Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2009, 08:51 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,382,313 times

Advertisements

I'm so clueless, can someone in a nutshell explain CU to me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2009, 08:51 PM

14,882 posts, read 17,156,182 times
Very many people have come to see the eventual restoration of all to God in their use of the popular translations. There are many tools at our disposal. God bless.

Old 07-31-2009, 08:52 PM

Quote:
For the Son of Man came to seek and to save what was lost." Thank you Jesus
Amen and Amen!! God bless.

Old 07-31-2009, 08:52 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,030,758 times
Scroll down on this link and look at the chapter heading for chapter 29.:

CHURCH FATHERS: On Grace and Free Will (St. Augustine)

Think about how many mainstream Christians are in opposition to Augustine.

Paul

Old 07-31-2009, 08:53 PM

Quote:
I'm so clueless, can someone in a nutshell explain CU to me?
CU is the belief that all mankind will eventually be restored to God through Jesus Christ. God bless.

7,784 posts, read 14,886,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
There is definately another Jesus being preached if your telling me that there will be sinners that experience eternal torment since the Jesus of the Bible said He came for the purpose to destroy the works of the Devil which is sin. So if your telling me that their is going to be sinners for eternity then that means sin isn't destroyed and that is a very different Jesus than the one in my Bible.

Paul
You are very sly. And your words are very eloquent....I've read about that!

But you just told me a few posts back that an eternal sin WILL BE allowed in God's presence FOREVER, remember?

So can you please tell me which way you want it because it's hard for me to allow you to have it both ways.

23,015 posts, read 34,381,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
What do you believe God needs to improve on so that His Persuasion is more effective?

Paul
God needs to improved???????? I think not!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
I believe that anyone who doesn't know Christ as their Savior will be lost eternally.

Twist that however you like.

Say it 'says this or that' like you do.

In other words, keep accusing me and you and Camps can keep blaspheming the God of the Bible.

Again, anyone who reads their bible can see this IF they believe their bible.

God calls....He doesn't drag us into the Kingdom against our will. Also, I'm assuming there's a reason you are using the word 'persuade' since you seem to like repeating it over and over. What specific verses of scripture are you trying to misrepresent?
AMEN Alpha! I believe this too, this is what the Bible teaches us.

Old 07-31-2009, 08:54 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Amen and Amen!! God bless.
I was nearly raptured (not the false doctrine rapture) when the Lord brought this scripture to my rememberance.

Old 07-31-2009, 08:54 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,030,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
God is perfect. He needs to do no more than what He does.

If a man rejects the Truth, that's not a reflection on God.

Did God somehow fail because He saved only a few from the flood?

Your view of my God is slanted.

From John 1:
He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God
(emphasis mine)
I don't believe that God is done with those of the flood. You seem to believe so.

Why is it that you believe mans Power to Oppose God is greater than His Power to Oppose man?

Paul

Old 07-31-2009, 08:55 PM

Quote:
From John 1:
He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God
(emphasis mine)
Yes, and eventually all will be delivered and changed into the freedom of the glory of the children of God. (Romans 8). God bless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity