Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 01:15 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,665,225 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
Well thats too bad, but in the act of finding me on the internet I think I detect God reaching into your life with hope.

However with little or no knowledge of the Christian faith it would be hard to send you a fast answer that would do...
and as a longer answer that would explane the whole point of the Resurrection of Christ is way, way off topic.
I guess all I should do is offer to answer any questions you have in any private messages you send my way...
I didnt find you.

Thanks for the offer I appreciate your civility, but I will have to pass, I know all i ever want to know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2009, 01:19 PM

3,067 posts, read 4,102,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
I didnt find you.

yes you did....

"Led to this place both Jedi were"...

Old 08-02-2009, 01:20 PM

Quote:
yes you did....

"Led to this place both Jedi were"...
Oh please, come on responding to your post does not mean I found you. it means I responded to your post.

Jedi,, Star wars, cool..

Old 08-02-2009, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Oh please, come on responding to your post does not mean I found you..
Yes it does...

It also means that I (me Alan) found someone that is worth talking to on the internet....

(a rare thing to find on the internet I will tell you...a mighty rare thing to find)

Old 08-02-2009, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Yes it does...

It also means that I (me Alan) found someone that is worth talking to on the internet....

(a rare thing to find on the internet I will tell you...a mighty rare thing to find)
No it doesn't ,but thank you for the compliment, you are mighty cordial.

Old 08-02-2009, 02:01 PM

895 posts, read 2,365,600 times
Quote:
let me be very clear...

Jesus never once suggested that if he were in charge of a country that there would be no military.

Jesus never taught that people that join the military are in sin.

The idea that if Jesus were the American president that he would get rid of the military is not supported in the Bibles teachings of Jesus and His views of the military.

Getting rid of the military is a typical Liberal idea, NOT a Christian idea!
It's a complete christian idea. Jesus preached love peace, turning the other cheeck and forgiving etc. There would be absolutely no need for the military, unless it only does humanitarian things and not invading countries for no reason like iraq. You think Jesus would be ok with an entire iraqi family dying at a wedding from a US bomb?

Old 08-02-2009, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NihonKitty View Post
It's a complete christian idea.
No it's not.
There is not even a hint from the lips of Jesus that people in the military should walk out, or that if he had his way there would be no military.

Thats just liberal ideas dressed up with the image of Jesus meek and mild...

Old 08-02-2009, 02:46 PM

895 posts, read 2,365,600 times
Quote:
No it's not.
There is not even a hint from the lips of Jesus that people in the military should walk out, or that if he had his way there would be no military.

Thats just liberal ideas dressed up with the image of Jesus meek and mild...
Wrong, read what a military is, read jesus pacifict and forgiving teachings, then I want you to tell me he would be in support of a "military". Im not talking about some humanitarian thing but a military, with nuclear weapons etc.

Old 08-02-2009, 03:59 PM

20,438 posts, read 12,775,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAandATL View Post
I am a Christian, though haven't been active in church for a few years, mainly due to the Republican politics that I did not agree with. From what you posted, I interpret as being anti-Republican makes me anti-Christian or atheist. Is that what you were trying to say? I think that Bush took our country in the wrong direction, and people like Bill O'Reilly are vindictive a-holes. I'm not saying that the Left is better. Both sides have their good and bad, but ultimately they are all humans, hence sinners. There are Republicans who aren't Christian. All I'm saying is that politics is irrelevant to our relationship with Christ.
No, just trying to understand your perspective. I have some dear Christian friends who are "lefties". We can discuss religion all day, but we've agreed politics if off-limits.

Are there some left-leaning (politically) Christian churches in your area? You might feel more at home there.

Old 08-02-2009, 04:06 PM

20,438 posts, read 12,775,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NihonKitty View Post
It's a complete christian idea. Jesus preached love peace, turning the other cheeck and forgiving etc. There would be absolutely no need for the military, unless it only does humanitarian things and not invading countries for no reason like iraq. You think Jesus would be ok with an entire iraqi family dying at a wedding from a US bomb?
Or from a fellow Iraqi...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity