Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 08:50 PM

14,706 posts, read 17,043,100 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Just because people do not think the way you do does not mean that they have not studied or are not in the process of learning.
People can post on this forum and do other things as well, it is not an either/or situation.
Good points. God bless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2009, 09:40 PM

3,067 posts, read 4,091,936 times
there is always the TV....

Old 08-01-2009, 09:47 PM

852 posts, read 1,361,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
Yea, you are right, I have become very bored with this forum and really have little interest in posting here anymore. I am really tired of certain people only interpreting the bible their own way, and only doing internet studies.

I feel that people leave because they realize there are more important things to do in this life, like the work of Jesus, then debating with certain people who really don't understand or do any real studing in the bible.

I notice the some who are here don't seem to really study, study the bible and then go to the God who they are studying about. I feel that my Father (God) has really dealt with me with wasting my time here on this forum. Don't get me wrong I enjoy the debates here, but why waste your time with people who are doing things there way, and not Gods.

I just hope that the people who stay here find what ever they are needing and then go out and really do the work of Jesus.

You are such a blessing here...--but you already know I think that!..
I can surely feel Christ through you...
Your light is shining bright...
Some of us pray that His words are heard...even through all the negativity...
Have you ever looked at how many people read these forums?
Many many more than just the ones who post.....
Going out into that "real" world is great too...so many need to find that peace and love that God has to offer...

Old 08-02-2009, 05:36 AM

1,513 posts, read 3,381,790 times
I definitely agree with Fundamentalist about the unfair tactics and twisting of another's belief system. I don't appreciate the name calling, and I don't care which side does it. It's certainly not the way to show the love of Christ.

Fundamentalist has a point, though. The names and actions I've seen Universalists credit to those who disagree with them are completely vile. I've seen that far more than I've seen the words "swine" and "deceived" thrown at the Universalist. Perhaps it's a matter of perception since my spirit rebels at twisted perversion. At least, swine and deceived are biblical concepts. Universalists, whether meaning to or not, have a tendency of playing the "I'm a better Christian than you" game by implying the non-Universalist is unloving or doesn't have a right relationship with God. Yes, I'm tired of it.

But, what I absolutely cannot stand is the blasphemy of my God that comes out of the mouths (computers) of some Universalists. It grieves me each and every time I hear the God of the Bible called a sick, perverted, weak, unjust, pathetic loser (or worse). That's more vile than what I hear fellow believers called because the name callers are talking about the God of creation, the Name above all names, the King of kings when they say such things. I expect to hear such blasphemy from non-believers, but I'm shocked that someone who calls himself a Christian would portray the God of the Bible in such a way. To do so implies that the non-Universalist Christian is not a follower of the true God rather than believing he is sincere but misguided, deceived, or brainwashed. If the non-Universalist is considered a Christian, IT'S BLASPHEMY!

We may not agree on doctrine, but I do believe some Universalists are sincere Christians. All sincere Christians should hold themselves to a higher standard because they are representatives of God. Let's portray each other honestly and with love rather than deliberately twist and defame those who disagree with us.

Old 08-02-2009, 07:15 AM

3,067 posts, read 4,091,936 times
sometimes, the best advice I can give my brothers and sisters is to go turn on the TV and watch it for a while...

Old 08-02-2009, 07:20 AM

Quote:
grieves me each and every time I hear the God of the Bible called a sick, perverted, weak, unjust, pathetic loser (or worse).
It is the image that is portrayed, Blueberry. There is a difference. God bless.

Old 08-02-2009, 11:25 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,666,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post

Yep....your right, it's the image portrayed!! What would you call the spirit (heart) of most of the replies in this thread.....and yes, there is a big difference!

Fundy....said he was sorry and asked for forgiveness to the person, people due and opened his heart to explained his feelings which was...." I want to talk about God's love but all these universalism threads does not allow me to do that, I am becoming all negative!"
And what is the spirit, heart he has received from his post in this thread...... more rejection!
I know Fundy's post is biblical and what God expects from His children to do....when we have fallen short of His glory!!

I believe Jesus was asked how many times shall I forgive my brother in the day.... and I do believe Jesus replied to that question, 70 x 7= which I believe Jesus was telling us, "never stop forgiving....no matter what!"
Yes, forgiveness does not mean we completely forget the offense, but the sting of what those who have offend us is gone when the Father grants our heart the grace to forgive.
And throwing back into the face of the one who has offended is not forgiveness.

It's really sad to see the attitude we win, you loose in this thread and forum! Universalist claiming to be Gods inspectors and that they have been given the permission by God to be the inspector of the non-universalist and state they are unstable and their faith, doctrine is built on sand they.... loose!
But our the universalist, doctrine, faith is built on the rock, makes us the mighty and the right ones with God and we are the...... winners. Very immature! And definitely not of Christ!
Sorry, but I find that very sad to grasp and to have that attitude in the heart.

For two years I have listened to this self appointed righteousness, the fruit of the spirit of those whom carry the image of universalism.

I have seen many non-universalist, Christians come under conviction by the Holy Spirit and come post a thread of asking for forgiveness for the bad fruit, sin, whatever in their lives at the time.
I don't believe, maybe one or two individuals in the universalist crowd doing such a thing. That is why I stated in my previous post, "they think nothing about it," whatever offense they've done." They act like they have the right to do it! No Holy Spirit conviction......

I have only met one whom has been kind and actually has endured, I believe the Spirit of Christ is with her and I have given her hell.....I believe unconsciously she was the one who would forgive me no matter what....regardless of my disagreement toward universalism.
And you know who you are.....we started off on the wrong track two years ago and I am so, so sorry for hell I have put you through!
I pray the Lord Jesus continue to change my heart and grant me the grace to love you in His special way, regardless of our indifferences!!

Blessings

Old 08-02-2009, 12:16 PM

1,513 posts, read 3,381,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
No, Shana, it is NOT the image that is portrayed. It is the image you and other Universalists choose to see. I've even seen some posts explaining how your portrayal of the ET's God is wrong, but you still choose to see Him in that light.

By continuing to be so disrespectful, the Universalists are deliberately trying to offend. That is NOT Christian love. That, in and of itself, should cause you and everyone one else who claims the mantle of Universalism to rethink your beliefs.

I was so frustrated with this portrayal of my God, that I sat down a couple of days ago and wrote out a similar list of statements I could make about the Universalist god (lower case "g') based on statements and illogical inconsistencies I've seen coming from the Universalists. Even though I felt the list was accurate, I chose not to post the list because:

1) It's not a loving thing to do. I consider some Universalists to be sincere brothers and sisters in Christ. I'm not going to belittle and blaspheme their God. Since some worship the true God, I was not going to blaspheme Him just because I don't like what they have turned Him into. If I am offended by what you think I worship, I could not turn about and cause the same offense to others. Two wrongs do not make a right.

2) Christians are supposed to edify and encourage each other with their words. Such words do neither.

3) Christian correction is to be made with gentleness.

4) Even my 17 year old daughter knew it was wrong to share. She recognizes that harsh words inflame and harm.

5) It didn't pass the Philippians 4:8 test: Is it true? Is it noble? Is it right? Is it pure? Lovely? Admirable? Praiseworthy? Excellent? Is it something I'd want others to be dwelling on? -- Although I thought it was an accurate portrayal, and it might possibly be noble if it opened someone's eyes, it still didn't pass the test. The motive behind my actions was ugly; it was intended to cause offense if shared. Jesus gave a warning about causing someone who believes in Him to sin. I'd rather not have a millstone hung about my neck, thank you very much.

6) I'm to avoid fruitless discussion and disputes over doubtful things. These discussions are mostly fruitless, causing strife and backbiting instead. Furthermore, we all acknowledge that there is no way of proving if we are right and others are wrong. Since all sides use the Bible to justify their arguments, only death and judgment will tell with absolute certainty who is right.

7) 1 Timothy 1:6 says the goal of my instruction should be "love from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith." I could not in good conscience treat others that way. Romans says that whatever we do, do it without doubt. To do otherwise is sin. I sincerely doubted the righteousness of my actions if I were to post such inflammatory things.

8) There's probably a whole host of reasons as to why such actions are wrong. The list I've provided is sufficient.

Shana, with your post, you've "justified" unloving actions. Once it it known that offense has occurred, Christians should apologize. The only offense acceptable is the offense of the cross; it's the stumbling block. These discussions aren't about the cross. There is no excuse for deliberately causing offense.

Old 08-02-2009, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Yep....your right, it's the image portrayed!! What would you call the spirit (heart) of most of the replies in this thread.....and yes, there is a big difference!
Respectful and forgiving. Some have pointed out that those who are upset have also said things that are not of the Spirit of Christ.

Quote:
Fundy....said he was sorry and asked for forgiveness to the person, people due and opened his heart to explained his feelings which was...." I want to talk about God's love but all these universalism threads does not allow me to do that, I am becoming all negative!"
And what is the spirit, heart he has received from his post in this thread...... more rejection!
What rejection, Latte'Chic? Also he does not have to post on any threads pertaining to Universalism.

Quote:
I know Fundy's post is biblical and what God expects from His children to do....when we have fallen short of His glory!!

I believe Jesus was asked how many times shall I forgive my brother in the day.... and I do believe Jesus replied to that question, 70 x 7= which I believe Jesus was telling us, "never stop forgiving....no matter what!"
Yes, forgiveness does not mean we completely forget the offense, but the sting of what those who have offend us is gone when the Father grants our heart the grace to forgive.
And throwing back into the face of the one who has offended is not forgiveness.
Who has not said that Fundy was not forgiven?

Quote:
It's really sad to see the attitude we win, you loose in this thread and forum! Universalist claiming to be Gods inspectors and that they have been given the permission by God to be the inspector of the non-universalist and state they are unstable and their faith, doctrine is built on sand they.... loose!
But our the universalist, doctrine, faith is built on the rock, makes us the mighty and the right ones with God and we are the...... winners. Very immature! And definitely not of Christ!
What has said of me when I have shared this belief and the scriptural foundation for it-that I am a deceiver, a liar, a twister of scripture, a drug user, not a Christian, a hater, a wolf in sheep's clothing ect. since the very first day I began to share this in my walk. And I know that many other believers in UR have experienced this. Battle scars can hurt for a long time and many may react to this. Can you see that what you say Universalists have done has been done by many who believe in ET. It is right for you to do, but not for us to point out what we believe to be error and an incorrect portrayal of the God of the scriptures?

Quote:
Sorry, but I find that very sad to grasp and to have that attitude in the heart.

For two years I have listened to this self appointed righteousness, the fruit of the spirit of those whom carry the image of universalism.

I have seen many non-universalist, Christians come under conviction by the Holy Spirit and come post a thread of asking for forgiveness for the bad fruit, sin, whatever in their lives at the time
That is good.
Quote:
I don't believe, maybe one or two individuals in the universalist crowd doing such a thing. That is why I stated in my previous post, "they think nothing about it," whatever offense they've done." They act like they have the right to do it! No Holy Spirit conviction......
I'm sure that if they were convicted, they would do so, Latte'Chic.

Quote:
I have only met one whom has been kind and actually has endured, I believe the Spirit of Christ is with her and I have given her hell.....I believe unconsciously she was the one who would forgive me no matter what....regardless of my disagreement toward universalism.
And you know who you are.....we started off on the wrong track two years ago and I am so, so sorry for hell I have put you through!
I pray the Lord Jesus continue to change my heart and grant me the grace to love you in His special way, regardless of our indifferences!!

Blessings

God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 08-02-2009 at 01:21 PM..

Old 08-02-2009, 12:53 PM

783 posts, read 1,323,333 times
I agree with Fundamentalist, and many others, continual bickering over the same points is tiresome and certainly does not glorify our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. It is for this reason that I seldom participate here anymore.

When sharing the Gospel it becomes evident fairly early in a discussion whether a person is open and receptive. In the same way it is quite easy to identify folks who are interested in understanding God’s word through the Holy Spirit and those who ascribe solely to the teaching of man. Man can talk but only the Father can draw us into relationship with Him.

God Bless,
Salt & Light
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity