Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 10:47 AM

3,553 posts, read 5,154,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
C. Spurgeon vs Colossians 1?

Colossians 1:15-20
15. He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation.16. For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities--all things have been created through Him and for Him.17. He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.18. He is also head of the body, the church; and He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, so that He Himself will come to have first place in everything.19. For it was the Father's good pleasure for all the fullness to dwell in Him,20. and through Him to reconcile all things to Himself, having made peace through the blood of His cross; through Him, I say, whether things on earth or things in heaven.

Jesus died for all men, Mr. Spurgeon

God bless.
ROFL. You are gonna teach Spurgeon now?

2Pe 3:16
as also in all letters, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which the untaught and unstable distort, as also the rest of the Scriptures, to THEIR own destruction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2009, 10:48 AM

14,882 posts, read 17,160,264 times
Quote:
What does that verse have to do with anything? Of course He will draw ALL men to Him, for they will STAND BEFORE HIM. How else will you hear the words, DEPART FROM ME???

In other words, ALL will stand in judgment.

Hbr 9:27
And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
The prince of this world has been cast out, no longer having domain over mankind. Satan is to be ultimately defeated leading to the restoration of all to God. Yes all will stand in judgment and judgment leads to victory. Yes, many will be told to depart as we have stated, yet in the end they will be restored (Romans 8, 1 Cor. 15, Colossians 1) Jesus has been made heir of all. Satan does not get to keep any. God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 07-30-2009 at 11:03 AM..

Old 07-30-2009, 10:48 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,946,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Umm, ok. Still relying on men to teach you? Many does mean "many, or much, or large". But regardless, it does NOT mean ALL. Otherwise it would say ALL and not many.

The ancient greek language that has been translated contain the symbols that in the sources that are available are written as "pas".

So if you can't get past your error that you learned from men, do not assert that I am in error because I refer to sources that correct you.

God's character is apart from our squabbles here. God is big enough to save all mankind, he desires to do so, and since he is the only one that can, that's on his TO DO list.

Since God is going to DO all he desires, you can word things however you think it should be and it changes none of that.

Old 07-30-2009, 10:49 AM

Oh, not I don't teach Spurgeon, just comparing his teaching on the "all sorts of men" concerning God giving Jesus for all mankind, to scripture God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 07-30-2009 at 10:57 AM..

Old 07-30-2009, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
The ancient greek language that has been translated contain the symbols that in the sources that are available are written as "pas".

So if you can't get past your error that you learned from men, do not assert that I am in error because I refer to sources that correct you.

God's character is apart from our squabbles here. God is big enough to save all mankind, he desires to do so, and since he is the only one that can, that's on his TO DO list.

Since God is going to DO all he desires, you can word things however you think it should be and it changes none of that.
Pas means what it says. You cannot add to it, nor subtract from it. Combining words with it does not change the root meaning of the word. Pas means many, large, or much. Otherwise, how do we tell what ANY scripture means?? If it doesn't mean many, and really is somehow a hidden word that means "ALL", why didn't it say all? It didn't, therefore the word is not ALL. Nice try though.

Notice how the women want and desire this doctrine to be so, so true. This is why the women are not supposed to teach, ever! Notice how the serpent decieved EVE. You won't die,,,,really, truly, you won't. God would not do that to YOU and Adam would He???? Yes, I am paraphrasing here, so forgive me. But that was HIS MESSAGE to EVE. Women are to be submissive to men, and the men submissive to Christ. That is the order of things, so that the women don't end up being DECEIVED, LIKE EVE.

Why is this? Because women procreate, simply put. They bear children, and so they cannot see how God would utterly DESTROY something that is His Creation. They cannot fathom it, even though the WORD says that He will. So, they cling to the things in the Word that the untaught and unstable minded distort, even to THEIR OWN destruction. How can you not see this? God is NOT a woman, so we need not look upon God like a woman would, nor think God will act like one. It says in God's Word, that the MAN is the Authority of the House, and he is to submit to Christ as the Head of the Church, and that He will give His Authority to our FATHER at the appointed time.

Old 07-30-2009, 11:08 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,031,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Well, many does mean many, and it was what the King of ALLLLL kings said. Are you going to take the word of a man to teach you or are you going to listen to the MAN who has given His Life for YOU??

Mat 7:13
"Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it.

Mat 7:21
"Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven {will enter.}

By these 2 verses ALONE we can see that there will be M_A_N_Y that take the broad way to destruction, and NOT EVERYONE who says "Lord, LORD" will enter.

By a simple reason of 2+2 we can see that not everyone will enter into the Kingdom of heaven and MANY take the wrong path that leads to them being destroyed. So then, how can ALL be ALL that enter, when the King says they WONT?
Mat 7:13 is PRESENT tense. It meant that many were going through it at THAT time when it was being spoken.

Same with verse 21. I don't think any universalist should be disagreeing that there are many to be destroyed. Obviously we all shall be. The many should be the MAJORITY when that was spoken. We all need to be destroyed. So that we ALL can be saved from our destruction. If anyone was NOT being destroyed then they wouldn't need SAVED.

Paul

Old 07-30-2009, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Notice how the women want and desire this doctrine to be so, so true.
Please HotinAz, the men and women of faith who understand the nature and extent of God's love as revealed in the scriptures understand the all will be reconciled to God in the end. The scriptures teach it. These are the teachings of a man and his name is Paul. He was an apostle of the Lord.

Colossians 1:15-20
15. He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation.16. For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities--all things have been created through Him and for Him.17. He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.18. He is also head of the body, the church; and He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, so that He Himself will come to have first place in everything.19. For it was the Father's good pleasure for all the fullness to dwell in Him,20. and through Him to reconcile all things to Himself, having made peace through the blood of His cross; through Him, I say, whether things on earth or things in heaven

God bless.

Old 07-30-2009, 11:13 AM

1,821 posts, read 2,334,526 times
Quote:
Notice how the women want and desire this doctrine to be so, so true.
I realized the opposite, that woman held to a stronger believe in hell, I suppose it's because the lack the violent fantasy to imagine endless infernal torture and see how horrible it would be, while man can imagine the cruelty of this more, therefore for men it's more horrible.

Old 07-30-2009, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Mat 7:13 is PRESENT tense. It meant that many were going through it at THAT time when it was being spoken.

Same with verse 21. I don't think any universalist should be disagreeing that there are many to be destroyed. Obviously we all shall be. The many should be the MAJORITY when that was spoken. We all need to be destroyed. So that we ALL can be saved from our destruction. If anyone was NOT being destroyed then they wouldn't need SAVED.

Paul
Ok, then by your reason of "logic" answer me this.

Since accepting the Word and repenting of your sins, and seeking forgiveness of sins and submitting to ONLY the King Jesus,,,do you right now, at this very second have eternal life? A simple yes or no wiill suffice.

Old 07-30-2009, 11:14 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,031,633 times
Any universalist that doesn't believe we shall all be consumed/destroyed is in error. We MUST all be destroyed. Destruction if part of the salvation process. The DROSS must be removed. Fuller's soap must wash our garment clean.

Paul
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity