Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 02:16 PM

2,287 posts, read 2,588,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
That depends on what she teaches? but she merely has a different methodolgy which I don't agree because I don't see it in scripture. She has great, sincere intentions but she is causing more harm than good.
Why is she causing more harm than good? I asked that above and it was conveniently ignored.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2009, 02:17 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,566,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
Why is she causing more harm than good? I asked that above and it was conveniently ignored.
This is my answer

I am going to start my own ministries, it's called bed ministries, it's for all the people that don't want get out of bed in the mourning to worship the Father, give glory to him and just want to stay in bed because let's face church is too early and it's a Sunday where you just want to sleep all day....won't you like to stay in your pyjamas, and lie in your bed. We will bring church literally right to your bed.

Do you like it???? This is no different.

Old 10-25-2009, 02:17 PM

Quote:
I am going to start my own ministries, it's called bed ministries, it's for all the people that don't want get out of bed in the mourning to worship the Father, give glory to him and just want to stay in bed....we will bring church right to your bedroom.

Do you like it????
If you can spread the message that way, who am I to judge the setting it is delivered in.

Oh yeah, I should add I don't worship a Father, I worship a God which is without gender - using the term Father projects our human terms onto something that is far beyond what we are.

Old 10-25-2009, 02:18 PM

Quote:
This is my answer

I am going to start my own ministries, it's called bed ministries, it's for all the people that don't want get out of bed in the mourning to worship the Father, give glory to him and just want to stay in bed....we will bring church right to your bedroom.

Do you like it???? This is no different.
404 Answer Not Found

Old 10-25-2009, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
404 Answer Not Found
It's pretty simple my friend.....Sunday, sabbath etc.... is the Lord's day, Church is for the Lord. Church is not about us. We don't go to Him on our terms but His.

Old 10-25-2009, 02:24 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
as usual strawman and not entirely accurate but what's new
You are unbelievable

It's actually 100% accurate .

15While Jesus was having dinner at Levi's house, many tax collectors and "sinners" were eating with him and his disciples, for there were many who followed him. 16When the teachers of the law who were Pharisees saw him eating with the "sinners" and tax collectors, they asked his disciples: "Why does he eat with tax collectors and 'sinners'?"

Fundy wherever Jesus was ,He was having what you think is church , but you will never see that because you think the scriptures are a book of rules,regulations ,doctrines and traditions on how things should be, confined by being indoctrinated by the systems doctrine of what church is .

He was mainly healing , building up , edifying,exhorting, giving a word in season, encouraging, sharing the good news and on the odd occasion rebuking the pride(usually the Pharisee) with a few warnings thrown in.

So don't even use the institutionlized dinosaur church system as a description of what the church is to me because i do not want to hear it(yes it's a rebuke)

Old 10-25-2009, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
You are unbelievable

It's actually 100% accurate .

15While Jesus was having dinner at Levi's house, many tax collectors and "sinners" were eating with him and his disciples, for there were many who followed him. 16When the teachers of the law who were Pharisees saw him eating with the "sinners" and tax collectors, they asked his disciples: "Why does he eat with tax collectors and 'sinners'?"

Fundy wherever Jesus was ,He was having what you think is church , but you will never see that because you think the scriptures are a book of rules,regulations ,doctrines and traditions on how things should be.

He was mainly healing , building up , edifying,exhorting, giving a word in season, encouraging, sharing the good news and on the odd occasion rebuking the pride(usually the Pharisee) with a few warnings thrown in.

So don't even use the institutionlized dinosaur church system as a description of what the church is to me because i do not want to hear it(yes it's a rebuke)
It is absolutey hilarious how many spiritually immature people twist this verse to prove their misguided position on theology. Jesus was having dinner and giving them the good news, this however was not church nor was it the Lord's day.

Old 10-25-2009, 02:29 PM

Quote:
It's pretty simple my friend.....Sunday, sabbath etc.... is the Lord's day, Church is for the Lord. Church is not about us. We don't go to Him on our terms but His.
To me church is about wherever we gather in the name of God. It is not about a building that we visit on Sunday, it is where we are.

Also I don't use the word Lord, that denotes a God who rules over and punishes people (as in Lord and Master)... when I read the New Testament I read about Christ being all loving and reaching out a hand to those who need a hand up, not reaching out a hand to smack down those who don't agree.

For the Lord relationship to exist Christ would have to be punishing, as in lording over us. Christ does not punish, he accepts and forgives unconditionally.

Old 10-25-2009, 02:30 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
It is absolutey hilarious how many spiritually immature people twist this verse to prove their misguided position on theology. Jesus was invited by Matthew to a party so Jesus could talk to his friends and give them the good news, this however was not church nor was it the Lord's day.
Camps shakes head in bewilderment , all this stuff you keep spouting Fundy is coming straight from your head.

Come from behind the 4 walls of church doctrine and learn to love yourself .

You cannot love Fundy unless you can love yourself.

Old 10-25-2009, 02:32 PM

Quote:
It is absolutey hilarious how many spiritually immature people twist this verse to prove their misguided position on theology. Jesus was invited by Matthew to a party so Jesus could talk to his friends and give them the good news, this however was not church nor was it the Lord's day.
Let me guess you use only the KJV Bible even though it was translated from Latin which was translated from... but it's perfect right? Let me guess only you know what God wants and what God thinks and what is perfection according to God? Well my friend that type of thinking and knowing means you are putting yourself on the same level of God and that violates the 10 commandments - you are setting yourself up to be a false God.

Have at it though, it is fun to watch hypocritical behavior in action.

Oh hey, it is Sunday, what are you doing working and typing on Sunday? Isn't that against Scripture? Nah - you say it is okay so it must be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity