Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 10:41 AM

3,067 posts, read 4,103,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
The Bible knows nothing about Jesus and the Father having the same equal "nature."
In the Beginning was the Word
and the Word was with God
and the Word was God

The Word became flesh...

In speaking of the angels he says,
"He makes his angels winds,
his servants flames of fire.
But about the Son he says, "Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2009, 04:48 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,966,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius
When Jesus died on the cross He fully, completely died. His God had to rouse Him from the dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
well...lets not forget that Jesus said he would raise HIMSELF from the dead....
That does not mean Jesus brought Himself back to life from death by Himself. It means that after God **roused** Him from the dead that Jesus, after being made alive by God, raised Himself up into an upright position.

Mat 27:63 saying, "Lord, we are reminded that that deceiver said while still living, 'After three days shall I be roused.'"

Act 13:37 yet He Whom God rouses was not acquainted with decay.

Old 10-18-2009, 04:53 PM

Quote:
The Bible knows nothing about Jesus and the Father having the same equal "nature."

Quote:
In the Beginning was the Word
and the Word was with God
and the Word was God

The Word became flesh...

In speaking of the angels he says,
"He makes his angels winds,
his servants flames of fire.
But about the Son he says, "Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever,
Like I said, there is nothing in the bible stating Jesus and God have the same equal nature. What you wrote does not prove they do.

"God" is a title meaning subjector or placer. One who subjects and places is god or God. Jesus told the Jews "did I not say ye are Gods"? And this was in reply to them accusing Him of making Himself God. If God makes Jesus God then Jesus cannot be the God that made Him God.

Just like God made Moses God to Pharaoh and Aaron was his prophet. Does this mean that Moses is now part of a Quadrinity? LOL?h

Old 10-18-2009, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
It means that after God **roused** Him from the dead that Jesus, after being made alive by God, raised Himself up into an upright position.
LOL...

I have to admit, that crazy answer even got me to laugh...I think even the cat laughed at it too!

" "Destroy this temple, and in three days I will sit up in bed when Dad's alarm clock goes off"

LOL

Old 10-18-2009, 05:03 PM

Quote:
LOL...

I have to admit, that crazy answer even got me to laugh...I think even the cat laughed at it too!

" "Destroy this temple, and in three days I will sit up in bed when Dad's alarm clock goes off"

LOL
Pro 19:29 Judgments are prepared for mockers And beatings for the body of the stupid.

Old 10-18-2009, 06:11 PM

YouTube - Who ran the universe when Jesus was dead?

Old 10-18-2009, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad;11245318[youtube
The God of Jesus did, that's Who.

Old 10-20-2009, 01:52 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,508,893 times
He never heard of the Trinity?

Old 10-21-2009, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Also, if God is a separate being from the holy spirit, then Jesus had two fathers for He called Himself the Son of God and was begotten by holy spirit.

Quote:
The answer is found in the text where the Holy Spirit caused the birth of Jesus under the authority of the father.

All 3 members of the trinity working in union....
Wrong. Jesus was begotten by holy spirit and is also called the Son of God. So if the holy spirit is a separate entity from God then God and the holy spirit got Mary pregnant and Jesus therefore had two fathers.

The holy spirit of God is God and not a "person" of some mythological "trinity."

Old 10-21-2009, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
He never heard of the Trinity?
If the Trinity is supposed to be biblical how come it isn't in the Bible?

The doctrine of the Trinity was invented as a purely political move to keep the Arians out of the church.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity