Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2009, 05:26 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,523,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
I don't know if your loopy but you are wrong, there will a rapture before the seven years of tribulation.
So you do believe that although Jesus had to die, you don't? As in adam every man dies. Can you show me the verses that show that certain men will not die but go straight to be with God? Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2009, 05:34 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,385,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
So you do believe that although Jesus had to die, you don't? As in adam every man dies. Can you show me the verses that show that certain men will not die but go straight to be with God? Thanks
I don't believe in the rapture but I would imagine 1 Cor 15:51 would be the passage that could indicate that.

Old 09-20-2009, 05:38 PM

23,013 posts, read 34,372,809 times
Quote:
Jesus is not dead you know. Elijah and another prophet (I can't remember his name right now, sorry) did not die. The rapture is taught all through out the Bible, study harder and you will see it, 1 Thess 4:15-18 is a good place to start.

Old 09-20-2009, 05:48 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,209,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
You are correct and you are not loopy. 1st Corithians 15 is plain about this. There is what is sown, your human body, and what is raised, is your spirit. The second death is the spiritual death...the condemned death.

“Then two men will be in the field: one will be taken and the other left. “Two women will be grinding at the mill: one will be taken and the other left, Watch therefore, for you do not know what hour your Lord is coming.” (Matthew 24:40-42).

Note that in Matthew the verses follow verse 36,. Yet in Luke, the verses are connected to verses clearly in the “destruction of Jerusalem” section.
On these same verses in Luke 17:34-36, Luke connects them to the same text found in the destruction of Jerusalem section of Matthew 24. Compare verse 37, “And they answered and said to Him,Where, Lord?” So He said to them, “Wherever the body is, there the eagles will be gathered together”, with the text in Mathew 24:28. There can be no doubt that the events and time are one and belong to A.D. 70.
No they aren't...just ask any futurist...they will be whisked away before the tribulation....LMAO Silly Rabbits

Old 09-20-2009, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Jesus is not dead you know. Elijah and another prophet (I can't remember his name right now, sorry) did not die. The rapture is taught all through out the Bible, study harder and you will see it, 1 Thess 4:15-18 is a good place to start.
so three or so prophets don't die the first death but you equate that to a certain number of people how? Do you know who will be raptured? and the scripture to go with it?

Old 09-20-2009, 05:50 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,209,859 times
Quote:
I don't know if your loopy but you are wrong, there will a rapture before the seven years of tribulation.
And why do you think you're right?

Old 09-20-2009, 05:52 PM

23,013 posts, read 34,372,809 times
Quote:
so three or so prophets don't die the first death but you equate that to a certain number of people how? Do you know who will be raptured? and the scripture to go with it?
No I said two, not three. And no not because they did not die, but because this what the Bible, the Word of God teaches us. I cannot speak for others, but I can tell you if the rapture happens before I die, I'll be gone and I gave some verses to get you started. Done here.

Old 09-20-2009, 06:02 PM

Quote:
No I said two, not three. And no not because they did not die, but because this what the Bible, the Word of God teaches us. I cannot speak for others, but I can tell you if the rapture happens before I die, I'll be gone and I gave some verses to get you started. Done here.
Okie Dokie.

Old 09-21-2009, 12:15 AM

18,249 posts, read 16,907,876 times
Quote:
Ah! But the $64,000 question: will there be a seven-year tribulation?

Old 09-21-2009, 01:45 AM

1,513 posts, read 3,387,565 times
Quote:
Enoch (Noah's great-grandfather) was the other.

I've found that if you want accurate knowledge on any subject, it's generally best to go straight to the source, to the ones who have devoted their lives to the subject. Questions about the Rapture aren't any different; one is unlikely to find adequate information on a forum such as this.

Rather than re-invent the wheel, I'll provide some links that more thoroughly answer the OP's question:

The Pretribulation Rapture
Defending The Pre-trib Rapture
The Rapture, Answering the Critics
The Pre-Tribulation Rapture: A new idea?
The Shout Heard Around the World, Overview of the Rapture
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity