Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2009, 01:43 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Self Righteous? Please.

I make it personal when dealing with agents of darkness, rather than Light. We are called to defend the Truth no matter the cost.
I have never read anything remotely like this statement in God's word.

What you really are saying is "if anyone challenges what i believe i will shout it down as heresy".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2009, 01:45 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,386,974 times
Quote:
Sorry but that was a load of garbage. You totally misrepresented what it says, and to base your doctrine on the last book of the bible, written in such a way only the Spirit could give it's meaning...sad indeed. Verse 10 and on, are back in the now. Listen to what is being said to John. "Do not seal up the words of prophesy of this book, for the time is near". Anything after this applys to the now, not future. Reread Chapter 21:27 while this beauty is still being displayed. Major exclusion going on.
So you are saying the New Jerusalem has already come down, the Great White Throne judgment is already passed, ya good luck with that.
But let’s suppose you are right, have you never read this scripture.

Ecclesiastes 1:9-10
9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun. 10 Is there any thing whereof it may be said, See, this is new? it hath been already of old time, which was before us.

Old 08-01-2009, 01:48 PM

oh ya I forgot to say the dogs do not enter in as dogs but are changed into children of God once they have obeyed His voice, then freely they may partake of the tree of life.

Old 08-01-2009, 02:07 PM

3,553 posts, read 5,153,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
So you are saying the New Jerusalem has already come down, the Great White Throne judgment is already passed, ya good luck with that.
But let’s suppose you are right, have you never read this scripture.

Ecclesiastes 1:9-10
9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun. 10 Is there any thing whereof it may be said, See, this is new? it hath been already of old time, which was before us.
No, to reiterate what I said. After Revelations 22:10 this applys to John's time, and ours as well. I am not suprised you didn't get that.

Old 08-01-2009, 02:08 PM

3,553 posts, read 5,153,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
oh ya I forgot to say the dogs do not enter in as dogs but are changed into children of God once they have obeyed His voice, then freely they may partake of the tree of life.
In this life only. Not in the next.

Old 08-01-2009, 02:18 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,694,213 times
Quote:
Boy, you people are delusional aren't you. Pay the price? What price can a man pay to inherit the Kingdom of God? NONE! There is NOTHING you can do, period. No punishment is enough to satisfy His Wrath. That is WHY He gave His Son. Only the Power of the Cross can a man be saved.

There is no other second chance, third chance, or fourth, to infinity. Jesus Christ, and Him crucified a living sacrifice to those who believe, and follow, only. This is an inclusive club, open to all, but not all will enter. They all are without excuse, and the invitation is in their hand, so it is still left up to a sinner on what to do with it.

Once the door closes, it is closed, forever. Once the party starts, those "looking" in cannot get it. Once the feast is served, they will not beg for crumbs. Why? THEY WON'T BE THERE, EVER!
Quote:
Boy, you people are delusional aren't you. Pay the price? What price can a man pay to inherit the Kingdom of God? NONE! There is NOTHING you can do, period. No punishment is enough to satisfy His Wrath. That is WHY He gave His Son. Only the Power of the Cross can a man be saved.

There is no other second chance, third chance, or fourth, to infinity. Jesus Christ, and Him crucified a living sacrifice to those who believe, and follow, only. This is an inclusive club, open to all, but not all will enter. They all are without excuse, and the invitation is in their hand, so it is still left up to a sinner on what to do with it.

Once the door closes, it is closed, forever. Once the party starts, those "looking" in cannot get it. Once the feast is served, they will not beg for crumbs. Why? THEY WON'T BE THERE, EVER!
HotinAZ

You are saying that Gods wrath is greater than his mercy - pay the price - yes the wages of sin is death - that is the price that people pay for being created human BUT the gift of God is (aonian) eternal life through Jesus We do not earn the gift, it is given after death. There is nothing that you can do to earn it - not your belief or works.

The believing and faithful will be saved from wrath and receive mercy now, those that experience wrath will have mercy given to them after the wrath.

For the disbelieving Jews that were consigned to disbelief so that the gospel could go to the gentiles - do you believe they will be eternally dead, when it says their receiving back will be life from the dead? Will those that never heard the gospel be eternally dead? How is Jesus death and resurrection greater than Adams sin if the majority of the human race is eternally dead and only a few saved from death? How can death be abolished if the majority are eternally dead?

Old 08-01-2009, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
HotinAZ

You are saying that Gods wrath is greater than his mercy - pay the price - yes the wages of sin is death - that is the price that people pay for being created human BUT the gift of God is (aonian) eternal life through Jesus We do not earn the gift, it is given after death. There is nothing that you can do to earn it - not your belief or works.

The believing and faithful will be saved from wrath and receive mercy now, those that experience wrath will have mercy given to them after the wrath.

For the disbelieving Jews that were consigned to disbelief so that the gospel could go to the gentiles - do you believe they will be eternally dead, when it says their receiving back will be life from the dead? Will those that never heard the gospel be eternally dead? How is Jesus death and resurrection greater than Adams sin if the majority of the human race is eternally dead and only a few saved from death? How can death be abolished if the majority are eternally dead?
Nice post Meerkat

Old 08-01-2009, 02:35 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,694,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Because

And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.

A hope that in God's time He will restore His creation back to where it was before the fall of man.

Blessed be His name.
I agree with most of what you say however, I don't believe that the object is to restore the creation back to before the fall - we are told that first is physical, then the spiritual - first Adam made corruptible, then Christ raised incorruptible.

That is the theme throughout the bible.

Old 08-01-2009, 02:37 PM

Quote:
No, to reiterate what I said. After Revelations 22:10 this applys to John's time, and ours as well. I am not suprised you didn't get that.
So now your saying the Lord has already come and given to every man according to their works. like I said good luck with that.

And you still have not answered my 3 questions, why?

could it be because you know the answer to them shows the restitution of all things.

Old 08-01-2009, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
I agree with most of what you say however, I don't believe that the object is to restore the creation back to before the fall - we are told that first is physical, then the spiritual - first Adam made corruptible, then Christ raised incorruptible.

That is the theme throughout the bible.
So you do not believe God will not restore man back to the standing He had with Him before the fall ?Actually i will take that back it will be far more glorious then that .

2beloved, now, children of God are we, and it was not yet manifested what we shall be, and we have known that if he may be manifested, like him we shall be, because we shall see him as he is;

Oh glory !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by pcamps; 08-01-2009 at 03:10 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity