Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 09:21 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,965,181 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
LOL.....Ya according to your "bible" I am very scriptural my friend. God ONLY saves those that BELIEVE....where in what I said, is being disobedient? hmmmmmmm?????????
Quote:
How so other than your presuppostions and strawmans not to mention your ONE sole book you take translations from ONE man?
Dear disobedient one, as usual, not true.

If anyone cares to search my posts they will find I quote a number of different translations. But the Concordant Literal New Testament is in my estimation the more accurate.

So, disobedient one, when are you going to start taking the "dis" off of "disobedient" and start being obedient to Jesus?

He said to charge and teach that "God will have all mankind to be saved" and "God is the Saviour of all mankind, especially (not exclusively) them that believe (1 Tim.2:4-6; 4:10) THESE THINGS COMMAND AND TEACH.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2009, 09:45 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,563,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Dear disobedient one, as usual, not true.

If anyone cares to search my posts they will find I quote a number of different translations. But the Concordant Literal New Testament is in my estimation the more accurate.

So, disobedient one, when are you going to start taking the "dis" off of "disobedient" and start being obedient to Jesus?

He said to charge and teach that "God will have all mankind to be saved" and "God is the Saviour of all mankind, especially (not exclusively) them that believe (1 Tim.2:4-6; 4:10) THESE THINGS COMMAND AND TEACH.
LOL....So what if you use different books, that means nothing, it is your interpretation that is important.

I say that all the time. God saves the who world, THAT BELIEVES. What is so hard?

Old 07-30-2009, 09:47 AM

6,657 posts, read 8,127,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Hi Eusebius,

Gal 6:10 is a good parallel to 1 Tim 4:10.

Gal 6:10 Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.

Should we only do good to believers and bad to everyone else? Or should we do good to all people?

Old 07-30-2009, 10:04 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,965,181 times
Quote:
LOL....So what if you use different books, that means nothing, it is your interpretation that is important.

I say that all the time. God saves the who world, THAT BELIEVES. What is so hard?

The who world? Is that the world of Who? You've been reading The Grinch Who Stole Christmas.

Old 07-30-2009, 12:21 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,759,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Eusebius, I notice that most UR's quotes from Paul come from 1 & 2 Timothy, written in Paul's later years. He seems to have soften his stance over the decades on hell-fire, removing himself from the earlier positions he held that sinners would suffer the wrath of God for their sins. In this he appears to have become double-minded, when all the epistles are taken together. Consequently, I'm uncomfortable reading him, when trying to determine the truth or fallacy of ET. Anyone else get this feeling of discomfort over Paul's teachings on UR?

Unfortunately, scripture contradicts scripture all over the place--hence, these raging debates with no resolution in sight. To everyone's credit, you all have solid scriptural foundation for your various positions. I find that commendable--and scary. We may all be searching out the mysteries, but I have serious doubts will get any of the answers until we stand in eternity. Satan and his minions have done a thoroughly excellent job of polluting God's Word so effectively that the real truths may never be uncovered in this life. So be it. The search goes on....and on...and on..and on....

When the bunch of us stand before God, 66.6666% of us will be wrong--33.3333% will be right. I hope the Lord has mercy on the 66.6666% who are wrong if the ET's turn out to be the ones who were right all along because the the other 66.6666% will have led an awful lot of souls down the path to eternal torment. Of course if the UR's turn out to be right we're all lying in a bed or roses without a worry in the world--this world and the one to come.
Thrillobyte ... I don't feel that the bible is so contrary as you do. Once it is accepted that judgment of fire is for the purpose of purification, then it all begins to make sense. Paul never once mentions Gehenna, is that simply because he didn't want to hurt peoples feelings? Or is it because Gehenna was not really an issue? Jesus used it in his ministry only a few times i believe in order to make an analogy of the destruction Israel would face, and the destruction at his second coming. The concept of hell in the afterlife is mysteriously missing when you realize that hades and sheol mean grave and not hell. And when you realize Gehenna is a literal place on earth.

The real problem is the institutional interpretation of scripture which we have from the traditional sources. It is in their interest to teach hell and eternal torture, because it insures their business which is the trafficking of souls to put it bluntly. They have to keep the laity afraid at all times in order to control them. The doctrines of eternal hell is nothing but a malicious control measure and is derived not from scripture, but from pagan fantasy and mythology.

Old 07-30-2009, 12:28 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,759,564 times
Quote:

What is so hard is your adding THAT BELIEVE. That isn't what the bible says, that is what you are adding in.

It says he is the savior of the whole world especially those that believe. Your changing the words to fit your doctrine.

Old 07-30-2009, 03:18 PM

1,876 posts, read 2,390,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Beloved you take one verse and entirely take it out of context . On the day of pentecost Peter said

36assuredly, therefore, let all the house of Israel know, that both Lord and Christ did God make him -- this Jesus whom ye did crucify.'

These people who Peter was preaching to, had rejected Jesus the Messiah to such a point they crucified Him.

These same disobedient members of the house of Israel then said after having their hearts pricked "what shall we do then ?"

James 2 verses 4, 8 and 9 says

4have ye not made a difference among yourselves, and become judges having evil thoughts?

8If indeed ye keep [the] royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well.
9But if ye have respect of persons, ye commit sin, being convicted by the law as transgressors.

Your god is discriminating , partial and a respector of persons and is manifested in you.
Somewhere appointed to unbelief : 1 pet 2:

And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.

Thats because God has appointed them to wrath in opposite of the elect appointed to salvation..

1 thess 5:

For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

Those appointed to wrath, are simply those whom were not written in the book of life from the foundation..

Their destiny was sealed before they are born..

Old 07-30-2009, 03:26 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
Somewhere appointed to unbelief : 1 pet 2:

And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.

Thats because God has appointed them to wrath in opposite of the elect appointed to salvation..

1 thess 5:

For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

Those appointed to wrath, are simply those whom were not written in the book of life from the foundation..

Their destiny was sealed before they are born..
Your twisting of the scriptures is not even subtle it's blatantly obvious.

Old 07-30-2009, 03:41 PM

1,876 posts, read 2,390,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Your twisting of the scriptures is not even subtle it's blatantly obvious.
I am presenting truth..which you reject for fables..

Old 07-30-2009, 03:49 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
I am presenting truth..which you reject for fables..
Your twisting of the scriptures is not even subtle it's blatantly obvious for all to see, even a spiritually dead man can see what you are saying is demonic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity