Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 08:08 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,760,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Doesn't look like anyone else was able to figure it out or interested in figuring it out.

God only finds favor with TWO of them. Philadelphia and Smyrna. If you labeled them on the menorah in the order specified you would realize that are the middle candlesticks to the left and right of center. Remember that the Lord is in the midst of them which is exactly the case.

Now HERE comes the cool part. These are ALSO the TWO WITNESSES of REVELATION mentioned in chapter 11.

Paul
Dang you did't give me a chance to answer ... !

Just kidding ... I was just a little late ...

Quote:
Now HERE comes the cool part. These are ALSO the TWO WITNESSES of REVELATION mentioned in chapter 11.
Interesting theory, i always thought that it would be Moses and Elijah ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2009, 08:13 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,030,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Dang you did't give me a chance to answer ... !

Just kidding ... I was just a little late ...

Interesting theory, i always thought that it would be Moses and Elijah ...
No the witnesses are just those two spirits. They are the ones that actually attest to the Truth. Anyone today that exhibits the nature of Philadelphia or Smyrna are OF the Two Witnesses.

In the Old Covenant the Two Witnesses are the Two Tables of Stone. But in the new covenant the Ark is the heart where God places His Spirit (fleshy tables of the heart).

2Co 3:3 Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.

Paul

Old 08-06-2009, 08:18 PM

Quote:
No the witnesses are just those two spirits. They are the ones that actually attest to the Truth. Anyone today that exhibits the nature of Philadelphia or Smyrna are OF the Two Witnesses.

In the Old Covenant the Two Witnesses are the Two Tables of Stone. But in the new covenant the Ark is the heart where God places His Spirit (fleshy tables of the heart).

2Co 3:3 Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.

Paul
So you believe the two witness will be the remnant of these two churches who will bring plagues upon humanity and against whom the best will make war and overcome them in the streets of Jerusalem? You believe that there they will be killed, after which the people of the nations will celebrate their deaths by the giving of Gifts, and the they will be resurrected three days later and rise into the heavens?

Old 08-06-2009, 08:21 PM

Quote:
So you believe the two witness will be the remnant of these two churches who will bring plagues upon humanity and against whom the best will make war and overcome them in the streets of Jerusalem? You believe that there they will be killed, after which the people of the nations will celebrate their deaths by the giving of Gifts, and the they will be resurrected three days later and rise into the heavens?
No, I believe the Two Witnesses are those people that exhibit the same "spirit" as those two churches.

Paul

Old 08-06-2009, 08:26 PM

Quote:
No, I believe the Two Witnesses are those people that exhibit the same "spirit" as those two churches.

Paul
I don't understand ... You mean you believe the two witnesses are actually only two people who themselves are in the spirit of those particular churches who will go through what is written of them in the revelation of John?

Old 08-06-2009, 08:40 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,696,783 times
Quote:
I don't understand ... You mean you believe the two witnesses are actually only two people who themselves are in the spirit of those particular churches who will go through what is written of them in the revelation of John?
What Paul is saying I think is that the "2 witnesses" are not 2 individuals they are all those people who exhibit the characterists of the 2 churches

Rev 2:8 And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive;
Rev 2:9 I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.
Rev 2:10 Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.
Rev 2:11 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.

Rev 3:7 And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth;
Rev 3:8 I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.
Rev 3:9 Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.
Rev 3:10Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.
Rev 3:11 Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.
Rev 3:12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.
Rev 3:13 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Quote:

Paul

Old 08-06-2009, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
What Paul is saying I think is that the "2 witnesses" are not 2 individuals they are all those people who exhibit the characterists of the 2 churches

Rev 2:8 And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive;
Rev 2:9 I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.
Rev 2:10 Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.
Rev 2:11 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.

Rev 3:7 And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth;
Rev 3:8 I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.
Rev 3:9 Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.
Rev 3:10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.
Rev 3:11 Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.
Rev 3:12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.
Rev 3:13 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.
My question then is what does he or yourself make of what the bible says will happen concerning the two witnesses... What they will do, what happens to them etc. as written in the revelation?

Old 08-06-2009, 08:49 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,696,783 times
Ironmaw,

I am not sure on that

This is off topic, but...... I have been wondering if Revelation has 2 fullfillments (one @ 70AD and one across millenia ........ I have read that the when it says 1000 years in Revelation it is plural and may mean 1000's years - not just a single 1000 years)

and have read of the historicist approach of 1 day being equal to a year in prophecy.

Old 08-06-2009, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post

Rev 3:10Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.
Yes, exactly! Thanks Meerkat2.

Paul

Old 08-06-2009, 09:02 PM

Quote:
My question then is what does he or yourself make of what the bible says will happen concerning the two witnesses... What they will do, what happens to them etc. as written in the revelation?
I wish I knew more Ironmaw. I'm still learning also. I just wanted to share whatever edification I was given at this time. Maybe, someone else will gain from me and God will give to them to give back to us.

Paul
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity