Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 08:06 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,560,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
The good news of the gospel is ALL about JESUS , not God destroying Egyptians,Midianites,the ground opening up beneath, floods and famines.

Can you not see why the gospel of the church is rejected.

The gospel of the church is one of Judgement, threats and put downs.

A gentle answer turns away wrath a harsh word stirreth up anger.

18 All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: 19that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting men's sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation. 20We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ's behalf: Be reconciled to God. 21God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

This truelly is good news beyond our wildest imaginations

We are ambassadors of good news not bad news.

We know for a fact that ALL will bow and confess Jesus Christ as Lord, if you want to slander the character of God by saying He is going to force by fear the lost to bow and confess , i hope you can live with that, because this is not the God i know and whom i trust in.
Of course the gospel of the church is rejected!, it's the true gospel and the bible prophesies it. If you are preaching a gospel that is embraced by the world of unbelievers then you are giving a false gospel
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2009, 08:09 AM

What is the good news pcamp since I am already going to heaven. I don't need to change my life, I can go on living the same way I am now so where is the good news?

Old 07-29-2009, 08:18 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
What is the good news pcamp since I am already going to heaven. I don't need to change my life, I can go on living the same way I am now so where is the good news?
No one as even suggested such an awful scenario .

This is where we are oceans apart . I truelly believe anyone whom the Lord as brought to Himself and apprehended as no desire to live how they want to. Believing the gospel of the church you will never know if you are coming or going , because it's contradictory at every turn.

This why the church gospel is a false gospel and rejected Hypocrisy

Regarding changing your life , you will be of all men most miserable if you ever attempt to even change your life.

It's the goodness of God that leads a man to repentance, and God conforming you to the image of His Son.

Old 07-29-2009, 08:20 AM

6,657 posts, read 8,125,535 times
Quote:
What do you mean "living the same way I am now"?

Do you sin all the time right now? Would you rather live a sinful carnal lifestyle, rather than trying to be obedient to God?

Old 07-29-2009, 08:23 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post

Do you sin all the time right now? Would you rather live a sinful carnal lifestyle, rather than trying to be obedient to God?
I think He is referring to a believer/unbeliever living how they want to.

When you come into the realization of how wonderful Jesus really is , you cease from works and enter his rest.

Sorry i know it's got of topic

Old 07-29-2009, 08:24 AM

Quote:
No one as even suggested such an awful scenario .

This is where we are oceans apart . I truelly believe anyone whom the Lord as brought to Himself and apprehended as no desire to live how they want to. Believing the gospel of the church you will never know if you are coming or going , because it's contradictory at every turn.

This why the church gospel is a false gospel and rejected Hypocrisy

Regarding changing your life , you will be of all men most miserable if you ever attempt to even change your life.

It's the goodness of God that leads a man to repentance, and God conforming you to the image of His Son.

Yes oceans apart is right. The church teaches you are saved from eternal torment. By saying a prayer, you don't get tortured forever, but if you still sin once and a while, wink wink no problem you said the prayer right?

But the truth is God saves us from our sinful lifestyle by converting us so we no longer desire to sin but instead desire to be obedient to God. It is a process.

Ask a drunk on the street who lives in the cardboard box if he likes his lifestyle or if he would like to be saved from it. Sin leads to destruction (I'm not talking about eternal hell). It leads to destruction of your life. You will end up eating with the pigs like the prodigal son if you follow your sinful nature.

Old 07-29-2009, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post

I asked, what is the good news and what makes us righteous?

Old 07-29-2009, 08:27 AM

Quote:
I think He is referring to a believer/unbeliever living how they want to.

Yes I realize that, but the way He asked it... if I am already going to heaven, why do I need to change my life?

The point is its not about getting to heaven. Its about realizing how awful sin is and how it leads to destruction. Sin has a way of tempting you, it looks like fun, but you will pay for it later.

Do URs say you can sin and still be saved? NO a thousand times NO! Because if you are still desiring to sin, you are not saved yet. Like I said it is a process. No one is truly saved from sin until they have been raised incorruptible and immortal. At that point they will never sin again.

Old 07-29-2009, 08:29 AM

Quote:
I asked, what is the good news and what makes us righteous?
The good news is that sin won't always exist. Jesus takes away the sin of the world. We will be delivered from sin eventually. And that is what will make us righteous. When we are delivered from sin, we will no longer sin, therefore we will be righteous, because we won't sin.

Old 07-29-2009, 08:31 AM

14,867 posts, read 17,143,188 times
Yes, Jesus was sent to be the Savior of the world and He will accomplish the mission. God bless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity