Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 12:12 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,579,134 times

Advertisements

LOS ANGELES - When the Rev. Tom Eggebeen took over as interim pastor at Covenant Presbyterian Church three years ago, he looked around and knew it needed a jump start.

Most of his worshippers, though devoted, were in their 60s, attendance had bottomed out and the once-vibrant church was fading as a community touchstone in its bustling neighborhood.

Gone to the dogs: Church starts pet service - Faith- msnbc.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2009, 12:15 PM

2,886 posts, read 8,280,717 times
Lol!!!
Oooooooooooookay!!

Old 11-06-2009, 03:03 PM

1,962 posts, read 5,196,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
LOS ANGELES - When the Rev. Tom Eggebeen took over as interim pastor at Covenant Presbyterian Church three years ago, he looked around and knew it needed a jump start.

Most of his worshippers, though devoted, were in their 60s, attendance had bottomed out and the once-vibrant church was fading as a community touchstone in its bustling neighborhood.

"The 30-minute worship service, complete with individual doggie beds, canine prayers and a tray of dog treats for the offering, is intended attract new members who are as crazy about God as they are about their four-legged friends." [url=http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33617857/ns/us_news-faith/]

Utter stupidity, blasphemous, puerile, foolish, and completely lacking any conviction of the Spirit. Circus church!

Old 11-06-2009, 03:41 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,173,178 times
Idolatry, though many don't admit to a public service, they're guilty as well. Maybe I am too.

imo. <<<

Old 11-06-2009, 05:53 PM

4,437 posts, read 4,865,646 times

YouTube - GoD And DoG by WJ Francisco

Old 11-26-2013, 09:41 PM

4 posts, read 4,987 times
Talking Dogs in Churches.

Hi Pastor Mrs Pami Wahl I think this Pastor needs a new brain. Only dog that should be able to come in any church is a true service dog.
You should be able to give God his time. Just leave the dog home with the TV on Animal Plant.

Old 11-27-2013, 12:53 AM

400 posts, read 601,562 times
Wonder how many will sign up for 'Doggie Daycare' duty?

Old 11-27-2013, 05:19 PM

264 posts, read 350,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post

To worship the image of the beast, where man thinks more of the creation more than the Creator and we find our true companions in amongst the beast for the world is VOID, empty of love for one another and we treat and dress our pets as if their were family,because we trained up our family as lawless animals.
Well God warned us all this would happen. I have noticed it and wrote about it for years now. Adam wasn't able to find a suitable helpmeet among the animals...

Just one good reason to believe the Bible, If, one can't believe it as Truth just because God says it is.

Last edited by afaithfulone4u; 11-27-2013 at 06:05 PM..

Old 11-27-2013, 05:28 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
My 2 little wooies know they are wonderful creations of a God, well they should know, I tell them enough. I'm sure they think I'm wonderful too for the amounts of walks and treats they get., and if I take them to the beach I'm the best thing since sliced bread.

Old 11-27-2013, 05:49 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afaithfulone4u View Post
To worship the image of the beast, where man thinks more of the creation more than the Creator and we find our true companions in amongst the beast for the world is VOID, empty of love for one another and we treat and dress our pets as if their were family,because we trained up our family as lawless animals.
Well God warned us all this would happen. I have noticed it and wrote about it for years now.

Just one good reason to believe the Bible, If, one can't believe it as Truth just because God says it is.
An old Cherokee is teaching his grandson about life:

"A fight is going on inside me," he said to the boy.
"It's a terrible fight between two wolves. One is evil - he is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego." He continued, "The other is good - he is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith.The same fight is going on inside you - and inside every other person, too."

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather, "Which wolf will win?"

The old Cherokee simply replied, "The one you feed."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity