Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 03:29 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,931,760 times

Advertisements

Like this poor soul going nuts with anticipation. Seems like everything is a 7-day warning sign:

Quote:
Yesterday Sept 11, at about 6am, I was drinking coffee and reading **** ( a prominent rapture website) in the kitchen. I then looked up at the sky out the front window. In a bright blue clear sky I saw two lines almost vertical but at a slight angle side by side. It was a white 11 with a big blue sky behind it. I then felt in my spirit "seven day warning." I then went to work and set it aside ( not totally convinced it was a warning, but still keenly aware that it may be). Then today(sept 12) I called my mom and told her what I had seen and she quickly said " that is what I saw in the sky yesterday afternoon." She said she had noticed and thought it was weird cause planes don't fly at that angle and then dismissed it. She lived almost 10 hours from here, so we were looking at two different sky lines at different times a day. I now believe it was truly a warning.

Waiting like crazy!!!
What she didn't realize was that had she hung around a little longer and not rushed off to work so fast she would have seen that the pilot was in the process of starting an H for the ad "Hurry to Ross and Save Big" and he hadn't quite gotten to the little horizontal line in the center that connects the two vertical lines. So momentarily it looked like "11" which I suppose means Sept. 11, which is a week from the start of Rosh Hashana this year.

You can't make this stuff up. When I think how a few years ago I would have been running around the house yelling, "Yeah! It's a sign! It's a sign!" I get so !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2009, 05:58 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,533,061 times
Yeah! you could pick up a newspaper from every year since newspapers have been printed and they would all point to the signs of the coming every year.

Old 09-14-2009, 06:01 PM

37,143 posts, read 42,234,436 times
I have been to some of those rapture forums and I always wonder if people are being serious or not. If so, are they just bizzare shut-in's with little contact with the outside world and severe mental issues? I can't tell parody from reality from insanity anymore.

Old 09-14-2009, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I have been to some of those rapture forums and I always wonder if people are being serious or not. If so, are they just bizzare shut-in's with little contact with the outside world and severe mental issues? I can't tell parody from reality from insanity anymore.
Well, I can assure you having believed in it before that a rapture believer can make anything into a sign of the rapture. In fact, they see the sign then have to explain why it was a sign of something even more future when it doesn't produce the result they anticipate. Take the Temple of the Jews that was destroyed in 70 AD. They believe all the Jews from around the world will gather once it is rebuilt, and there are Jews that are hoping the same thing. However, they are now saying that since that space is occupied (and never going to be willingly given up by its current residents) it would be close enough to rebuild the temple near the old site....

And these are average people... which in itself is slightly unnerving!

Old 09-14-2009, 10:42 PM

2,886 posts, read 8,284,747 times
The catching away (caught up)will occur so fast that no man could possibly have time to watch for it;
If one sees it, that will mean that they will be the ones that will have missed it.... "Left Behind"
In the Twinkling of an Eye - Jesus Christ's Return
how many people can see anything in a twinkling of AN EYE ???
as an experiment try blinking at the same time you are looking at something..
what do you see??
well a twinkling of an eye" is faster than that so...
To each his own

Old 09-15-2009, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yhwhshalomjr View Post
The catching away (caught up)will occur so fast that no man could possibly have time to watch for it;
If one sees it, that will mean that they will be the ones that will have missed it.... "Left Behind"
In the Twinkling of an Eye - Jesus Christ's Return
how many people can see anything in a twinkling of AN EYE ???
as an experiment try blinking at the same time you are looking at something..
what do you see??
well a twinkling of an eye" is faster than that so...
To each his own
Ummm.... then it could have happened already. say 70 ad???

Old 09-15-2009, 05:42 AM

396 posts, read 598,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Ummm.... then it could have happened already. say 70 ad???

Old 09-15-2009, 06:21 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,865,041 times
One of my favourite 'rapture' posts came from another forum where a woman had that condition whereby you stop breathing in your sleep. Anyway, the hospital issued her with some kind of apparatus that kept her breathing whilst she was asleep but warned her that the machine would make a strange noise when she exhaled. The woman said in her post, and quite seriously....'I had to tell my husband about the noise...just in case it woke him in the night and he thought it was the sound of the trumpet for the rapture' and he injured his back whilst leaping out of bed

That image kept me chuckling for days!

Old 09-15-2009, 01:57 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,931,760 times
I once lept out of bed at 3:15 or so at the sound of a trumpet, half-asleep yelling, "This is it, this is it!" Scared my wife half-to-death. Turned out to be some bozo honking his auto horn for his girlfriend to come out. I wonder how many others in the building jumped out yelling, "It's the rapture. Don't forget to take me, Lord!"

Old 09-15-2009, 02:00 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,214,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Like this poor soul going nuts with anticipation. Seems like everything is a 7-day warning sign:

What she didn't realize was that had she hung around a little longer and not rushed off to work so fast she would have seen that the pilot was in the process of starting an H for the ad "Hurry to Ross and Save Big" and he hadn't quite gotten to the little horizontal line in the center that connects the two vertical lines. So momentarily it looked like "11" which I suppose means Sept. 11, which is a week from the start of Rosh Hashana this year.

You can't make this stuff up. When I think how a few years ago I would have been running around the house yelling, "Yeah! It's a sign! It's a sign!" I get so !

LOL...You can't fix stupid!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity