Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2009, 11:41 AM

3,570 posts, read 8,718,827 times

Advertisements

Just wanted to give a shout out to our Lord for his ultimate protection in our lives. Last Wednesday I fell off my roof (about 10 feet) and landed on my ladder and deck. I hadn't planned a ride in an ambulance, x-rays or all the attention I got, but it did happen. The fall almost knocked me out...by God's grace I was still conscious. My wife "happened" to be home. Praise God for his mercy.

The best part is that I was able to walk out of the ER a few hours later with only some serious bruises. A few days later I said goodbye to my trusty ladder that I mangled when I landed on it. Better the ladder than me eh?! God is watching out for us and protecting us. Many times we don't even know He is protecting us...and then there are other times when you just know He spared you and protected you! Give God a praise and a shout today for his goodness!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2009, 11:58 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,715,345 times
Glad you're okay, bro. Thank God indeed.

Old 11-02-2009, 12:01 PM

Thanks! Yeah, I look at it defnitely as God's protection when I fell. I also think having been very active doing yoga for the past almost 5 months has something to do with how limber my body is/was. I definitely think that helped matters. But in the end, it is ALL God!

Old 11-02-2009, 12:06 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,695,693 times
Yes, it is a wonderful thing to know! Whether we acknowledge and profess with our mouths on a continuous bases! We know in our hearts God is always there protecting us in all things 24/7!!
HALLELUJAH!!
Thank you, Lord Jesus!!! We totally lift our hearts in praises to you and thank you for protecting Hoosier in this fall!

I use to say that God gave in charge over me some big fat Angels with all the accidents and falls I have done in my life time...... and boy do I have some testimonies.....

Blessings to all!!!

Old 11-02-2009, 12:17 PM

1,962 posts, read 5,196,787 times
Praise God!

Old 11-02-2009, 02:22 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,177,133 times
Thank you Father for all the things you do for us, including those very few times we notice.

Old 11-02-2009, 02:45 PM

1,366 posts, read 3,346,217 times
Glad you're okay, Hoosier. I have to give thanks today too. About an hour ago, I missed a buck, running across the road at lightning speed, by what to do be 5 feet while driving about 50mph. I swerved, hit the brakes and narrowly missed it. So I join you in giving thanks.

Last edited by TNKY; 11-02-2009 at 03:19 PM..

Old 11-02-2009, 03:08 PM

661 posts, read 1,183,891 times
Glad you are ok Hoosier.

I have to ask though, why are you so special when there no doubt have been Christians who fell and were not so lucky?

And why do you consider yourself fortunate to have delayed going to heaven, when its the ultimate desire of every Christian to get there?

It just doesnt seem logical....

Ecclesiastes 9:11,12....'nor do even those having knowledge have the favor; because time and unforeseen occurrence befall them all'.

This seems more appropriate... It says to me that God does not interfere, either in protection or the lack of it.

Old 11-02-2009, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Glad you are ok Hoosier.

I have to ask though, why are you so special when there no doubt have been Christians who fell and were not so lucky?

And why do you consider yourself fortunate to have delayed going to heaven, when its the ultimate desire of every Christian to get there?

It just doesnt seem logical....

Ecclesiastes 9:11,12....'nor do even those having knowledge have the favor; because time and unforeseen occurrence befall them all'.

This seems more appropriate... It says to me that God does not interfere, either in protection or the lack of it.
Thanks... I think. I believe we are all special and I'm not singled out as being more special than anyone else. If God wanted to take me, he would've. I'd have been elated to go and be in his presence. But remember, I'm a guy with a wife and two kids under the age of 10. I'm a daddy. My wife and kids are so very important to me and I worry about what would happen to them if I weren't here. Sure, I know the Lord will take care of them...I know this for sure. But it's the human part of me that wants and needs to care for them...they are my family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity