Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2009, 06:58 PM

3,512 posts, read 9,425,253 times

Advertisements

It is my personal belief that most (90% or more) ghosts, hauntings, and poltergeists are actually demons.

Deceased persons are either in heaven, hell or purgatory.

-If a deceased person is in heaven they would NOT "haunt" a place or "haunt" someone. If God allows this deceased person in heaven to speak with someone on earth then it will happen in a clear vision or locution NOT through haunting.

-If a deceased person is in purgatory I believe it is possible that God allows some persons to do their time in purgatory on earth. Therefore it is possible that a person on earth will experience the spirit of a deceased person in purgatory. These "ghosts" are always good and may be asking for someone on earth to pray for them so they can enter heaven sooner.

-If a deceased person is in hell then he/she is probably too busy suffering and being tormented by demons to come back to earth. I suppose it is possible that God allows some souls in hell to come back to earth and try to relay a message of warning to the living. I believe this is rare though.

That leaves angels and demons who could be ghosts who haunt.

Angels do not haunt for the same reason that a deceased person is in heaven wouldn't haunt a place. If God wants to send a message to someone through an angel it will be done in a clear, logical manner that won't frighten someone. That means if a place is haunted, it is not haunted by angels.

Conclusion:

Demons do the majority of haunting.

Demons are responsible for most ghost activity in the world.

I do not fully understand why but it seems to me that God allows demons to occupy and manifest themselves in places where great evil has occurred.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2009, 11:01 PM
juj

1,657 posts, read 2,632,704 times
I don't know what they are. Could be nothing.

Old 08-05-2009, 11:17 PM

2,557 posts, read 5,860,287 times
Ghosts are for ghost stories and figments of writer's imaginations. They fit in where ever people want them to. Your question makes absolutely no sense!

Old 08-06-2009, 06:20 AM

148 posts, read 244,202 times
I have always wondered why don't ghost walk around naked? or did their clothes and other inimate objects die as well?

Last edited by Soljia; 08-06-2009 at 06:43 AM..

Old 08-06-2009, 06:53 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,023,692 times
Ghosts ARE NOT demons. They are former humans who either are confused and don't know where to go or they have unfinished business to attend to and do not realize that they are dead.
Demons do not exists. The only "demons" you will ever see are former humans who live in darkness and they were evil on earth. They cannot harm anyone. They do like to scare people and play tricks on them but they are harmless. If you want to really help ghosts, tell them to look for the light. The light is humans who have advanced souls and can help them.

No one goes to darkness (hell) for eternity. They all will make it out once they realize that you really do reap what you sow. They need to forgive themselves and ask for help. Most of the ones in the really dark hells have no hope, no love and wallow in their own misery because of fear. False teachings can also send people into darkness. Remember that when you preach from your bible. Are you absolutely 100% positive that what you are preaching is absolutley God's truth? If you are even 1% not sure, don't preach it.

Old 08-06-2009, 07:42 AM

5,493 posts, read 7,337,535 times
Interesting read:
CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: Animism

Old 08-06-2009, 09:13 AM

2,741 posts, read 8,883,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
Demons do not exists. The only "demons" you will ever see are former humans who live in darkness and they were evil on earth. They cannot harm anyone. They do like to scare people and play tricks on them but they are harmless.

False teachings can also send people into darkness. Remember that when you preach from your bible. Are you absolutely 100% positive that what you are preaching is absolutley God's truth? If you are even 1% not sure, don't preach it.

Reverend, are you 100% positive that what you are preaching/teaching is absolutely God's truth?

I don't know about ghosts, but if demons "do not exist", then why does the Bible teach that they do? If they don't exist, then why did legion of them enter the swine at Jesus' command? If demons do not exist, then why did Jesus waste His time casting them out?

Bud

Old 08-06-2009, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
Reverend, are you 100% positive that what you are preaching/teaching is absolutely God's truth?

I don't know about ghosts, but if demons "do not exist", then why does the Bible teach that they do? If they don't exist, then why did legion of them enter the swine at Jesus' command? If demons do not exist, then why did Jesus waste His time casting them out?

Bud
I am absolutely over 100% positive. There has never been such a thing as demons. What Jesus "cast out" were former humans possessing other humans. After Jesus left, it has been impossible. Former humans can attach to your aura but that is as far as it goes.
The reason the bible uses demons is because those former humans were evil on earth. They had no idea what they were being possessed by so they called the dark spirits demons.
There are humans alivve and dead who are terribly evil. They will play tricks and scare people after they die.
There's a certain house that is haunted by an evil child murderer where I live. I could literally feel the evil as I got closer to the house. I was standing across the street. The occupants of the house will not go into their own yard. As far as I know it's still there and the house is being protected inside by the children that were killed. True story and you can look it up if your interested. Look up H.. H. Holmes.

Old 08-06-2009, 09:28 AM

I want to add that in all the messages from Jesus, He has always stated that He never once cast any demons into swine. He stated that if He did that, He would be harming a creature of God and that was not what He was about. He would never harm a creature of God's.

Old 08-06-2009, 01:42 PM
juj

1,657 posts, read 2,632,704 times
Let's make it crystal. No one knows for sure except those who have crossed over and God. All this conjecture is like watching one of the "what would life be like on other planets." Total hogwash.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity