, read 78,597,323 times
i dont want paradise to be full of varmints

Old 07-26-2009, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
We should be telling people about Jesus and how they can be saved NOW. The Bible teaches not everyone will be saved.
Doesn't believing only a few shall be saved kind of discourage you from sharing the gospel some what .Also doesn't it cause you to be just a little exclusive ? thinking you are one of the few.

Would be nice if someone answered the question on the thread .

Old 07-26-2009, 07:30 PM

6,370 posts, read 6,089,644 times
Quote:
To believe that God will NOT save everyone is to believe that God gave people life for the purpose of destroying them forever since God knows the END from the beginning. It also would mean that Jesus fails to save the World and that SIN will get a HOME (call Hell) and that SIN will have everlasting dominion over its subjects.

Let's face the TRUTH here. Anyone that believe that God will not save everyone MUST believe that God does not desire to save everyone OR that God is unwilling to save everyone. The scriptures plainly refute both views:

1Ti 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

That verses shows that God does indeed desire to save all men.

2Pe 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

That verse shows that God is not willing that any should perish.

So if God desires to save all men and is NOT willing that ANY should perish then it is IMPOSSIBLE for anyone to NOT be saved. The result is UNIVERSAL SALVATION.

These scriptures refute any contrary assertion.

Paul

Old 07-26-2009, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Doesn't believing only a few shall be saved kind of discourage you from sharing the gospel some what .Also doesn't it cause you to be just a little exclusive ? thinking you are one of the few.

Would be nice if someone answered the question on the thread .
Just the opposite, it encourages me to tell people about Jesus, so people can get saved before it's too late. Exclusive, no way, Jesus died for everyone, not just a few.

Old 07-26-2009, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Just the opposite, it encourages me to tell people about Jesus, so people can get saved before it's too late. Exclusive, no way, Jesus died for everyone, not just a few.
What was the point in dying for everyone, when only a few believe/are saved ?

Old 07-26-2009, 07:39 PM

Quote:
What was the point in dying for everyone, when only a few believe/are saved ?
Jesus would have for just me or just you if we were the only people who were going to believe.

Old 07-26-2009, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Jesus would have for just me or just you if we were the only people who were going to believe.
Well i am thankful ILNC it's not just about you and me(i know you are not saying that) , i am overwhelmed by His wonderful love that will cause all men to bow the knee and confess that Jesus Christ is Lord.

I still wish that someone would answer the question in the title of the thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity