U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-13-2009, 12:43 PM
 
Location: Prattville, Alabama
4,883 posts, read 5,856,572 times
Reputation: 819

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
You said nowhere in Scripture does it state that the Jews were attempting to stone Jesus because they thought that He was claiming to be God. I showed you where just a couple of chapters later the Jews were attempting to stone Jesus. And Why Were They Attempting to Stone Jesus? BECAUSE THEY UNDERSTOOD THAT JESUS WAS CLAIMING TO BE GOD. And the verse John 10:33 says that directly. ''BECAUSE YOU, BEING A MAN MAKE YOURSELF OUT TO BE GOD.

Because you refuse to acknowledge that Jesus Christ is both true humanity and eternal and infinite God, your entire understanding of God is skewed. You know nothing about God, you know nothing about His nature. I will tell you again. Go and study the material that has been provided, and learn the truth. But you are not going to do that. Therefore, lock yourself into your false beliefs ever more tightly so that you will never know the truth.
You offer nothing but the same old tired rhetoric you always espouse....if you are not willing to study and instead cling to the opinions and interpretations of men then you will never find the path to the ONE AND ONLY GOD....the God Jesus showed us The Way to. There is way more scripture available than the corrupted bible you read each day.

Last edited by ChristyGrl; 11-13-2009 at 01:03 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-13-2009, 01:08 PM
 
Location: El Paso, TX
30,464 posts, read 22,599,417 times
Reputation: 14412
In John 1:1 the Word is declared to be. To exist. The Word is declared to be both with God, and to be God, The Word is identified as He, thereby establishing His Personhood. In verse 3, the Word is identified as being the creator. Only God can create the universe. It was the Word, Jesus Christ who carried out the actual creative act.

In John 1:14, the Word became flesh. In verse 15, John (and this is John the Baptist, not the John who wrote the Gospel) bears witness that Jesus Christ is the Word.

John 1:1-34 shows that Jesus Christ is God and that He became flesh and that this fact was testified to by John.

Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-13-2009, 01:23 PM
 
Location: El Paso, TX
30,464 posts, read 22,599,417 times
Reputation: 14412
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
You offer nothing but the same old tired rhetoric you always espouse....if you are not willing to study and instead cling to the opinions and interpretations of men then you will never find the path to the ONE AND ONLY GOD....the God Jesus showed us The Way to. There is way more scripture available than the corrupted bible you read each day.
This is what you always fall back on. When you can use the Scriptures to your advantage, you do so. When the Scriptures are used to prove you wrong, you dismiss them as the opinions and interpretations of men. You have no interest in the truth, and do not know the truth. I just showed you the Scripture that puts the lie to your assertion that the Jews never thought that Jesus was declaring Himself to be God ( John 10:33 by the way), and your defense is to call it 'the opinions and interpretations of carnal men.'

There is no getting through to a person who has no desire for the truth. Woman, you do not know God. You do not know the Scriptures. You have been completely and thoroughly deceived, duped, by the god of this world, his majesty, the devil.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-13-2009, 01:31 PM
 
Location: Prattville, Alabama
4,883 posts, read 5,856,572 times
Reputation: 819
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
This is what you always fall back on. When you can use the Scriptures to your advantage, you do so. When the Scriptures are used to prove you wrong, you dismiss them as the opinions and interpretations of men. You have no interest in the truth, and do not know the truth. I just showed you the Scripture that puts the lie to your assertion that the Jews never thought that Jesus was declaring Himself to be God ( John 10:33 by the way), and your defense is to call it 'the opinions and interpretations of carnal men.'

There is no getting through to a person who has no desire for the truth. Woman, you do not know God. You do not know the Scriptures. You have been completely and thoroughly deceived, duped, by the god of this world, his majesty, the devil.
You haven't provided anything that hasn't been refuted over and over again, by not only me but many others. You just be on your Roman pagan way and worship Jesus as your god....and we will continue to worship the ONE AND ONLY GOD.

Last edited by ChristyGrl; 11-13-2009 at 01:50 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-13-2009, 01:41 PM
 
Location: El Paso, TX
30,464 posts, read 22,599,417 times
Reputation: 14412
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
You have provided anything that hasn't been refuted over and over again, by not only me but many others. You just be on your Roman pagan way and worship Jesus as your god....and we will continue to worship the ONE AND ONLY GOD.
Jesus is not the Father

pre existence of the Son
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-13-2009, 01:49 PM
 
Location: Prattville, Alabama
4,883 posts, read 5,856,572 times
Reputation: 819
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
It sure is tiresome that you can't find one ORIGINAL thought of your own.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-13-2009, 01:52 PM
 
17,966 posts, read 14,895,223 times
Reputation: 1005
Commentary on John 1:1-3

" It is impossible for the mind to entertain the two thoughts that the Word was toward (or with) God, and the Word was God. Nothing which is toward (or with) an object can actually be that object. The difficulty lies in the difference between English and Greek idiom. "Was" and "is" are usually omitted in Greek, unless they are used in a figurative sense. Thus "This is my body" does not mean that the bread of the communion actually is the Lord's body but represents it. As the bread stands for the Lord's body, so the Word took the place of God. The God of the Hebrew Scriptures spoke: it was an oral revelation. He was revealed as Elohim, Yahweh, Adonai, etc., by means of utterances which came to the fathers through the prophets. while His essence was concealed. As at Sinai, His voice was heard, but He was hid.

"3 Tyndale, the first translator of our English Bible, used the pronoun "it" in referring to the Word, nor did he ever change it in his revisions." (A.E. Knoch, Concordant Commentary)
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-13-2009, 02:14 PM
 
Location: Seattle, Washington
8,435 posts, read 9,825,033 times
Reputation: 1724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Commentary on John 1:1-3

" It is impossible for the mind to entertain the two thoughts that the Word was toward (or with) God, and the Word was God. Nothing which is toward (or with) an object can actually be that object. The difficulty lies in the difference between English and Greek idiom. "Was" and "is" are usually omitted in Greek, unless they are used in a figurative sense. Thus "This is my body" does not mean that the bread of the communion actually is the Lord's body but represents it. As the bread stands for the Lord's body, so the Word took the place of God. The God of the Hebrew Scriptures spoke: it was an oral revelation. He was revealed as Elohim, Yahweh, Adonai, etc., by means of utterances which came to the fathers through the prophets. while His essence was concealed. As at Sinai, His voice was heard, but He was hid.

"3 Tyndale, the first translator of our English Bible, used the pronoun "it" in referring to the Word, nor did he ever change it in his revisions." (A.E. Knoch, Concordant Commentary)
Not only that but it is clear in Eph. that the sword that proceeds from Christ is the Word and the Word is the Spirit of God.. not Jesus. The Word dwells in flesh but is still the Spirit of God.

I have yet to see a rebuttal to my assertion that the Word of God is actually the Spirit of God not Jesus.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-13-2009, 02:22 PM
 
Location: El Paso, TX
30,464 posts, read 22,599,417 times
Reputation: 14412
I ask again that those of you reading this post who don't normally post, and who acknowledge that Jesus Christ is God, and that God is triune in nature, make yourselves known. It is tiresome to have these critics and naysayers doing all the posting. Don't just be a reader, be a poster. Or are there fewer people reading these posts than I think? I'm not referring to those who have already posted, just to the ones who haven't.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-13-2009, 02:30 PM
 
Location: Prattville, Alabama
4,883 posts, read 5,856,572 times
Reputation: 819
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Not only that but it is clear in Eph. that the sword that proceeds from Christ is the Word and the Word is the Spirit of God.. not Jesus. The Word dwells in flesh but is still the Spirit of God.

I have yet to see a rebuttal to my assertion that the Word of God is actually the Spirit of God not Jesus.
You must be waiting for the whales to fly too....my question hasn't been answered either....they just keep posting the same old sorry stuff. It's difficult to answer questions that CAN'T be answered while you still hold the same Jesus is God view.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top