Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2009, 09:38 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,562,395 times

Advertisements

As a black man this means so much to me about our white Christian brothers and sisters back then. Destroys the untruth about true Christianity enslaving my people-such things could not thrive under true Christianity. It was true Christianity that set my people free and God making everything work for our good and His glory.

My ancestors were done an injustice but through this horrible period God used it for His glory as we received the gospel and learned about a wonderful God. Even though we could have been free we would still have been in darkness in Africa, true freedom is knowthing the truth and coming into the light. Those African slaves were on to something glorious than they could have ever imagined in their chant. We were all wretches, we were blind but now we see. Isn't God wonderful?

YouTube - Amazing Grace History/"Amazing Grace" By Wintley Phipps

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 10-07-2009 at 09:53 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2011, 12:19 AM

2,430 posts, read 2,766,886 times
Default The History of John Newton was not known to me..

and apparently to many others.........Newton calls himself a wretch in the Hymn Amazing Grace.......for the terrible debouched condition he fell to ..........his story of reconciliation and conversion, shows the power of the Gospel..........it is not that simple as being a slave trader......even the Chucrh was connected to the slave trade back then ..trading sugar ,rum and slaves..........ushering in the great incarceration of the insane , for Europe just discovered sugar and Rum....and we still pretend its OK...but back then when first introduced.........sugar and Rum drove most people people crazy.................still happens today. and some doctors believe Alcoholism is a Allergy that causes the disease......the cure is still abstinence..... and Faith
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity