Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2014, 02:38 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,635,398 times

Advertisements

anyone feel free to add your name to the list. I'm afraid we're a bunch of lukewarm Christians in America.. loving the world instead of loving God.. I know I'm guilty.

Somewhere along the lines things have gotten cloudy and the cares of this life have crept back in. A true love for knowing God's Word and teaching it to others has dwindled. A discouragement from the lack of response has set in. I know that unconfessed/unforsaken sin is at the source of the problem.. sometimes we're even blinded to our own sins. I'm sure I am. Pride, covetous, you name it.. it blinds us.

I'm in a bit of transition in life. I quit my job recently.. pretty good one I guess, but I think the issue was like many others.. being friends with the world.. well the Bible is clear that if we are friends with the world we are enemies of God. I'd rather dig manure all day long than be some guy with a "good job" feeling like I've set myself up as God's enemy. So the prayer is for direction and revival. asking God for God's Grace to grant repentance ..To do God's will in this life that He's purchased. To focus on God alone and serving Christ. To glorify Him in all things counting all else as nothing.

All of our capability, empowerment, and will comes from God. Feel free to add you name here for prayer.

We are completely dependent on Him. Without Him we can do nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2014, 03:54 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
anyone feel free to add your name to the list. I'm afraid we're a bunch of lukewarm Christians in America.. loving the world instead of loving God.. I know I'm guilty.

Somewhere along the lines things have gotten cloudy and the cares of this life have crept back in. A true love for knowing God's Word and teaching it to others has dwindled. A discouragement from the lack of response has set in. I know that unconfessed/unforsaken sin is at the source of the problem.. sometimes we're even blinded to our own sins. I'm sure I am. Pride, covetous, you name it.. it blinds us.

I'm in a bit of transition in life. I quit my job recently.. pretty good one I guess, but I think the issue was like many others.. being friends with the world.. well the Bible is clear that if we are friends with the world we are enemies of God. I'd rather dig manure all day long than be some guy with a "good job" feeling like I've set myself up as God's enemy. So the prayer is for direction and revival. asking God for God's Grace to grant repentance ..To do God's will in this life that He's purchased. To focus on God alone and serving Christ. To glorify Him in all things counting all else as nothing.

All of our capability, empowerment, and will comes from God. Feel free to add you name here for prayer.

We are completely dependent on Him. Without Him we can do nothing.
Curious as to why a job would set you up as God's enemy (assuming it does not promote sinful behavior)?

I will pray for you and your situation.

I think that instead of focusing on sin and the cares of life - we simply have not sought out the person of God. David knew how to seek God, and even though he fell into sin here and there, God still considered Him faithful. Even Christians today will live out their Christian life without seeking God's face. We follow lists from sermons, we follow our own ideas of who we think God is... we just need to seek Him and have a spiritual relationship with Him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity