Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2010, 02:56 AM

32,533 posts, read 22,179,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
I think that is OK for her, read the "Sin" topic, Verna and a few other have achived perfection and they no longer sin. The law is great for the perfect.
So who's going to tell Jesus that He really wasn't needed?...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2010, 02:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Now, let me teach you of the LAW. After all, those being chosen now are called to be Judges. So we had better learn justice.

I'm going to use an analogy of the Speed Limit.

People were getting injured on the roads or worse yet - killed, so there was a need to "Prevent injury and death on the highways", so what was enacted was the LETTER which said "Do not drive faster than established speed limits".

Now consider this for a second. I just gave you TWO things. I gave you the LETTER and the SPIRIT. The Letter is to tell us about the SPIRIT. Let's take a look:

Spirit -> Prevent death and injury on the highways
Letter-> Obey established speed limits.

So now consider your driving in your car and a tire comes off a Truck up ahead of you in an adjacent lane. You know that if you continue at the speed your at that you will strike the rolling tire. But if you stop or slow suddenly then the car behind you shall hit you. You realize the gap in between your car and the one behind you may be enough to let the rolling tire miss both of you so you speed up and BREAK the posted speed limit.

WHAT JUST HAPPENED?

You sped up and broke the LETTER because you went over the speed limit. HOWEVER!!! What else did you do? - You UPHELD the SPIRIT which established the LETTER which was to reduce injury and death on the highway.

Had you followed the letter you would have done something unjust and caused injury or death.

See Jesus broke the LETTER of the LAW but did so while ADHEREING to the Spirit that established the LETTER.

If you don't understand what I just wrote - please re-read it until you do. It will help you tremendously in understanding JUSTICE according to God's Will and reveal so much about the LAW of God (which Paul explained was ordained unto Life).
Who is the ridiculous author that you read that analogy from?...

Old 06-28-2010, 03:16 AM

If you read the old testament you will find that the Jews knew what to do to achieve Salvation...Noah was righteous, Moses on the other hand disobeyed God and was prevented from entering the promised land and was taken out by God...David was a man after God's own heart and we all know what David did...God commanded His people to commit genocide...God hardened Pharaoh's heart...There is no sin of ignorance...sin is deliberate...Ignorance of the Law is no excuse...So, if those of the old teatament could walk in righteousness without the sacrifice of Christ and please God, then people always could, the Jews knew this in the old testament...so, why the need of Christ then?...

Old 06-28-2010, 09:01 AM

8,181 posts, read 9,254,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
So who's going to tell Jesus that He really wasn't needed?...
I think they would say he is an example of perfection for them to follow. It is a complete opposite message to the Jesus I follow so I can't help beyond that.

Old 06-28-2010, 09:54 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,392,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
The spirit of the man is incapable of not sinning.

Paul
Hi Paul,
I don't know if I agree or not. It may be exactly the opposite: the spirit of man is incapable of sinning. There is flesh, soul and spirit. Perhaps the spirit remains pure? I'm thinking of a verse, maybe somewhere in 1 John, that says that "he that is in you sinneth not" or similar..

I know there is a verse that says that "the soul that sinneth, it shall die." I believe this to be in reference to the soul of man, which sins. Eve gave in to the serpent, Adam did not.

Also, the spirit of man returns to God. It may be that "Israel" is a reference word for the "spirit" of man.

Just a reflection.

Blessings,
brian

Old 06-28-2010, 03:52 PM

Quote:
I think they would say he is an example of perfection for them to follow. It is a complete opposite message to the Jesus I follow so I can't help beyond that.
The Law is the example...it tells you what to do and not to do...

Old 06-28-2010, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Hi Paul,
I don't know if I agree or not. It may be exactly the opposite: the spirit of man is incapable of sinning. There is flesh, soul and spirit. Perhaps the spirit remains pure? I'm thinking of a verse, maybe somewhere in 1 John, that says that "he that is in you sinneth not" or similar..

I know there is a verse that says that "the soul that sinneth, it shall die." I believe this to be in reference to the soul of man, which sins. Eve gave in to the serpent, Adam did not.

Also, the spirit of man returns to God. It may be that "Israel" is a reference word for the "spirit" of man.

Just a reflection.

Blessings,
brian
If Adam did not give into the Serpent, then why was He ejected from Eden along with Eve?...Adam was told directly by God that he could not eat of that tree...It does not say that Eve was told...The Serpent told her what God said and Adam was right there with her as it happened and she turned and gave him to eat...

Old 06-28-2010, 04:04 PM

8,181 posts, read 9,254,591 times
Quote:
The Law is the example...it tells you what to do and not to do...
I agree but I think they would say that Jesus was an example that it can be done, so they just WORK real hard at it.

Old 06-28-2010, 04:13 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,611,856 times
Quote:
If Adam did not give into the Serpent, then why was He ejected from Eden along with Eve?...Adam was told directly by God that he could not eat of that tree...It does not say that Eve was told...The Serpent told her what God said and Adam was right there with her as it happened and she turned and gave him to eat...
Lest we forget...Our SAVIOUR was born of a "Virgin Birth" as a sinless MAN...Why?

For the FALL disqualified man to bring forth a sinless REDEEMER...but that the woman became the instrument of that most noble goal...is something to ponder upon...

If the woman had never done anything else in her existence..."The Virgin Birth" would be sufficient for all times...

Blessings...

Old 06-28-2010, 04:24 PM

Quote:
I agree but I think they would say that Jesus was an example that it can be done, so they just WORK real hard at it.
Well, i would point to what Paul had to say about that in Romans...And why then did Christ have to die on the Cross and pay for our sins, for man is the same sinner now that he was back then, so, if they acknowledge God and His Laws then, then that means that we are still capable of doing this now...Christ did not die in OT times...But, there sins were forgiven by animal sacrifices...David was a man after God's own heart, but yet he sinned with Bathsheba and then murdered her husband Uriah...those were not accidental sins, they were deliberate, and premeditated...so, why is David a man after God's own heart?...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity