Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2013, 02:09 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Think back to when you told me you would not worship a God that torments anyone. That's the idea behind his statement.
That is the false idol sky god that the fundamentalists worship. You will not have me bowing down and worshipping it, being in fear of it, enslaved by it or intimated by the threats from its followers. I reject it in the name of Jesus Christ.

Jesus Christ is Lord.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2013, 02:56 PM

796 posts, read 858,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Think back to when you told me you would not worship a God that torments anyone. That's the idea behind his statement.
Thanks for telling him. I did not see his post until you quoted it. Yes he has said he would not worship the one true God right on this forum as you have stated.

Old 07-11-2013, 02:59 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,918,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by balunman View Post
Thanks for telling him. I did not see his post until you quoted it. Yes he has said he would not worship the one true God right on this forum as you have stated.
You would be right if that "qualification" were true of God. As it is he is denying that your perception is true of God.

Old 07-11-2013, 03:03 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by balunman View Post
You Fundamenalists will go to the extreme to discredit believers. I have never once said I reject the one true God,and Drob if he's honest enough and walks in the spirit will acknowledge this too. I do reject the sky god you believe in that breathes threats through its followers towards those beliefs in regards to Jesus Christ THE SAVIOR of the world differs from theirs.

Jesus Christ IS Lord

Old 07-11-2013, 03:59 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,178,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnNative View Post
If ALL will be saved, then why did Jesus tell us to go into every nation with the Gospel?
You wouldn't believe this, but...

If preaching hellfire and brimestone actually changed hearts, this nation would be clean several times over; but all it has done is paint a picture of the Creator as a mean old man with a baseball bat, ready and willing to beat people over the head when they do wrong.

There are endless theological errors in that type of believing, or unbelief if you will.

It's the goodness of God that leads men to repentance. (Rom 2:4). Hear this: God has reconciled us to Himself by Jesus Christ - not holding men's sin against them - and has given to us the ministry of reconciliation. (2 Cor 5:18)

That's the answer to your question - telling people that God loves them and has forgiven them because of His sacrifice on the cross draws men TO HIM, while condemnation drives them away. The sting of sin is death, and the strength of sin is the law. (1 Cor 15:56)

Old 07-11-2013, 04:43 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,733,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soljia View Post
primarily the fallacious argument tentmaker.org uses through rationalization. A common tactic used by cults. Atheists use it to prove God doesn't exist.

Fighting for the Faith: Refuting "Christian Universalism"

Segment 4
http://podcast.fightingforthefaith.c.../F4F031709.mp3
Can somebody offer up the Cliff Notes on that? I'm mildly curious, but not curious enough to actually sit through a long diatribe bashing a perfectly legitimate branch of Christianity.

As with every "truth" that contradicts somebody else's "truth," the word cult gets flippantly thrown out there. It really is quite childish. If you want to disagree with somebody else's beliefs then disagree with them. Name-calling is just silly.

Old 07-11-2013, 06:44 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,390,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Can somebody offer up the Cliff Notes on that? I'm mildly curious, but not curious enough to actually sit through a long diatribe bashing a perfectly legitimate branch of Christianity.

As with every "truth" that contradicts somebody else's "truth," the word cult gets flippantly thrown out there. It really is quite childish. If you want to disagree with somebody else's beliefs then disagree with them. Name-calling is just silly.
Oh, it's the usual hysterical response to Christian Universalism and the Tentmaker.org site.

He read one article on Tentmaker and is now apparently an expert about that site. He says all the arguments presented at Tentmaker are "rationalizing". That's what he says the article he read does because it looks at the broad range of scripture which supports the CU position but doesn't produce a verse that says the exact words, "All will be eventually saved through Christ." He talks about the "proper" [man-made rules] way to study scripture though, interestingly, I don't believe he once mentions allowing the Spirit to guide that study.

He then quotes various passages which, by his interpretation, support eternal torment all the while completely ignoring, and never even mentioning, the myriad of Tentmaker resources which refute his interpretation, and all the while saying his interpretation is irrefutable.

He, in no way, presents a balanced discussion of the topic but simply rants on. Typical.

Last edited by Pleroo; 07-11-2013 at 07:00 PM..

Old 07-11-2013, 06:50 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,390,383 times
Oh, and I just went back to the beginning of the thread. Legoman does a much more thorough job than I did of providing "cliff notes" in posts 8 & 10.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity